My Fins Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Fins Mock Draft

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Since everybody else is doing one, and I've been posting our picks from other sites, I guess I'll try a mock draft.

1.Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn-We could go a number of ways here. Any of the 3 RBs, Smith or Rodgers, or Edwards or Williams. As of right now, RB is our biggest need, and Ronnie Brown is probably the most complete back.

2.No Pick

3.Atiyyah Ellison DT, Missouri- I doubt many people want Ellison, or know who he is, but IMO he is the right pick. CJ Mosely will more than likely be gone by this time, Ronald Fields has durability issues, and there are better safeties later on in the draft. Ellison is the second tallest DT in the draft at 6'4 1/4", and runs a 4.9 40 being over 300 lbs. He is still raw, and will probably be a work in progress, but he has a ton of potential and he has continued to improve his play each year.

4.Jason Brown C, North Carolina- Brown might not fall into the 4th, but I wouldn't be shocked. Alot of people want Ben Wilkerson, including myself, but I doubt he falls to the 4th even with his injury. Brown is a bigger C (313 lbs), and would give McKinney compition for the starting center position.

5.Marviel Underwood S, San Diego State- This is probablythe biggest reach I will make in this mock. Underwood is small at 5'10 and only weights 197 lbs. However, he is one of the best all-around safeties in the draft. Most of the safeties projrcted to go in the 5/6 rounds all have questions on either their speed, coverage skills, or run support. Not Underwood. He is pretty good in coverage, and he is good in run support. He also likes to hit. Plus, he's a 3 year starter. The most impressive thing about him is probably his 4.38 40 time. The only real knock on him besides his size is that sometimes he goes for the big hit instead of the tackle.

6.No Pick

7.Walter Washington QB, Temple- Everybody wants a QB to develop, and here's the ultimate project. Washington has great arm strengh and athleticism, and his fairly hard to take down because of his weight (240 lbs). Washington is also pretty short for a QB (5'11 3/4"), so he might not even be drafted as a QB. Even if he does not end up playing QB in the pros, Washington can play also play WR, and can help Welker on ST. Plus he can give us a guy for the gadget plays (ala Hines Ward or Randel El). Either way, Washington would be a project.

So what do you guys think?

i like your first round pick... and thats about it.

finsnchips said:
i like your first round pick... and thats about it.

I kind of figured that would be the case. I don't expect many people to like it, but IMO I think those players would work out for us.

My mock

Trade down with Arizona......

#8 Cadillac Williams
#44 David Baas
#70 Fred Gibson

ChambersWI said:
Since everybody else is doing one, and I've been posting our picks from other sites, I guess I'll try a mock draft.

1.Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn-We could go a number of ways here. Any of the 3 RBs, Smith or Rodgers, or Edwards or Williams. As of right now, RB is our biggest need, and Ronnie Brown is probably the most complete back.

2.No Pick

3.Atiyyah Ellison DT, Missouri- I doubt many people want Ellison, or know who he is, but IMO he is the right pick. CJ Mosely will more than likely be gone by this time, Ronald Fields has durability issues, and there are better safeties later on in the draft. Ellison is the second tallest DT in the draft at 6'4 1/4", and runs a 4.9 40 being over 300 lbs. He is still raw, and will probably be a work in progress, but he has a ton of potential and he has continued to improve his play each year.

4.Jason Brown C, North Carolina- Brown might not fall into the 4th, but I wouldn't be shocked. Alot of people want Ben Wilkerson, including myself, but I doubt he falls to the 4th even with his injury. Brown is a bigger C (313 lbs), and would give McKinney compition for the starting center position.

5.Marviel Underwood S, San Diego State- This is probablythe biggest reach I will make in this mock. Underwood is small at 5'10 and only weights 197 lbs. However, he is one of the best all-around safeties in the draft. Most of the safeties projrcted to go in the 5/6 rounds all have questions on either their speed, coverage skills, or run support. Not Underwood. He is pretty good in coverage, and he is good in run support. He also likes to hit. Plus, he's a 3 year starter. The most impressive thing about him is probably his 4.38 40 time. The only real knock on him besides his size is that sometimes he goes for the big hit instead of the tackle.

6.No Pick

7.Walter Washington QB, Temple- Everybody wants a QB to develop, and here's the ultimate project. Washington has great arm strengh and athleticism, and his fairly hard to take down because of his weight (240 lbs). Washington is also pretty short for a QB (5'11 3/4"), so he might not even be drafted as a QB. Even if he does not end up playing QB in the pros, Washington can play also play WR, and can help Welker on ST. Plus he can give us a guy for the gadget plays (ala Hines Ward or Randel El). Either way, Washington would be a project.

So what do you guys think?

I have no problem w/ this....about the first one I've seen with any thought or real substance behind it. Forget about the 7th round QB though. Saban knows Feeley has talent. If he can't get a guy with the same type of ability to challenge him and to develop he wont draft one (ala Jason Campbell). We already have one project. No sense on wasting a pick on another w/ less chance to develop. I think if the right guy is available we grab him earlier. (unless Saban likes the other guys at 2).

I also am beginning to think #2 isn't the place we want to be. I've seen some talk about exchanging our first for minnesotas #7 and #18. If they really like one of the WRs the may do this. I think all the backs has question marks. Ronnie Brown was a backup (yes he was - he got LESS carries). You have to wonder why. The guy has great measurables but he lacks vision/change of direction. Not worthy of the #2 pick. Williams is a better runner (say all you want about the YPC - Brown got more YPC only senior year and ONLY because he was fresher, and Had the potential to break outside - NFL isn't as forgiving of lack of vision). But Williams is relatively small and has durability questions. Not worthy of #2 pick. Benson is a great football player (the guy I would prefer). However, if what the herald reported last night - that he ran 4.61 and 4.67 then he is step slow, and with the pounding in the NFL he will take we will slow down a little further (see Eddie George). I just don't think he is worth a #2. Braylon Edwards drops WAY TOO MANY EASY PASSES to be elite. Mike Williams might be the best bet - but he has also been out of football for a year. It really depends on what Saban thinks of the Quarterbacks if they are worth it (too difficult to tell from an outsiders perspective - the important issues you can't see on tape ie. how people respond to them. Their leadership, and how the process thoughts quickly/effieciently - you can only see this by spending time w/ them/ going over game film w/ them etc. - although both look solid, accurate, and were productive.)

If we can trade down, we can spread the risk, have our choice of one of the backs, maybe one of the recievers, Barron, or the best defensive player in the draft (whoever that is). Then we also have a mid first. I think this would be ideal because ALL the guys projected as top picks have SOME question mark - unless I'm missing something w/ one of the qbs - in which case lets get our guy!!!!

I like many, would rather trade down. That being said... if we stand pat, I like this mock the best of the ones I have seen so far. Don't know much about Washington though... Would almost rather grabbing a LB or another DB (s or cb) with that spot.

Back
Top Bottom