My Expert View | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Expert View

wow, not nearly as difficult as I had aniticipated.

auburn only had 7 4th round selections since 1990.

91... pick 101, david rocker DT houston

96... pick 102, stephen davis, RB washington

99... pick 114, Brad Ware, safety tennessee.

2000... pick 113, leonardo carson, DT san diego

2001... pick 100 rudi johnson, RB cincy

2004... pick 97, reggie torbor, DE, NYG

2009... pick 133, tyronne greene, G san diego....

which of these fellas ate there way out of the league, or do I have to look up circumstances for each's retirement as well???

Leonardo Tremayne Carson (born February 11, 1977 in Mobile, Alabama) is an American football defensive tackle in the National Football League. He played college football at Auburn University. A former member of the San Diego Chargers, he most recently played for the Dallas Cowboys.
Carson was acquired by the Cowboys on October 18, 2003, after being released by the Chargers. Although large and physically talented, his productivity as a player was often mediocre, and head coach Bill Parcells, who initially lauded his arrival to the team, stated in several press conferences that he'd lost confidence in Carson. In 2003, Carson started in less than half of the games in which he played.
Beginning June 14, 2004, Carson began serving a 30-day sentence at the Mobile County Metro Jail on two misdemeanor counts of kidnapping and burglary relating to an August 2003 incident where he broke into the home of his ex-girlfriend's sister, Tasha Locke. He forced her to leave with him, but later that evening, Carson's car broke down, and Locke escaped.
Carson was re-signed to the Cowboys for the 2004 season, although he was suspended from the opening game of the season by the NFL for violation of the player conduct policy.
He had signed a one-year contract with the Cowboys for the 2005 season, but was released prior to the season's start.

it's possible, although I would say more of something else, than an eating problem.

i AGREE that dez could more than likely be our pic if he is there.
i heard gil brandt on sirius nfl the other day saying how much
he IS parcells kind of wr. he went on and on sounding like he
may know something. remember, gil and bill are VERY close
friends and hang out a lot.

gil said if dez is there at #12, the finz will RUN the card to the
podium.

i DISAGREE with your assumption of graham. you already said
YOUR talent evaluation system put him ahead of mcclain
[i highly agreee there also] who just about everyone except
you and i see going maybe even higher than #12].

so whats not value? his stats are better in EVERY category than
mcclain. he is a better pass rusher, in fact, a damned good pass
rusher, can play the run equally well. the wolverines didnt have
him drop back in coverage much but when they did, he exelled.
same as in the senior bowl [where he was mvp].

so, his stats are far and away better than any de/olb in the draft,
he has the size, the speed, the intangables, did it all at a big
school against top talent, pass rusher, run stopper, exells at
tackle for loss and he has no value at #12? how so? he is not
a one trick pony or a ilb tackler. i say his value is better than just
about anyones at #12.

and of course, i highly AGREE with you on mcclain. he is the reach
at #12 to me. besides the explosion you mentioned, he also has
that annoying habit that crowder has by getting to jacked up and
over running plays. solid tackler for sure, but, you have to be on
your guy to do it. i just dont see him beeing an instant impact player,
in other words a guy who will be sacking people all over the place
and making game changing plays with regularity.

mcclain worship is becoming creepy! almost cultish. this same thing happened
with GLENN DORSEY a couple years back. no one could even fathom us taking
anyone but him and came with homicidal fury against anyone who questioned
his game or the possability that the finz may pass on him.

dont see dez making it passed the broncos though. and my hope is that
mcclain will be GONE and BRANDON GRAHAM will be the pic.

no, actaully i am hoping that mccalin IS there and we pic someone else like
dez or graham to show people that the finz were not as spit slobbering
over him as many thought they would be. ending all of the "well, they
only chose him because mcclain was gone" talk for all eternity.

hula-hoop (I know it sounds odd, but this is the best measure I have found to determine hip/pelvic/upper thigh flexibility and gyration).

Was this the test Jason Taylor had to perform to prove his elgibility for Dancing with The Stars?

Hula Hoop, Upper thigh explosion... whats next, reps of gluteus maximus squeezes?

Well I have been in the heat of Draft Season 2010. This is an exciting time for those of us in the business. Many of you have solicited my opinion on various players and I have tried to give you guys some of the inside-happenings of what is going on behind closed doors as we speak. This is not an exact science, but from what I am hearing, and the over 2,400 of tape I have watched on various players this year, I am giving you the name of your guy:

The Fins will select Dez "The Manburgler" Bryant with their first pick.

I have seen the big board from numerous associates of mine and I am 75% confident DB will be your guy. Eric Berry will NOT fall to you, get it out of your heads. Graham from Michigan is a nice prospect, but not enough value at 12 for the Fins to take him. He will go 18-25, take that to the bank. McClain, of course, is the wild card. However, too many questions about him remain. He is a solid player, but I just do not see enough upper-thigh explosion from him. I have disected his game, it is solid, but he did not rate as highly as Graham, and just slightly above Kindle, when I applied my Talent Method to him.

IF, DB is off the board, look for the Fins to trade out of that pick. They will not reach for Graham, nor are they salivating over McClain as much as many amateurs are suggesting. DB is your guy. I have heard this through a number of sources, sources who I trust very much and are almost as good at talent identification as I am.

I can look at a guy for 2 snaps and tell you how his NFL fortunes stack up. Bryant delivers the goods. In fact, I would rate him favorbly over a number of prospects that will be off the board by 12.

I think he understands good dietary health and I have heard he is very conscienscous of what he puts in his body: lean proteins, good leafy vegetables (kale, swiss chard, and spinach), is an avid user of fish oil for lubrication and heart health, and steers clear of fatty southern foods.

I will be reporting back again soon, to add more insight and let you glimse into what a person with my credentials gets to see these weeks leading up to the draft.

Once I read this I knew he was my kind of guy :pray:

Was this the test Jason Taylor had to perform to prove his elgibility for Dancing with The Stars?

Hula Hoop, Upper thigh explosion... whats next, reps of gluteus maximus squeezes?

Hey man, an expert opinion from a talent scout requires thoroughness.....:lol::lol::lol:

This talent scout guy is really into self promotion and tooting his own horn.
So he can tell an NFL caliber player from watching only TWO snaps!
Wow, he is truly Mr. Incredible

self promotion? nah, hes got nothing on some here.

I am taking the train down to William and Mary this morning to hopefully get a look at 2 senior late-round prospects..

Who do you like more...William or Mary? And, as far as upper thigh explosion, my wife says I'm the man.

Why would Bryant slide?

Stop buying all the hype. This year's WR crop is awful at the top.

Bryant was suspended almost his whole senior year. Not only that, he is slow.

So, unless a team is totally convinced he is the next Anquan Boldin, they aren't going to spend a 1st on him, when there are guys available throughout the rest of the draft who may turn out better than him.

Listen, the media guys have to hype someone as the big #1 WR in the draft. This year, things were so bare at the top, they had to use a guy that was suspended.

I don't know. Maybe one of the teams with 2 first round picks will take a chance on him. But teams with just 1 precious 1st rounder; they are all looking for a true superstar, not just a guy with great hands and good routes.
They can still get that in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

Ha when i talked to Gil Brandt on the radio he told me he was 99% we would NOT draft dez lol

I'll say it again. There are 3 people who know who the 1st pick will be and even they are not sure right now.

Back
Top Bottom