My Final Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Final Mock

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
It's just about that time. Here's my final mock.

1. Roquan Smith LB --- Definitely the type of athletic playmaker Miami needs at linebacker. Honestly, I've had a hard time seeing him as a Dolphin due partly to his size, but this would be an excellent pick. I could see Miami taking a quarterback here. Watch for Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph or even a trade up.

2. Orlando Brown, OT -- It seemed absurd, prior to the combine, that Brown could make it out of the top 20 let alone the first round. But that could be the case. I've even seen him mocked in the third round. With James under contract for one more year, plus rumors he was almost dealt, getting a long-term solution at RT makes sense. Best player available type scenario and someone who destroys the man in front of him in the run game. A tight end is a huge possibility here (Mark Andrews?).

3. Trenton Thompson, DT -- Might be a round early, but at his best I think 3rd round could still be an absolute steal. Thompson sometimes looks like a first round talent and can collapse the pocket in the passing game. With Suh gone, DT is a big need. Can't wait too long here.

4. Troy Fumagalli, TE -- It's a little late to wait for a tight end, but I like Fumagalli. A bit underrated IMO.

4. Mike White, QB --- I've seen him mocked all over the place. Could go in R3, but I could see R4. Big, strong-armed, pocket passer. Nice developmental guy behind Tannehill.

6. Bo Scarborough, RB -- A power runner to pair with Drake.

7. Lowell Lotulelei, DT -- Run stuffer, who could fit as a rotational guy. Makes sense to double-up there IMO.

7. Ryan Izzo, TE --- More of a blocking tight end.

Hoping for Minkah in 1st. Rather go LB and safety in 2nd and 3rd. Also not a fan of Fumagali in 4th too early and hopefully we get Norton as DT later as rotational guy.

It's just about that time. Here's my final mock.

1. Roquan Smith LB --- Definitely the type of athletic playmaker Miami needs at linebacker. Honestly, I've had a hard time seeing him as a Dolphin due partly to his size, but this would be an excellent pick. I could see Miami taking a quarterback here. Watch for Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph or even a trade up.

2. Orlando Brown, OT -- It seemed absurd, prior to the combine, that Brown could make it out of the top 20 let alone the first round. But that could be the case. I've even seen him mocked in the third round. With James under contract for one more year, plus rumors he was almost dealt, getting a long-term solution at RT makes sense. Best player available type scenario and someone who destroys the man in front of him in the run game. A tight end is a huge possibility here (Mark Andrews?).

3. Trenton Thompson, DT -- Might be a round early, but at his best I think 3rd round could still be an absolute steal. Thompson sometimes looks like a first round talent and can collapse the pocket in the passing game. With Suh gone, DT is a big need. Can't wait too long here.

4. Troy Fumagalli, TE -- It's a little late to wait for a tight end, but I like Fumagalli. A bit underrated IMO.

4. Mike White, QB --- I've seen him mocked all over the place. Could go in R3, but I could see R4. Big, strong-armed, pocket passer. Nice developmental guy behind Tannehill.

6. Bo Scarborough, RB -- A power runner to pair with Drake.

7. Lowell Lotulelei, DT -- Run stuffer, who could fit as a rotational guy. Makes sense to double-up there IMO.

7. Ryan Izzo, TE --- More of a blocking tight end.
I would not draft Roquan Smith in the 1st. I do not think he fits in our system, but I can certainly see why some would feel differently. Bo Scarborough has the physical traits, but his injury history means he is a non-draftee. Also, I feel we have to draft a free safety. Quin Blanding is a player that has drop in the draft process and I do not understand why. He is very solid player that you can get with the 2nd pick in the 4th or trade down in the 5th rd.

Last edited:
I would not draft Roquan Smith in the 1st. I do not think he fits in our system, but I can certainly see why some would feel differently. Bo Scarborough has the physical traits, but his injury history means he is a non-draftee. Also, I feel we have to draft a free safety. Quin Blanding is a player that has drop in the draft process and I do not understand why. He is very solid player that you can get in the 5th rd.

Blanding could be one of those late round steals for sure. I think Miami would prefer Edmunds in the 1st, but I think he'll be gone.

I think Armando wrote that Miami has Smith, Edmunds and Vea as their intital targets, depending who’s avaiable at #11. He also states, that if somehow Derwin James falls to Mami’s pick, they’d select him.

James would be my #1 guy, unless one of the top quarterbacks fall. I think he brings the type of personality that would really help Miami. Not to mention he's probably one of the elite talents in this draft.

Back
Top Bottom