My first ever mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My first ever mock draft

phatmatt

from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan (in Canada)
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at a mock draft ever so please be kind (or not). I would appreciate any comments on it if you can. (Also, it is based on the fact that we trade Surtain for a 2nd rounder).

1st: WR Braylon Edwards or Ronnie Brown: either one should be a stud
2nd: RB Ciatrick Fason or WR Micheal Clayton, Troy Williamson or Matt Jones (assuming one of them slips): all have great potential
3rd: QB Adrian McPherson: cannon arm, speed, athleticism
4th: OL WIlkerson or Incognito: solid linemen
5th: S Mitch Meeuwsen: big time playmaker who ran a slow 40
7th: DT Anthohy Bryant or Albert Means (assuming one slips): big bodies to help our line get younger.

I really don't think this draft would be possible but I think it would be sweet. We would address WR, RB, QB, DT, S and OL

What do you all think?

I personally am not crazy about Jones, or McPherson, but a lot of people would like this.

Oboy said:
I personally am not crazy about Jones, or McPherson, but a lot of people would like this.

What don't you like about Jones? I see him as a cross between Brandon Stokley and Antonio Gates. He's got the height and basketball skills like Gates and the hands and speed of Stokley. Then I think to myself he played QB and has unseen potential as an offensive weapon. A really good creative OC could create some obscene mismatches with him.

Just because we like Jones doesn't mean that he's a sure fire hit. Sure he is tall, fast and supposedly has great hands but he will also be playing a position that he hasn't played since high school (not counting Senior Bowl). I see him as a guy with loads of potential but also a good deal of risk.

i like your sig since it pretty much says exactly what i did in my mock. I'm not so sure about bringing Ricky back though unless it's for trade bait.

I'm not going to blast the mock, but it's probably a little high for Fason. I'd still probably be okay with the pick if we got Edwards first. But Williamson and Clayton won't make it to any pick we get in the 2nd round. But we could look at the Georgia recievers, or Chris Henry ffrom West Virginia in the 2nd. Other than that, I would be happy with that draft.

while Jones is fast he is a long strider meaning he is not quick. he had the speed but not the quickness or agility so at best he will be a TE. he has played qb in college and has never had to block anyone and probably isnt physical enough to block a good lb or de so now at best he is a pass catching te. he has only caught 6 balls in his football career so now we are talking about a project. I think the people who dont like Jones are the people who actually watched the games this year and watched him play. I saw him at least 6 times last yr and his workout was in a no way a projection of how good he will be in the nfl. we are lookign at a project at best in him

Tureo said:
while Jones is fast he is a long strider meaning he is not quick. he had the speed but not the quickness or agility so at best he will be a TE. he has played qb in college and has never had to block anyone and probably isnt physical enough to block a good lb or de so now at best he is a pass catching te. he has only caught 6 balls in his football career so now we are talking about a project. I think the people who dont like Jones are the people who actually watched the games this year and watched him play. I saw him at least 6 times last yr and his workout was in a no way a projection of how good he will be in the nfl. we are lookign at a project at best in him

I agree he's a huge project with high reward and equal risk. I think he'll end up in Pittsburgh with Cowher who loves all these ex QBs with lots of physical ability. I think you might be wrong about him being a TE at best. He can definately be a deep threat on the outside. If you line him at TE and then shift him into the slot...goodnite. No LB is gonna keep up and I don't think any DB will be able to stop him on a consistent basis...he played basketball so he's got good leaping ability to add to his size.

The thing is he is not very athletic he is 6'6 and very bulky he isnt a speedster and will not be a deep threat. I would bet any money that at best he will be a good tight. he wont be a wr because he is not going to out jump anyone and you might say he doesnt have to but he will because he is a long strider who has to run to build up speed. he just doesnt fly right out of the gate so cbs will be right under him the same way college dbs were always right under mike williams at usc and the same way cbs are always right under keyshawn in the nfl. But this is just my opinion. Everyone is so high on this guy when at best he will be a good tight end or a decent wr. I dont think he will be better than larry fitzgerald or braylon edwards, charles rogers.

Tureo said:
The thing is he is not very athletic he is 6'6 and very bulky he isnt a speedster and will not be a deep threat. I would bet any money that at best he will be a good tight. he wont be a wr because he is not going to out jump anyone and you might say he doesnt have to but he will because he is a long strider who has to run to build up speed. he just doesnt fly right out of the gate so cbs will be right under him the same way college dbs were always right under mike williams at usc and the same way cbs are always right under keyshawn in the nfl. But this is just my opinion. Everyone is so high on this guy when at best he will be a good tight end or a decent wr. I dont think he will be better than larry fitzgerald or braylon edwards, charles rogers.

Obviously he isn't going to be better than Rogers, Fitz, or Edwrads in all likelyhood but that's why he's not a top ten pick.

Isn't a speedster? He recorded an official 4.37 at 6'6 and 242lbs!!!!

AGILITY
4.37 in the 40-yard dash … 2.49 20-yard dash … 1.50 10-yard dash … 39½-inch vertical jump … 10-foot-3 broad jump … 33 1/8-inch arm length … 9½-inch hands … Right-handed

That's from NFL.com.

I agree that he is a huge project with a high risk factor but he's got a lot more potential than you seem to think.

Tureo said:

Wrong, he ran one of the fastest ten yard splits of anyone at the combine, he is fast, quick and is a freak.

His size won't allow corners to jam him, and most of them won't be able to run with him.

The Senior Bowl was enough to get a glimpse that this guy will be a real weapon.

Just my opinion... I just do not think he will be that great for our team. He may develop into a superstar. He won't be one this year though... I am not totally against taking either, just not before the 3rd or 4th. Think that is a bit high to take on a guy that is a big project. Yeah I know big risk, big reward... There are just other spots we could use help and in the second there will still be PLENTY of players that will be contributors for any team right away.

Back
Top Bottom