My Fantasy Team : Opinions Anyone??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Fantasy Team : Opinions Anyone???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I had my Fanasy draft yesterday, and I wanted to get eveyones opinion on how I did....

I had the #2 pick.

1. RB - A. Green - GB
2. WR - C. Chambers - MIA
3. RB - S. Davis - WAS
4. QB - M. Vick - ATL
5. WR - L. Coles - NYJ:cry:
6. QB - J. Plummer - ARZ
7. WR - J. Green - WAS
8. RB - R. Dayne - NYG
9. WR - T. Pinkston - PHI
10. D - Tampa Bay
11. K - J. Carney - NO
12. TE - J. Shockey - NYG
13. K - M. Hollis - BUF
14 D - Cincinnati

Well, I couldn't pass on A. Green with the #2 pick. Over the last few seasons, my RB core has been soft. I thought it was time to change that....

At QB, I saw M. Vick was still there, and I took him. I saw up close and personal what this kid can do on the field. His fantasy value as a runner and passer had me seeing visions of D. Culpepper. He's still very raw, but can score at any time while on the field. He's very fast, and should improve every week.....

I took WR C. Chambers very early IMO. I probably could have waited another round for him, but I had to have at least one Phinz player, so I took him early.....

TE J. Shockey fell all the way to the bottom as did S. Sharpe. After what I've seen from this kid, and the Giants lack of talent at WR, I said why the hell not???....I think he was a steal in the 12th!!!

Tampa Bay Defense - Very happy with this pick.

Cincinnati Defense - A few chuckled when I took them, but this group has improved dramatically. They had 47 sacks last season. I'm expecting them to be very solid.....

Well, how did I do???

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

sorry bro, but your team is awful....chambers in the second round, vick in the 4th...i got chambers in the 6th, and vick in the 9th...good luck this year

AHMAN GREEN WAS GOOD....BUT..

BLITZKREIG..... I AM PREPARING FOR MY 12 MAN LEAGUE..DRAFT TOMMORROW NIGHT. I HAVE THE 6TH PICK IN THE DRAFT....AND I HAVE A STRATEGY.....AND THATS TAKE TWO RB'S FIRST TWO ROUNDS. BY TAKING CHAMBERS THAT EARLY....YOU MOST LIKELY LEFT SOME BIG NAME RB'S ON THE BOARD....MUCH LESS AN UPPER TIER QB. STEPHEN DAVIS' YEAR IS CRITICAL FOR YOUR SUCCESS...BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT HIM...IN THAT OFFENSE. COLES WAS A GOOD PICK....VICK WILL BE JUST AN OK FANTASY SCORER.

BLITZ........IF YOU WIN YOUR LEAGUE.....I WILL PERSONALLY GIVE YOU $100 DOLLARS.

I WILL POST UP MY FINAL DRAFTED ROSTER IN A FEW DAYS.... AT 6......I AM LOOKING AT A TOP RB.....AND ON THE WAY BACK....I MAY STILL GET ANOTHER ONE.....LIKE AN EDDIE GEORGE, OR DEUCE MCCALLISTER....AND THEN IN THE THIRD....AN ABOVE AVERAGE QB....AND THEN WR.... YOU NEED TWO GOOD RB'S TO WIN IN ANY LEAGUE..... LAST SEASON.....I LOST EDGERRIN JAMES.....BUT MY BEST PICK IN THE DRAFT...CAME IN THE 10TH ROUND....WHEN I DRAFTED SHAUN ALEXANDER....AND THEN IN THE 16TH ROUND....TRUNG CANDIDATE. BRETT FAVRE WAS MY QB...IN THE 4TH ROUND. EVEN WITH THE LOSS OF JAMES LAST SEASON.....I STILL CAME IN THIRD PLACE OVERALL....AND WON SOME OF THE MONEY......RBS ARE THE KEY.... I LOST LAST SEASON BECUASE I TOOK CHRIS CARTER, TYRONE WHEATLEY, AND MICHAEL WESTBROOK IN THE MIDDLE ROUNDS....ALONG WITH ONE DOLPHIN....ORONDE GADSDEN.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE DRAFTING IN THE NEXT TWO OR THREE DAYS....... DCH....10 YEAR VETERAN

Originally posted by TheShamash9
sorry bro, but your team is awful....chambers in the second round, vick in the 4th...i got chambers in the 6th, and vick in the 9th...good luck this year

What's so awful about it???....

