my first rumor ever... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my first rumor ever...

WvFinFan

Starter
Reaction score
I was just reading on Miami Heralds Q & A. Word out of Green Bay is that Miami is going to trade their #2 overall to Green Bay so they can take Utah's Alex Smith for Green Bay's 2 2nd rounders this year and their 1st rounder in 2006 and their 1st in 2008 as well as Najeh Davenport. This is the first i have seen about this trade, not sure if its a first for you guys or not and i dont know how true it is at all. Breakdown is like this though:
Miami gets:
Najeh Davenport
GB's 2 2nd rounders in 2005
GB's 1st rounder in 2006
GB's 1st rounder in 2008

Green Bay gets:
#2 overall in 2005

I dont really know if i like it yet or not

love it. two second rounders can be traded for a first if necessary. Although, I would love to have three second rounders (assuming surtain trade), trading the packers 2006 1st round we acquire for Shaun Alexander, and then drafting away!

I saw this posted before. I like everything about it except for this year. We need to stay in the 1st round this year.

By the way, do you live in northern or southern WV?

Link? I don't see it on the Herald's website. But I seriously doubt it's legit.

I can't imagine the Dolphins trading down out of round 1 entirely. Plus, a first rounder in 2008 isn't all that valuable.

would never happen cus they are locked into this kid. Trust me.

don't like it... we need their 05 first as well as all that.

JCfinfan said:
I saw this posted before. I like everything about it except for this year. We need to stay in the 1st round this year.

By the way, do you live in northern or southern WV?

Northern, really close to Morgantown which is where West Virginia University is.

WvFinFan said:
Northern, really close to Morgantown which is where West Virginia University is.

I'm in the northern panhandle, about an hour and 20 minutes from you and 35 minutes from Pittsburgh. What do you theing of Kay-Jay if he can stay healthy? I like him late.

Hello,

My wife in from Lesage(near Huntington). Any word on Stan Hill or Earl Charles?

I go to a lot of WVU games. He's a heck of a powerfull runner. He is just really up there in age (i think 26) and always has those nagging little injuries. I dont really think he will do much in the NFL. I met him a couple months back though and he is def. a train. Its lookin like he'll get drafted though and i hope he proves me wrong.

JCfinfan said:
I'm in the northern panhandle, about an hour and 20 minutes from you and 35 minutes from Pittsburgh. What do you theing of Kay-Jay if he can stay healthy? I like him late.

where are you at around chester. i am up around salem ohio. :tongue:

WvFinFan said:
I was just reading on Miami Heralds Q & A. Word out of Green Bay is that Miami is going to trade their #2 overall to Green Bay so they can take Utah's Alex Smith for Green Bay's 2 2nd rounders this year and their 1st rounder in 2006 and their 1st in 2008 as well as Najeh Davenport. This is the first i have seen about this trade, not sure if its a first for you guys or not and i dont know how true it is at all. Breakdown is like this though:
Miami gets:
Najeh Davenport
GB's 2 2nd rounders in 2005
GB's 1st rounder in 2006
GB's 1st rounder in 2008

Green Bay gets:
#2 overall in 2005

I dont really know if i like it yet or not

When you don't post a link, you are going to be questioned. Where is this? I was just on the Herald site and couldn't find any of this stuff.

Did you just make this up? Evidently so (at least until you can post a link)

I find it hard to believe that Saban would trade out of the first round this year.With that deal GB gets two first round picks including the No 2 pick this year and we are left without one this year.It sounds like a deal a Packers fan dreamed up.

BTW I think the poster was refering to some comment by a fan on Jason Cole's column.

HelloMotto said:
where are you at around chester. i am up around salem ohio. :tongue:

I'm down a little further in Weirton. Any Fin fans up that way? Sports bars?

There is nothing around here. I used to go to a sports ar in Wheeling to catch the Fins but Direct TV solved that problem.

phunwin said:
Link? I don't see it on the Herald's website. But I seriously doubt it's legit.

I can't imagine the Dolphins trading down out of round 1 entirely. Plus, a first rounder in 2008 isn't all that valuable.

Not only would they be trading out of the first round. They would be trading down to where their first pick is in the 50s. That isn't going to work.

Back
Top Bottom