My First Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Mock

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins need a great offseason to start consistently playing with and beating the big boys. Linebacker, wide receiver, safety and nose tackle are the biggest needs.

1. Rolando McClain ILB Ala -- he has Miami Dolphins written all over him. He's big, powerful, versatile and has great intangibles.

2. Mandy Gilyard - WR Cincy -- great run after the catch ability and also returns kicks. Listed as 6-1, but may be just a shade under 6-0. Looks faster than his listed 4.5 time. The Dolphins can't go into 2010 without major changes at wr and Dez Bryant figures to be long gone by the time Miami picks in round 1. Gilyard may go late 1st early 2nd.

3. Danario Alexander - WR Missouri -- Looks like a more aggressive version of Pat Turner, which I think is the one drawback with Turner. Has had some injuries, but pretty smooth for a 6-5 guy. Goes up for the ball nicely.

4. Myron Rolle - S Florida State -- Extremely smart with the talent to be a steal at this point in the draft. Hasn't played since 2006 so making a transition to the NFL may be difficult.

5. traded to KC for Thigpen

6. Jerell Powe NT Ole Miss. -- He's got the size (6-2, 330) and ability. Has a learning disorder which might knock him down a bit. Could go much higher.

6. from KC --- Jameson Kontz TE/HB Kent State -- At 6-3 230 he's a little small, but has great speed.

7. Mickey Shuler TE Penn State -- Another TE prospect. A big undersized at 6-4 247 with listed speed of 4.9.

I think McClain is the best player in college football. Tuna, do whatever it takes to get him!

The Dolphins need a great offseason to start consistently playing with and beating the big boys. Linebacker, wide receiver, safety and nose tackle are the biggest needs.

1. Rolando McClain ILB Ala -- he has Miami Dolphins written all over him. He's big, powerful, versatile and has great intangibles. Solid pick, my #1 too.

2. Mandy Gilyard - WR Cincy -- great run after the catch ability and also returns kicks. Listed as 6-1, but may be just a shade under 6-0. Looks faster than his listed 4.5 time. The Dolphins can't go into 2010 without major changes at wr and Dez Bryant figures to be long gone by the time Miami picks in round 1. Gilyard may go late 1st early 2nd. First off, its Marshawn, not a chick named Mandy... and NO!!, he's to short we need big, tall, athletic #1 type WR's.. We have like 200 wrs under 6 foot already, Cincy doesn't run a pro style offense, so it may take a while for Gilyard to produce.. I do not like this pick.

3. Danario Alexander - WR Missouri -- Looks like a more aggressive version of Pat Turner, which I think is the one drawback with Turner. Has had some injuries, but pretty smooth for a 6-5 guy. Goes up for the ball nicely. I've actually never heard of this kid, i'll keep an eye out... just read a few draft sites, looks like he's projected for round 6-7... so i'm not feeling this 3rd rounder right now

4. Myron Rolle - S Florida State -- Extremely smart with the talent to be a steal at this point in the draft. Hasn't played since 2006 so making a transition to the NFL may be difficult. Lol, I'm a huge noles fan, but a bigger Finfan, You do not want this buck in the secondary.. He's extremely smart and a great leader, but he needs to be a doctor and save the world with his skill..
6. Jerell Powe NT Ole Miss. -- He's got the size (6-2, 330) and ability. Has a learning disorder which might knock him down a bit. Could go much higher. TedGinn ofNT's? I like my old college buddy, Torrell Troup at UCF, he's 6'3, 330 as well, doesn't have a learning disability and has been playing great for us this year.. His stock is on the rise, we might need to grab him in round 4-5

6. from KC --- Jameson Kontz TE/HB Kent State -- At 6-3 230 he's a little small, but has great speed. thats really small
where is round 6 via washington?

7. Mickey Shuler TE Penn State -- Another TE prospect. A big undersized at 6-4 247 with listed speed of 4.9.
we have 2 7th rounders; ours and KC's..

overall I'm not really feeling this mock, not a bad job for a first time, so keep making them and you'll get better, and i'm sure i'll love one of your future ones..

Back
Top Bottom