Please, enlighten me with your reasons.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

You had #2 pick and you selected Green? You could have selected Shawn Alexander or Marshall Faulk (if he wasn't first pick)....You drafted Chambers with your second pick? Although I drafted chambers in the 4th round but I already had Randy Moss in my team...I drafted Vick like in the 9th round .....

Way to high for Chambers. Your Qb situation is weak. Davis might have a tough year in the Gator offense. You should have gotten a little more value in your top picks. You did better in the later rounds.

While we are reviewing Fantasy teams....how bout this one...heres the setup now.....are there any backups that should be playing ahead of the starters?

Starters
QB- P. Manning, IND
RB - S. Alexander, SEA
RB - A. Green, GB
WR - J. Horn, NO
WR - K. Johnson, CLE
WR - K. McCardell, TB
TE - F. Wycheck, TEN
DEF - Miami
K - O. Mare, MIA

Backups
QB- R. Gannon, OAK
QB- T. Green, KC
RB - J. Stewart, DET
RB- L.Smith, CAR
WR- J. Pathon, NO
WR- D. Bates, MIN
WR- J.J. Stokes, SF
TE- F. Jones, ARI
TE- R. McMichael, MIA
DEF - Seattle
K - J. Hanson, DET

Just had mine yesterday also... I think I did pretty good:

Had the #3 pick...

1. Jeff Garcia - QB SF
2. Ricky Williams - RB -Mia
3. Jimmy Smith - WR - Jax
4. Chris Chambers - WR - Mia
5. Travis Henry - RB -Buf
6. Trent Green - QB - KC
7. Mike Alstott - RB - TB
8. David Sloan - TE - Det
9. David Akers - K - Phi
10. Dolphins - D- Mia
11. Randy McMicheal - TE - Mia
12. Bill Schroeder - WR - Det
13. Martin Gramatica - K- TB
14. Bengals - D - Cin

M. Faulk went first.

S. Alexander was not on my radar screen. First of all, I think he's way overrated. Playing in a new division, and against teams that can score in a heartbeat, the Seahawks wont have time to be grinding it out on the ground this season while playing from behind.....The loss of T. Dilfer hurts as well.

A. Green was ranked #2 or #3 in all of my books and cheat sheets. IMO, he was the best RB available at #2.

I jumped early at WR C. Chambers becuase I didn't want anyone else getting him. At the time, WR's were going fast, so I took him. I think he'll get even better this season, and prove to be a top 10 WR in next years mock drafts around the league....

I took RB S. Davis third. He's one of the most consistant RB's in the NFL. He had career yardage last season, and has averaged 10 TD's a season as a RB. He was ranked #6 overall at RB on my list. I think him, along with A. Green will be a very solid RB core for me this season.....

WR L. Coles has improved EVERY SEASON. His TD numbers aren't all that high, but with less double teams this season, I'm expecting at least 10 TD's and around 1,100 yrds....

WR J. Green is the best WR the Redskins have IMO. Rookie R. Gardner is not all that impressive, and the way the Redskins have been putting up big points this off-season, I figured why not take him. There wasn't all that much left at WR anyway when I made that pick....

I may have taken M. Vick too early, but just a few years ago, I passed on D. Culpepper very early, and could have won my league had I taken him....

M. Vick has one of the strongest arms in the NFL, and he's almost impossible to catch once he gets out of the pocket. He'll be tested being in Atlanta, but he's got more upside than any other QB in the NFL right now.....Can't wait to watch his stock soar!!!

