My FA plan after Hartline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My FA plan after Hartline

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
I would rather go after Keller and Davis as our dynamic TE duo as well as sign a DE like Bennett or Avril. We could sign these 3 instead of Wallace for the same money. Keller and Davis would give us that threat like New England has with their passing offense. With those two plus Hartline and Bess we could draft 2 or 3 WR's in the draft, like a Hunter and Wheaton. There's six weapons and add Matthews with them all of a sudden the offense is loaded and cheaper than throwing all that money to one player. I would try to resign Clemons and one FA CB then draft one CB and some OL. Thoughts?

I like your plan. I like Wallace, but just don't trust him to be capable of duplicating his success in Pitt, here in Miami. Pitt fans are happy he wasn't resigned and it makes you wonder about Wallace.

i dont want wallace think hes overrated, especially for 12 mil a yr ....avril wants insane money.

I like your plan too, Bennett is most certainly on my radar, but if we have to cut cost after signing a top tier TE and WR, then we should go after a situational pass rusher like Freeney or Abraham instead of Bennett.

I like the concept. The Hartline signing gives us some flexibility, and people are missing this point. Your plan shows it well. Look, these are the WRs (Hartline and Bess) we went with last season; we're starting where we left off and are adding pieces. It's a pretty good situation to be in with our cap room, which you're making evident in that long list - muchappreciated. Like you say, we can now address some other needs, and I think you're right to do so.

Signing Hartline was a necessity, and people aren't understanding this. If we didn't bring him back, we would be completely and utterly desperate for Wallace, Jennings, or a more expensive Hartline on the open market. We certainly would've paid more. Then if we didn't get one of them (seeing that FA is the player's choice), we'd be forced to draft WRs at the top of the draft to round out our roster along with Davone Bess. Not signing Hartline when we did would've ended in disaster, imo.

it usually takes a few years for a wr to come into the NFL and make an impact.our future would look good if we drafted wr and not spend big time $$ on wallace or jennings but would our wr group b any better off if we just brought in rookies even if they were early day picks?im not saying ignore wallace or jennings just through caution to the wind

Keller and Davis is like Rob Gronkowski and Hernandez? Huh.....

I am comparing to highlight the prospect of having two TE's who can threaten a defense. New England hasn't had a #1 WR since Moss. Welker is a killer slot but not a #1. If we could sign two proven threats at TE and pair them with Hartline and Bess, we could afford to draft some speedy WR's and save some money instead of spending so much on one player like Wallace. I feel this would make Miami much better much quicker. We can take some of that saved money and fill other holes like a vet DE and CB.

I would rather go after Keller and Davis as our dynamic TE duo as well as sign a DE like Bennett or Avril. We could sign these 3 instead of Wallace for the same money. Keller and Davis would give us that threat like New England has with their passing offense. With those two plus Hartline and Bess we could draft 2 or 3 WR's in the draft, like a Hunter and Wheaton. There's six weapons and add Matthews with them all of a sudden the offense is loaded and cheaper than throwing all that money to one player. I would try to resign Clemons and one FA CB then draft one CB and some OL. Thoughts?

I would prefer Delanie Walker and Jared Cook, they have more upside and I feel at least one of them will turn into a very good TE.
Bennett, Krueger and Israel Idonije would be my options at DE. Pick one of them and we are set. I think Idonije will be a great 4-3 DE. At cornerback I would take a risk and sign one between Grimes and Pac-Man Jones. Grimes risk is injury and Jones is character but they could be steals if Grimes is healthy or Jones keeps behaving like last year (his play was SOLID last year). So I think we could bring three not so expensive (and not hot names) but very solid players in Walker, Idonije and Adam Jones and still have money to spend on some quality depht. I would try to resign Clemons and Fasano.

Back
Top Bottom