My first Observation of the Dolphins this season.....On the Sunshine Replay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My first Observation of the Dolphins this season.....On the Sunshine Replay

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
(I am writing this at the beggining of the 4th QTR).......Well, what can I say......

FIEDLER..... looked awful on his throws...he was making good decisions but making ugly throws....If I was Wanny I would start him for another half on our upcoming bears game, just to get him more reps and ready to go....or I would seriously think about putting Lucas as the starter.

LUCAS....this guy has gotten a little better on his accuracy and still has the same strong throwing power as usual....he threw one so hard that Gadsen bobbled it and they took it from him.

R.WILLIAMS.....started off slow, then started to pick it up. (I was begging to think we might be cursed at the RB position) overall he played pretty good....that TD was on a second effort....he should keep it up.

CHAMBERS....looked great, didnt do nothing special, but made alot of catches.

WARD....looks like he is back, making dangerous catches over the middle...I dont recall him dropping anything.

O-LINE....did alright, I got scared when T.Wade went down.....not sure what kind of injury he has. B.Smith was carted off and as I read some post looks like he is out of for the year.

D-LINE....O-Gun,O-Gun,O-Gun,O-Gun,....all over the field, he has really won me over as a fan of his....I saw potential in him last year and I believe he should have played last year, but now after an extra year of learning I belive he is ready to go. JT....is JT....he looked to be a little conservitave as to being afraid Carr would take off on him....He should have tried to tackle him instead of containing him...which he contained him on several sack chances.

Z.THOMAS...looked solid...made some good plays and tackles...nothing to special.

DB's....Well I didnt really like seeing them being burned which they did a couple of times by C.Bradford...one was called back for offensive holding or it would have been a TD....they made solid tackles and I didnt see anyone get passed them with the ball....thier coverage looked to conservitave as opposed to thier normal aggresive coverage that Sam and Pat are use to doing.....Fletchers INT was a ball that was tipped by the reciever and happened to land in his hands, he played average though, not to many mistakes.

SPECAIL TEAMS....SUCK!...we have to do something about our kickoff coverages....poor tackling all over.

OVERALL....Guys, It feels soooooo GOOD to win again (even though its pre-season.) But, lets remember that we played the TEXANS thats right, the expansion team TEXANS, in which they made ALOT of mistakes...this game should have been closer than what the score says. My opinion is we are still not ready to go, there are a FEW things (just a few) that we have to adjust before we go in to the season....let's hope they fix those things and lets hope they are playing like this because its pre-season football.

Questions or comments?....feel free to ask and post....

I thought they did well overall. Considering the emotional game it was for the Texans. They would have liked too made a much better showing than they did. Was a no win for us, win and you beat a nobody, lose you are bums. Ricky was just getting warmed up, and I'll take the short runs when we need them anytime. I thought I was the only one who thought Chans game plans were obvious. All in all, the talent seems there baring injuries too go farther than last season. lol My opinion anyway.

Are you sure about Fiedler? I didn't see the game myself, but everything else I've read has said he looked sharp except for his pick......

QUESTION:: DID MCMICHAEL DO ANYTHING IN THE GAME...or some other TE?

McMichael caught one pass.

As for Fiedler, his numbers were good, but it seemed that the corners were playing way off. The pass downfield to Gadsden was between 2 defenders and The guys calling the game on Tv went "Uh Oh" like it was an interception. For some reason the corners were not playing aggressively. There was also the wild pass down the middle of the field which was picked and at least 5 yards away from Chambers.

The sideline passes seem to hang there forever, but again, the ex-Jet corners were just sitting back and waiting to tackle the receivers,,,not playing the ball.

fiedler:

he did OK, really not all that much. alot of his passes were underthrown or not in stride forcing the receivers to fight the defenders off to prevent ints. fiedler did not do bad but he did not do great, more zip on the ball is definitely necessary and he looks a little indecisive when the pocket copllapses.

At one point Jay hit 8 completes in a row.There were 2 drives that went for touchdowns and there was a nice 2 minute offense that resulted in a field goal. He is still returning from injury. To characterize his performance as awful is inaccurate and unfair. He is not Dan Marino or Joe Montana but he will do a great job in Norvs offense and we will enjoy a great year. The O will be more fun to watch than it's been in a long time. Relax buddy, Jay will get sharper every week. Be a fan and stand behind our Q.B.

By the way I'm 100% with you on O-GUN. All of a sudden I'm not missing Gardner, Mixon or Bromell. With O-GUN, Burnett and D. Bowens we're just fine. As I posted yesterday I want to see Tim Bowens really ramp it up and have a pro bowl year.

Originally posted by jphandal
QUESTION:: DID MCMICHAEL DO ANYTHING IN THE GAME...or some other TE?

McMicheal caught 1 pass only ...I believe they really didnt go to the TE much.

I forgot to mention Jay Williams who is another very good addition IMO. Is our D-Line better now than last year? I think we're going to find out that it is. I like what the Coach has done.

Originally posted by BMarion31
Are you sure about Fiedler? I didn't see the game myself, but everything else I've read has said he looked sharp except for his pick......

Ya im sure...(at least from my point of view)...He was making good decisions but the way he threw the ball was horrible....as a matter of fact I would like to talk about that pick....Im not sure if it was even his fault I think Chambers gave up on the throw, But the throw took a long time to get there.

Fiedler made awful throws?

Originally posted by WCoastFin
(I am writing this at the beggining of the 4th QTR).......Well, what can I say......

FIEDLER..... looked awful on his throws...he was making good decisions but making ugly throws....If I was Wanny I would start him for another half on our upcoming bears game, just to get him more reps and ready to go....or I would seriously think about putting Lucas as the starter.

LUCAS....this guy has gotten a little better on his accuracy and still has the same strong throwing power as usual....he threw one so hard that Gadsen bobbled it and they took it from him.

R.WILLIAMS.....started off slow, then started to pick it up. (I was begging to think we might be cursed at the RB position) overall he played pretty good....that TD was on a second effort....he should keep it up.

CHAMBERS....looked great, didnt do nothing special, but made alot of catches.

WARD....looks like he is back, making dangerous catches over the middle...I dont recall him dropping anything.

O-LINE....did alright, I got scared when T.Wade went down.....not sure what kind of injury he has. B.Smith was carted off and as I read some post looks like he is out of for the year.

D-LINE....O-Gun,O-Gun,O-Gun,O-Gun,....all over the field, he has really won me over as a fan of his....I saw potential in him last year and I believe he should have played last year, but now after an extra year of learning I belive he is ready to go. JT....is JT....he looked to be a little conservitave as to being afraid Carr would take off on him....He should have tried to tackle him instead of containing him...which he contained him on several sack chances.

Z.THOMAS...looked solid...made some good plays and tackles...nothing to special.

DB's....Well I didnt really like seeing them being burned which they did a couple of times by C.Bradford...one was called back for offensive holding or it would have been a TD....they made solid tackles and I didnt see anyone get passed them with the ball....thier coverage looked to conservitave as opposed to thier normal aggresive coverage that Sam and Pat are use to doing.....Fletchers INT was a ball that was tipped by the reciever and happened to land in his hands, he played average though, not to many mistakes.

SPECAIL TEAMS....SUCK!...we have to do something about our kickoff coverages....poor tackling all over.

OVERALL....Guys, It feels soooooo GOOD to win again (even though its pre-season.) But, lets remember that we played the TEXANS thats right, the expansion team TEXANS, in which they made ALOT of mistakes...this game should have been closer than what the score says. My opinion is we are still not ready to go, there are a FEW things (just a few) that we have to adjust before we go in to the season....let's hope they fix those things and lets hope they are playing like this because its pre-season football.

Questions or comments?....feel free to ask and post....

... you mean just one or all of them?

Oliver...

McMichael caught one pass...and I think was defended on 1 or 2 more.

The best news of the game really is that Mark Dixon didnt have too much trouble out there....then again neither did Greg Jerman.

Maybe it is easy to play tackle against a 3-4???

It can be, depending on where the LB's come from. If they come from the middle it can be easier to play T against the 3-4, but if they come from outside you have to make quick decisions as to the guy you take and where to slide and give help.

Did Jerman play against anyone who will mae the NFL? I highly doubt it and they are prob aren't any better than most of the guys he faced at Baylor.

Back
Top Bottom