J. Plummer had one his best, most productive seasons last year. He's always been a dangerous QB. Throwing deep to WR D. Boston wont hurt either....Solid top 15 QB.

Kickers are all question marks IMO. You never know whith them.

If you thought that the Tampa Bay defense was solid last season, they'll be even better this year. J. Gruden will make this defense very disciplined, and very hard to score against. They were already very strong, and moving into a much weaker divison will make them even better....

The Bengals defense doesn't get enough credit IMO. They have one of the best LBing cores in the NFL, and have improved dramatically over the last few seasons....

All around, I think my team is very solid. Compared to my team last year, this new team is much more balanced.

I had QB K. Warner last season, and it didn't help my cause at all. I left all that hype behind this year for a more balanced attack.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Originally posted by MIADolFan
While we are reviewing Fantasy teams....how bout this one...heres the setup now.....are there any backups that should be playing ahead of the starters?

Starters
QB- P. Manning, IND
RB - S. Alexander, SEA
RB - A. Green, GB

Who did you draft against and can I get in this league? You have three first rounders. Hard to do to bad with that.

Originally posted by PhinKev

Who did you draft against and can I get in this league? You have three first rounders. Hard to do to bad with that.

He must be the only player in his league to have been able to get all of those players....:lol: :lol: :lol:

This looks more like someones' "Wish List", than a starting roster.

Notice he has 20 players as well....How, after 20 rounds of drafting, could all of that talent have landed in this one guys lap???.....It's simply not possible IMO.

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Well here my draft result
1 Shaun Alexander
2 Curtis Martin
3 David Boston
4 Brett Farve
5 Eric Moulds
6 Chad Lewis
7 Quadry Ismail
8 Green Bay
9 Seb. Janikowski
10 Duece McAllister
11 Tim Couch
12 Marty Booker
13 Jeff Graham <-----my first bust pick
14 Denver
15 Brett Conway

I keep seeing rosters with the likes of S. Alexnder and C. Martin at RB....How is this possible???

If you draft a top 5 RB at #2, how can you take another (C. Martin) with your second pick??....

Are these leagues simply based on a salary cap situation, or are these actual drafts where once a player is taken, nobody else can have them???....

I just don't see how one team can have all that talent....

A. Green and C. Martin were both gone by the middle of the first round during my draft. The top 10 RB's were gone by the end of the second round.....

How do some of these guys end up with two of the top 5 RB's???

PHINZ RULE!!!

Blitz,
I'm a big FFL Vick fan, but only in a keeper league; he's a project who probably won't do a whole lot for you this year. To be honest, your QB'ing looks really bad.

Taking Chambers that in the second round of a non-keeper league just means that you left some really really excellent fantasy players on the table. I might actually take him in the second round of my draft this Friday but we're also a 2 person keeper league so I kept S. Davis and Pollard (we have to start a TE otherwise he would've been gone.) I also traded for L. Tomlinson, and still have the #5 pick which I'll probably use on a RB.

I also have two picks in the second round so taking Chambers with the second one, after a good starting QB, shouldn't be too much of a reach.

As to your question how guys end up with two top flight RB's, they're probably in keeper leagues and kept one, or both of them from last year.

Good luck but I'd work on a trade for a quality FFL QB.

By the way, good pick with Shokey so low, he'll be a FFL stud; perhaps he could be your trade bait.

Po

Originally posted by PhinKev

A league of morons at work.....I had last pick in the first round so i got the first pick the second round.....everyone was so preoccupied with QB's and Defenses (I wasn't gonna clue them in) I took A. Green the first round and i had the next pick....I took chance and got another RB S. Alexander.....believe it or not everyone overlooked P. Manning. I was a happy fantasy drafter at that point :)

Not in a keeper league here.....Yahoo free fantasy football....LOL.....I didnt make up the league I just joined it :)

Back
Top Bottom