My First Half-Round Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Half-Round Mock Draft

fishypete said:
A winning QB in college doesn't mean much....how about one that loses?

Until Ronnie plays by himself a full game and a full season...I'll reserve by judgement on his worth as the 2nd pick in the draft....your correct...I see both Bush and Brown in similar ways.

:sidelol:

your not going to dispute anything else.

:sidelol:

fishypete said:
If Texas stopped Bush for the most part....what chance does Bush have against NFL teams...every week? Young is a winner and he'll bring in sales...thats the smart way to go. Even Manning had problems his first couple season's...and Manning was the most ready QB to come out in a long time.

Jason White was a winner also.

Philter25 said:
Jason White was a winner also.
So was Ken Dorsey and Eric Crouch. Guess who weren't winners. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Matt Hasselbeck, Dante Culpepper, etc. Winning in college doesn't mean that much because the talent disparity from good teams to bad is huge while in the NFL it is very small relatively speaking.

I want Micheal Huff. We need to solidify the secondary more then QB I think.

sports24/7 said:
Again, Bush was not stopped by Texas. But I don't see how an argument that one player can have an off game against a bad defense and then another player has an off game against a good defense makes any sense. It was obvious Bush wasn't on against Texas, but he was still very productive. And just because he split time with another back doesn't mean he is any less of a RB (see Ronnie Brown/ Caddy Williams). But he will get more than 10-12 touches. He may not get more carries, but he'll get a ton of receptions and if it only takes him 10-12 touches to put up big time numbers than of course he is worth it. Besides 10-12 touches is 10-12 more than Young will get this year.

Time will tell which player is the better for the team that selects them. Because they split time....it doesn't give you a real picture of what that player can and can't do...in a full season...perhaps that doesn't have much meaning to you...but I assume it does to many others.

fishypete said:
Time will tell which player is the better for the team that selects them. Because they split time....it doesn't give you a real picture of what that player can and can't do...in a full season...perhaps that doesn't have much meaning to you...but I assume it does to many others.
A productive player is a productive player. Just because there is another talented RB on the team doesn't mean either RB is any less talented. But if you look around the league it is becoming a two-back league. But if you think Reggie Bush is any less talented because he shares carries with White I think you are in the large minority. Reggie Bush is one of the best college RBs ever and could very well go on to be one of the best pro RBs ever as well. I'm not discounting Young, but if you are the Texans and you already have Davind Carr then why on earth would you pass that up?

sports24/7 said:
So was Ken Dorsey and Eric Crouch. Guess who weren't winners. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Matt Hasselbeck, Dante Culpepper, etc. Winning in college doesn't mean that much because the talent disparity from good teams to bad is huge while in the NFL it is very small relatively speaking.

McNabb came from a winning school....so did Peyton, so did Brady and Culpepper....in his own way....Culpepper threw for a 73.6% rating beating Steve Youngs record....he threw for 3690 yds...28 tds and just 7 ints in 403 atts...on a school that one wouldn't say was a stand out. He nearly beat Nebraska, South Carolina and Ol' Miss....remembering that when he played those schools they still had winning records and programs.

sports24/7 said:
A productive player is a productive player. Just because there is another talented RB on the team doesn't mean either RB is any less talented. But if you look around the league it is becoming a two-back league. But if you think Reggie Bush is any less talented because he shares carries with White I think you are in the large minority. Reggie Bush is one of the best college RBs ever and could very well go on to be one of the best pro RBs ever as well. I'm not discounting Young, but if you are the Texans and you already have Davind Carr then why on earth would you pass that up?

Carr can't escape a pass rush....Young can. Carr has had a few years to prove that he's capable of winning....he hasn't....and I don't blame him for all of the problems of the Texans....thats for sure. Young will immediately improve the offense...and he'll greatly improve ticket sales....something Bush won't to any great detail.

fishypete said:
If Texas stopped Bush for the most part....what chance does Bush have against NFL teams...every week? Young is a winner and he'll bring in sales...thats the smart way to go. Even Manning had problems his first couple season's...and Manning was the most ready QB to come out in a long time.

fishypete said:
Come on Nappy....one game doesn't make a season....if that were the case...USC and LSU wouldn't look good either. I've seen every game he's played this season and he's as good as there is playing today in college. Young is a QB...PLAIN AND SIMPLE...some may not like his play....some may....the only issue that matters is does Saban and Mueller....theirs are the only opinion's and votes that matter. GO PHINS!

fishypete said:
You don't judge ANY player by one game.

**sigh**

fishypete said:
Young will immediately improve the offense...and he'll greatly improve ticket sales....something Bush won't to any great detail.

you cant be serious

fishypete said:
A winning QB in college doesn't mean much....how about one that loses?

Until Ronnie plays by himself a full game and a full season...I'll reserve my judgement on his worth as the 2nd pick in the draft....your correct...I see both Bush and Brown in similar ways.
What did Ronnie do in Week 3 vs Carolina?

fishypete said:
I can't see Saban and Mueller taking a QB in the first round knowing that he isn't going to play at least one season. Especially a QB that doesn't come from a winning program...and is sure to have at least a few problems that will need to be corrected.
It would go against everything Saban has said about using picks and the decisons that Mueller has made with QB's, in the past.

Cutler CARRIED the program...that's why they WILL draft him if he's there at #16!

Nappy Roots said:
you cant be serious

I don't see anything wrong with that statement. The Houston folks will get to the game to see Vince Young before they get there to see Reggie Bush...the same as 20% of the people attending Cardinals games at one time were doing so just to see Jake Plummer (hometown hero). And, yes, Vince, especially as a QB, is dynamic enough to have a bigger impact on the offense than Reggie Bush, IMO.

fishypete said:
I can't see Saban and Mueller taking a QB in the first round knowing that he isn't going to play at least one season. Especially a QB that doesn't come from a winning program...and is sure to have at least a few problems that will need to be corrected.
It would go against everything Saban has said about using picks and the decisons that Mueller has made with QB's, in the past.
I disagree. I think the fact that he came from a bad team and still put up those numbers (in the SEC mind you = GOOD defenses) just shows that it was all him and not the players around him.

He single handedly beat UT, and all but beat UF. Some complain about the refs in the UF game (but refs are part of the game) I'd point to some of his receivers. They dropped a LOT of passes in that game. Passes that were placed PERFECTLY on their hands. I am a believer in Cutler. If he is there when we pick (I really don't think he will be) then I'd be estatic that we have a young QB that should be our QB for many years.

Back
Top Bottom