my first rumor ever... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my first rumor ever...

CrunchTime said:
I find it hard to believe that Saban would trade out of the first round this year.With that deal GB gets two first round picks including the No 2 pick this year and we are left without one this year.It sounds like a deal a Packers fan dreamed up.

BTW I think the poster was refering to some comment by a fan on Jason Cole's column.

Thanks.

It is ridiculous to think that we would do this. No way will we trade out of the 1st round entirely. We would need a massive amount of picks.

I might consider that deal if GB through in their 1st round this year on top of that - as well as another day one pick next year.

Da 'Fins said:
When you don't post a link, you are going to be questioned. Where is this? I was just on the Herald site and couldn't find any of this stuff.

Did you just make this up? Evidently so (at least until you can post a link)

I dont know how to post links. Go to Miami Herald.com then to Jason Cole's Q & A forum. And it will be between the 5th and 10th question down on what someone wrote to ask Jason Cole. And all Cole said was that it sounded interesting and that he would look into it. Sorry, thats the best i can do.

Q.
spacer-1.gif

"Word out of Green Bay is Miami and the Packers may have worked out a trade the particulars are Miami's first pick #2 to Green Bay for Green Bays 2 2nd round picks in this years draft 1st round picks in 2006 and 2008 as well as RB Najeh Davenport. If this goes through the Packers will take Utahs QB Alex smith with this pick." source: CBS Sportsline forum. Heard from that? Can you please check if you haven't? Would you make that trade if you were Saban? Thanks Rick, St-Petersburg, FL 4/15/05
A.
spacer-1.gif

I'm going to check it out. Interesting. Jason Cole 4/15/05

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/qa_forum.htm

I don't see it happening and I surprised that Jason even entertained the rumor before checking it out.

finsnchips said:
don't like it... we need their 05 first as well as all that.

I agree......drop the '08 1st rounder and get this years 1st rounder.

Although I wish this will happen, I doubt it will happen though.

What's Davenport's time in the 40.....I remember him being a bruiser, not a speedster.

WvFinFan said:
I was just reading on Miami Heralds Q & A. Word out of Green Bay is that Miami is going to trade their #2 overall to Green Bay so they can take Utah's Alex Smith for Green Bay's 2 2nd rounders this year and their 1st rounder in 2006 and their 1st in 2008 as well as Najeh Davenport. This is the first i have seen about this trade, not sure if its a first for you guys or not and i dont know how true it is at all. Breakdown is like this though:
Miami gets:
Najeh Davenport
GB's 2 2nd rounders in 2005
GB's 1st rounder in 2006
GB's 1st rounder in 2008

Green Bay gets:
#2 overall in 2005

I dont really know if i like it yet or not
I'd never do that trade because since we have a top 5 pick now, we're never going to have that kind of pick for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom