my first attempt at a mock v2, 1st round only | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my first attempt at a mock v2, 1st round only

aj13

Long time listner, first time caller
Reaction score
lions- matthew stafford

rams- jason smith

chiefs- tyson jackson

seahawks- mark sanchez

browns- aaron curry

bengals- bj raji

raiders- jeremy maclin

jaguars- eugene monroe

packers- brian orakopo

49ers- michael crabtree

bills- andre smith

broncos- robert ayers

redskins- aaron maybin

saints- brian cushing

texans- malcom jenkins

chargers- rey mualuga

jets- josh freeman

broncos- clay matthews

bucs- peria jerry

lions- michael oher

eagles- knoshown moreno

vikings- eben britton

patriots- jaron gilbert

falcons- ziggy hood

dolphins- hakeem nicks

ravens- heywood-bey

colts- chris baker

bills- everette brown

giants- kenny britt

titans- vontae davis

cardinals- chris wells

pittsburgh-alex mack

chicago- patrick chung

cowboys- louis delmas

ayers really isn a 3-4 end
too early for baker and gilbert

how does chicago and cowboys pick right after steelers?

I think Gilbert might sneak into first round. It depends on how draft falls. I predict 2nd but would not be shocked,

Brandon Pettigrew not even in the first round? If he is somehow available at our pick I think we will take him and he def won't get past the Bills.

Brandon Pettigrew not even in the first round? If he is somehow available at our pick I think we will take him and he def won't get past the Bills.

I dont want him. We have bigger needs and I like Cook better later.

i am just indicating the first round picks of each team...chicago and dallas do not own first rounders, so i just put down who they would take with their first...

i do believe i errored in not putting brandon pettigrew in round 1...i will have to see where he would fit...

i do believe ayers is seen as both a 3-4 end and a 4-3 strong side end...however, i could easily do some tweaking between now and the draft...

i really struggled with gilbert and baker, especially the latter...i think gilbert has a slight chance on going to the pats...i think they really want a 3-4 end and nose out of the draft...gilbert was the best 3-4 end, i had rated...

baker has been climbing with his combine numbers...it wouldnt shock me...but it was definetly one of my eyebrow raising moves...i think indy desperately wants an interior defensive lineman...and barring a trade up, will select whoever fits the bill at their spot in the draft...

I dont want him. We have bigger needs and I like Cook better later.

I can't say I know a ton about either player but getting a nice big tight end that is very good at blocking seems like something Parcells and company will want. I just thought that Pettigrew is known to be a good blocker.

I can't say I know a ton about either player but getting a nice big tight end that is a very good at blocking seems like something Parcells and company will want. I just thought that Pettigrew is known to be a good blocker.

He is a good blocker for sure. Some think he could play tackle if he bulkd up. I just think Corner,NTand Wr are bigger needs. Not to mention the incident had last year.

its really tough to say who we pick....

if we go by need...yes, we have a few glaring ones (i.e. wr/cb/olb)...

but more than anything, last years game against the ravens showed we could be bullied on the offensive and defensive side of the ball...we really wore down...

now, as much as parcells loves drafting olb/de, he loves tight ends that can block and catch...bavaro, brady, and to some degree witten...fasano and martin are capable players but if the trifecta is looking at the 25th pick for the bpa, then it could easily be a tight end...and i know im gonna get grilled for this but it could also be rt...i know vernon carey is paid like a rt, but if eben britton slides, he could very well be wearing our colors next year...

Back
Top Bottom