My First Ever Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Ever Mock

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
1 Trade: TB Trades Up W/ Miami, for some extra 2nd, 3rd and who knows what.

DRAFT

1. San Francisco: Alex Smith

2. Tampa Bay: Aaron Rodgers

3. Cleveland: Braylon Edwards

4. Chicago: Cedric Benson

5. Miami: Ronnie Brown

6. Tennessee: Antrel Rolle

7. Minnesota: Mike Williams

8. Arizona: Carlos Rodgers

9. Washington: Erasmus James

10. Detroit: Derrick Johnson

11. Dallas: Shawne Merriman

12. San Diego: Troy Williamson

13. Houston: Alex Barron

14. Carolina: Carnell "Cadillac" Williams

15. Kansas City: Adam "Pac Man" Jones

16. New Orleans: Demarcus Ware

17. Cincinnati: Thomas Davis

18. Minnesota: Marcus Spears

19. St. Louis: Khalif Barnes

20. Dallas: Mark Clayton

21. Jacksonvile: Jamaal Brown

22. Baltimore: Travis Johnson

23. Seattle: Justin Miller

24. Green Bay: David Pollack

25. Denver: Marlin Jackson

26. New York Jets: Fabian Washington (**Pending D. Abraham retiring)

27. Atlanta: Brodney Pool

28. San Diego: Dan Cody

29. Indianapolis: Shawn Cody

30. Pittsburgh: Heath Miller

31. Philadelphia: Matt Jones

32. New England: Channing Crowder

Thoughts?

good except that Dalas or San Diego will take Pac man because Dalas pass defense was horrible last year

I think Erasmus James will be picked in 15-20 range and that Washington will pick Carlos Rodgers because if Arizona doesn't get Rolle they will probably pick Pac-Man. I also think Coyboys will pick Ware at #11 and New Orleans will pick Thomas Davis. I like heath Miller to the Jets and Fabian Washington to the Colts.

Dallas picked up Anthony Henry, and Newman is a solid #2 corner.

I think San Diego is going to grab a D-lineman at 12 then a wideout at 28. IMO Maybe Marcus Spears then Roddy White

I read somewhere Green considers Rodgers a "top-10 pick" and has him ranked above Pac Man.

I like it. I dont think Barnes goes ahead of Brown though. I think St Louis would take Brown instead.

I honestly dont think Tampa Bay would trade up to Number 2 to pick up Rodgers. I think Rodgers might slip to 5. Alex Smith was their guy and I think rather then sacrificing more draft picks later in the day, they'd wait to see if he falls.

I think that if San Fran takes smith (which i also think is a bluff, but for arguments sake...) we pretend we want Edwards. Minnesota deals us their 2 first rounders, picks second, takes Edwards.

From there, its anyones guess.

ALSO

I dont think RB is as big of a priority as everyone thinks. I would guess rather then trade with Tampa, (if Minn doesnt want to trade) we would just take edwards instead at number 2. He fits better with Linehans offense.

Bottom line is, if San Fran takes Alex Smith, i see no reason for us to go to number 5.

Problem is TB wants Alex smith. they know SF is interested in Smith. So they will not trade with us until after SF picks. So if you have SF taking Smith than TB will not trade with us.

godfater21 said:
Problem is TB wants Alex smith. they know SF is interested in Smith. So they will not trade with us until after SF picks. So if you have SF taking Smith than TB will not trade with us.
TB like both, but I think that Smith is definitely their preference.

It's a good mock, very conservative... fills needs and keeps fans happy.

godfater21 said:
http://buccaneers.scout.com/2/371196.html

Smith is the only one Gruden is interested in.

the only statement that would indicate that is (in reference to who would start next year....Griese or Simms)

"Gruden apparently has his eyes elsewhere, such as the University of Utah where quarterback Alex Smith has the Bucs thinking about trading up from their No. 5 slot in Saturday’s draft."

...at which point, he could have his 'eyes locked on Smith' for the apparent reason that everyone has assume for the last month or two that SF would take Rodgers at #1 so TB, naturally, has devoted most of it's QB time to Rodgers....NOT that TB wouldn't be interested in Rodgers as so many people have him going #1 that TB may feel he's worth trading up to the #2 spot.

Benson doesn't go before brown, so if browns go RB, brown will be off the board. I know we all want the trade to happen, and I know we all want brown, but we can't skew our mocks to reflect that..

Back
Top Bottom