My First Round Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Round Mock Draft

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
This is without commentary, which will be saved for the official release for the website.

01. 49ers -- Alex Smith, QB, Utah
02. Dolphins -- Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
03. Browns -- Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
04. Bears -- Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
05. Buccaneers -- Cadillac Williams, RB, Auburn
06. Titans -- Antrell Rolle, CB, Miami
07. Vikings -- Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina
08. Cardinals -- Aaron Rodgers, QB, California
09. Redskins -- Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn
10. Lions -- David Pollack, DE, Georgia
11. Cowboys -- DeMarcus Ware, LB, Troy State
12. Chargers -- Mike Williams, WR, USC
13. Texans -- Shawne Merriman, LB, Maryland
14. Panthers -- Pac Man Jones, CB, West Virginia
15. Chiefs -- Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas
16. Saints -- Thomas Davis, S, Georgia
17. Bengals -- Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
18. Vikings -- Brodney Pool, FS, Oklahoma
19. Rams -- Jamal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
20. Cowboys -- Luis Castillo, DT, Northwestern
21. Jaguars -- Alex Barron, OT, Florida State
22. Ravens -- Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
23. Seahawks -- Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
24. Packers -- Odell Thurman, LB, Georgia
25. Redskins -- Jason Campbell, QB, Auburn
26. Raiders -- Daryl Blackstock, LB, Virginia
27. Falcons -- Khlaif Barnes, OT, Washington
28. Chargers -- Travis Johnson, DT, Florida State
29. Colts -- Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska
30. Steelers -- Matt Jones, WR, Arkansas
31. Eagles -- Roddy White, WR, UAB
32. Patriots -- Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan

Thks KB thats the most realistic one ive seen :)

Only one pick matters to me and you nailed it right on the head. I still think the 49ers will go with Rodgers :wink:

I should probably hope they take Smith though so we don't have a chance to grab him.

Looks very familiar... have you been copying ESPN's??? J/k Looks good..... I still want Caddy but very good mock.

I think ESPN hacked into my computer, but they were only able to get the first nine picks I have projected.

Been waiting a long time for this one KB...:)
3 questions: What makes you think Pollack will go that high ? It's one of the first mocks where I've seen DeMarcus Ware be the first LB pick, why do you think he's the better prospect ? Do you really think Bill Parcells will pass on Mike Williams ?
Anyway if this happens the Chiefs (DJ at 15) and Pats (Marlin Jackson at 32) will be doing jumping jacks if this happens. I still think the Bolts cannot leave the draft with arguably the top receiver and DT in the draft :eek:

KB why does everyone assume(atleast most publications and shows like the one on ESPN now) that Spears will be an end in a 3-4? He played primarily the five technique for Coach Saban at LSU, has excellent atheticism and quickness(not great speed though). Whats your assesment of him as it relates to the league?

Pink_Dove said:
Been waiting a long time for this one KB...:)
3 questions: What makes you think Pollack will go that high ? It's one of the first mocks where I've seen DeMarcus Ware be the first LB pick, why do you think he's the better prospect ? Do you really think Bill Parcells will pass on Mike Williams ?
Anyway if this happens the Chiefs (DJ at 15) and Pats (Marlin Jackson at 32) will be doing jumping jacks if this happens. I still think the Bolts cannot leave the draft with arguably the top receiver and DT in the draft :eek:

I think Detroit is very high on Pollack. He's a player that many feel can play down as an end and up as a linebacker. I also think the media has Derrick Johnson rated higher than the scouts do. As they stated on the draft special, when you watch the guy on film, the only thing that impresses is his ability to go sideline to sideline. He doesn't wrap up, and he doesn't take on blockers. He also freelances too much and lacks instincts.

I think DeMarcus Ware goes to the Cowboys because he's exactly the type of player they are looking for.

fins2923 said:
KB why does everyone assume(atleast most publications and shows like the one on ESPN now) that Spears will be an end in a 3-4? He played primarily the five technique for Coach Saban at LSU, has excellent atheticism and quickness(not great speed though). Whats your assesment of him as it relates to the league?

I love his ability. I think he's the second or third best defensive player overall in the draft. Marcus Spears has great instincts for the position, and he has much better speed off the edge than people realize. You will not see this guy fall for the trap block. He plays the run better than any other player in this draft, and he has double digit sack potential. I think he brings the unique ability to play defensive end in the 4-3 and the 3-4, while also being able to play tackle in the 4-3.

