1. Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio St.
(If Taylor retire’s) Adam Gaines DE Clemson or Quentin Moses DE Georgia
2. Buster Davis LB Florida St. (if gone) H.B. Blades LB Pittsburgh
3. Eric Weddle SS Utah (if gone) Tom Zbikowski SS Notre Dame
4. Aaron Sears LT,RT,G Tennessee
5. (If we get a pick from trade) Tyrone Moss RB Miami U
6. William Gay CB Louisville
7. Tala Esera LT,RT,G Hawaii

Plus: would like to see us trade Ricky Williams for a 2nd pick, Joey Harrington for a 5th and Manny Wright for a 6th, if possible Marty Booker for a 2nd and if this trade could happened Marty, Ricky, and Harrington for Oakland’s 1st and trade Manny to San Francisco for a 5th, then trade the 1st pick for more picks and or for valuable players to fit our needs.
:dolphins:
What do you think?

I think we need to geta rookie Qb, especially if we trade for more picks. I definately reckon we should get 1 or 2 more picks in the draft this year.
HAPPY NEW YEARS FROM AUSTRALIA EVERYONE

I think we need to geta rookie Qb, especially if we trade for more picks. I definately reckon we should get 1 or 2 more picks in the draft this year.
HAPPY NEW YEARS FROM AUSTRALIA EVERYONE

Happy New Year to you aswell, we still got about 45 minutes left here in Miami.

unrealistic in a couple spots

I'll start with the draft.

1-Ginn would be our return man right away, but he does not do well with physicallity. The only ways we'd get him involved in the offense on deep patterns, and bubble screens. