My evaluation for now and 06 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My evaluation for now and 06

TakeIt2DaHouse

Starter
Reaction score
Quarterback:
Yes we need a qb for the future but spending a high pick on one and paying him overated money doesnt sit well with me because they are too risky now. We can find good hidden gem qb with good talent as long as he fits Saban's system just like Brady fits BB's system thats what we need. I dont think we should even bother with a qb if we pick in the top 10. Although I like Leinhart I don't know if he is worth taking so high and I am 100% against drafting a rb for qb. I was amazed at how many people here wanted all these running qb's what does history say? Running qb's have "won nothing" and thats a fact! When the game is on the line or your down your qb can't win with his legs and those types of qb's are usually poor passers anyways just like everyones favorite m.vick. We need a good qb with who throws the ball well doesnt get happy feet and has good pocket presence.Frerotte is managing well so far better than I thought and Our back ups arent much to say but they are just that back ups.Although Rosenfels has showed flashes here and there and its obvious A.Feely is in the wrong system.
Unit Grade:C

Running Back:
This is a bright sport for our team since we have Ricky and Ronnie, The Future and Present. Ronnie will come around I'm sure of it and Ricky will be his normal self, come on people Ricky just sat a year it's not like he forgot how to play football. He will come back with fresher legs and splitting with with Ronnie will be an awesome combo. As far as rb is concerned we are set here we have a soilid back-up in S.Morris so this isn't an area of concern anymore.
Unit Grade:A

Wide Reciever:
This unit I was raving about before the season started but have done nothing but dissapoint me.I expected more out of this group. I have always been a CC supporter but its becoming clear to me that he will never be at that elite level of wr he wont be able to get that 5th star, that players like Moss,Ownes,Harrison,Johnson just to name a few have. It seems like he doesnt have the fire but he has the talent. Hopefully he can prove me wrong I still have faith in him but I'm losing it week by week. M.Booker is a solid #2 I like his play nice tough wr also I'm glad he is part of our team. D.Boston has been a dissapointment but I'm gonna give him some time its only his what 2 game in 2 years so maybe he needs some game speed to get back into the flow cause you know what #80 can do. I love Wes Welker what a heart this kid has good special teams player and going over the middle to make some important catches. I think this guy will be a difference maker down the line this year watch for him. As for the rest fo the wr they are nothing more than AVG. If CC doesnt pan out again and neither does DB I think maybe we should think about trying to bring in a good wr cause last time I checked Booker isnt that young.
Unit Grade:C+

Offensive-Line
This frustrates me the most on the team cause its been so inconsistant for years it makes our offense suck it makes the qb,rb and wr look bad. Game 1 it looked good game 2 it sucked who knows maybe it will be off and on now game 3 will be good who knows with this bunch. Obviusly we need help here so I'm looking for Saban to revamp this line every so often especially when they play bad. As for draft unless there is an O.Pace type lineman available I've never liked using a high pick on a lineman. Hopefully V.Carey can develop into the player everyone hopes hec ould be.

Defensive-Line
This is probably one of the top d-lines in football, and I really belive once M.Roth develops his skills he will be just like J.Taylor but meaner. The line is solid and we have quality back-ups to rotate in there. The only think that concerns me is that we over run the play sometimes and that usually turns into big runs.Our front 4 has done a good job so far this year and I expect them to play even better as the season progresses.

Linebackers:
This is a great unit especially with the emergence of C.Crowder playing very well except for that rookie mistake he made throwing coles to the ground but he will learn that in time. This group is always solid Zach and JR and even JT coming to the outside every now and then. Saban for sure knows what he is doing in mixing up the d something we haven't done in 5 years now.Although they are againg and we need to get a bit younger I expect Saban to draft another lb in the draft somewhere between rd 3-5

Seconday:
Of course this is an area of concern so far from what I've seen our secondary looks like its gonna have some problems. Mainly our cb's although i think T.Daniels is a great pick up and he ha sthe potenial to be a great cb for us. Madison looks like he's losing it more and more although is still effective but needs to be replaced soon probably after this year and no R.Howard is not the guy either he has done nothing to show me he deserves anything but a special teams roll. I do like our safties Shulters,Jones, and Bell I think they can be a solid group of guys but they need to play more in this system and together more. I believe once the team plays more together they will gel and this unti wil get better but for sure I see Saban drafting cb who knows maybe in the 1st or bringing one in depening on who is available.

Special Teams:
Our Special Teams defense has always been good but its the offense I'd like to see do better. I mean what we have 1 kick return td in the last 15 years? I think it was and that was in the last game of last year. A punt return for a td was last in like 93 or something when OJ McDuffie took it I think 77 yards against the Steelers. So that would most def be exciting if we can get some exciting returns out of that. Wes Welker is the man for it also I think we should be very lucky to have a guy returning our kicks for us reads his blocks and splits seams very well and has good vision only thing is I wish he was faster. I believe we are set up well in this department.
Unit Grade:B+

Kicker
O.Mare was great but is losing some of his juice and is way overpaid he needs to restructure or move on cause he gets paid way to much and hasn't been as reliable in the past couple years.
Grade:B

Punter
This position here is a mess but this D.Jones guy did ok against Jets with some good punts in the 5 so we'll see more and make further judgement.
Grade:C+

Coach
This is the man that determines it all and finally we have a coach since "The Don" who wants to build and make a winner and take this program to the next level. Jimmy didn't have his heart in it after his 2nd year here so he dont count and Wanny had no clue what he was doing, he took some talented players we had and now made them old. Never fear Saban is here and I can see the will and determination that he has he is to dedicated not to succeed and to bring the proud football city of Miami a Super Bowl that its been lacking for 32 years now. He has done nothing but great moves since being here is the best thin that happend to Miami since Pat Riley drafted Dwayne Wade.They might make fun of us now but in due time this man will be on the cover of magazines everywhere and it will say "HOW DO YOU BEAT THE DOLPHINS" He will make our proud franchise a dynasty once agian this I have full faith and confidence in him therefor I don't question anyof he personel decisions and if I were the rest of the league I'd begin to worry cause they know the trains coming baby and aint nothing gonna stop it!!!!!! Go Dolphins 05!!!!
Grade:A

I like verything you said except for this:

now. We can find good hidden gem qb with good talent as long as he fits Saban's system just like Brady fits BB's system thats what we need. I dont think we should even bother with a qb if we pick in the top 10.

Im tired of getting potential starters, Feeley was a waste, Fieldler blew and Gus is nothing special. I doubt we will ick in the top 10, but i believe we will pick in the top 15. We will get a good QB next year, the question is how. Also we will pick up a WR, OT and DB in the draft next year IMO.

well yeah I'm not meaning lets blow another pick like that on a 3rd string qb I was thinkking more like I think Saban can find us a qb after the first rd of the draft but yes i dont want to try to trade for a back up thinking he can be a starter no way

TakeIt2DaHouse said:
well yeah I'm not meaning lets blow another pick like that on a 3rd string qb I was thinkking more like I think Saban can find us a qb after the first rd of the draft but yes i dont want to try to trade for a back up thinking he can be a starter no way

I'm sure we can find a QB in the second round an exaple of this is Chris Leak, this will be his breakout year and I have heard alot of talk already about picking him up in the second round next year, but Knowing Saban you really dont know what you are gonna get, Hell I thought we might have gotten Alex Smith or Edwards with all that smoke he was blowing in April and we got Ronnie which was a good pick up.

So you really never know I wouldn't be surprised if we pull what NY did and pick a kicker early, Mare is way overpaid and he is not what he used to be.

It's funny how we all forget Will Poole.

Assuming he comes back full strength... we were all RAVING about him after his first season (he was last year's Crowder). Now, with Daniels, we've got two outstanding young players. The only problem I could see is that (for right now) they're both #2 CBs and aren't ready to step up to the #1 spot. But, if Madison plays 2 more years, one will definitely step up.

I like our CBs, but I think we need to look at FS/SS in the next draft (along with DT, WR, and possibly QB).

Good evaluation. As far as the grades go, I think the offensive line and secondary are both below average maybe in the D range. Good comment on Chambers. I'm really frustrated with him right now. It seems like the quick outs are the only plays he's making. Granted he went up against Ty Law in New York and, because of the lack of talent on the line, everything needs to be quick or the quarterback will be killed. That obviously hurts the deep game and the timing between the qb and wr's.

Honestly, I don't know if there are two keepers on the line. Maybe Hadnot and maybe Carey, but it looks like the line is going to need a major overhaul over the next couple of years. McIntosh is clearly not suited for LT and McKinney doesn't look to be powerful enough in the middle. Carey also might be a tad slow for tackle, although he has played well.

I also like our defensive line, but there's a lot of uncertainty at DT. Hopefully, Wright and Vickerson can develop because Traynor is only a stopgap for a year or two.

I believe Saban will get there, but I think we're going to have to be patient. There are a lot of areas that need help -- left tackle, quarterback, safety, cornerback, center and maybe defensive tackle.

Back
Top Bottom