Hey KB, why do you think that the Panthers will draft Pac Man for? They already have 3 good young CB's.

KB21 said:
This is without commentary, which will be saved for the official release for the website.

01. 49ers -- Alex Smith, QB, Utah
02. Dolphins -- Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
03. Browns -- Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
04. Bears -- Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
05. Buccaneers -- Cadillac Williams, RB, Auburn
06. Titans -- Antrell Rolle, CB, Miami
07. Vikings -- Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina
08. Cardinals -- Aaron Rodgers, QB, California
09. Redskins -- Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn
10. Lions -- David Pollack, DE, Georgia
11. Cowboys -- DeMarcus Ware, LB, Troy State
12. Chargers -- Mike Williams, WR, USC
13. Texans -- Shawne Merriman, LB, Maryland
14. Panthers -- Pac Man Jones, CB, West Virginia
15. Chiefs -- Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas
16. Saints -- Thomas Davis, S, Georgia
17. Bengals -- Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
18. Vikings -- Brodney Pool, FS, Oklahoma
19. Rams -- Jamal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
20. Cowboys -- Luis Castillo, DT, Northwestern
21. Jaguars -- Alex Barron, OT, Florida State
22. Ravens -- Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
23. Seahawks -- Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
24. Packers -- Odell Thurman, LB, Georgia
25. Redskins -- Jason Campbell, QB, Auburn
26. Raiders -- Daryl Blackstock, LB, Virginia
27. Falcons -- Khlaif Barnes, OT, Washington
28. Chargers -- Travis Johnson, DT, Florida State
29. Colts -- Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska
30. Steelers -- Matt Jones, WR, Arkansas
31. Eagles -- Roddy White, WR, UAB
32. Patriots -- Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan

Brown at 2 is very questionable and not likely as much as Ronnie Brown fans would love it to be. Rolle the #1 CB still. Pollack at 10? Over Shawne Merriman? The worst pick you made was the Panthers. If I have Chris Gamble, Ken Lucas, and Manning Jr. am I really going to still pick a CB? :lol:

Brodney Pool at at 18 is a BIG reach. Sharper is a FS by the way. Doubt he moves to SS and by the way Corey Chavous isn't a bad SS, plus he's signed to a long term deal. What do you suggest the Vikes do to complement Udeze at DE. DE is their only big defensive problem. The Luis Castillo pick is terrible considering that he wasn't that high of a prospect even before his steroid rumor, he was a 1st-2nd rounder. I like Castillo plenty still and believe his use of steroids to heal wasn't a big deal, however any "blemish" hurts draft stock. You must really not like Alex Barron at all. If he was there the Jags would jump to joy though so that makes some sense. Your saying Travis Johnson as a DE in San Diego I assume, and that makes sense to me.

Yeah I'm not so nice... :lol:

PhinDude88 said:
Hey KB, why do you think that the Panthers will draft Pac Man for? They already have 3 good young CB's.

Best available player.

Jaj said:
Brown at 2 is very questionable and not likely as much as Ronnie Brown fans would love it to be. Rolle the #1 CB still. Pollack at 10? Over Shawne Merriman? The worst pick you made was the Panthers. If I have Chris Gamble, Ken Lucas, and Manning Jr. am I really going to still pick a CB? :lol:

Brodney Pool at at 18 is a BIG reach. Sharper is a FS by the way. Doubt he moves to SS and by the way Corey Chavous isn't a bad SS, plus he's signed to a long term deal. What do you suggest the Vikes do to complement Udeze at DE. DE is their only big defensive problem. The Luis Castillo pick is terrible considering that he wasn't that high of a prospect even before his steroid rumor, he was a 1st-2nd rounder. I like Castillo plenty still and believe his use of steroids to heal wasn't a big deal, however any "blemish" hurts draft stock. You must really not like Alex Barron at all. If he was there the Jags would jump to joy though so that makes some sense. Your saying Travis Johnson as a DE in San Diego I assume, and that makes sense to me.

Yeah I'm not so nice... :lol:

Well, you will be surprised on draft day then.

KB21 said:
Best available player.

But dont you think that will be a waste pick for them? I figured that they would go with an OL to improve there OL even more.

Back
Top Bottom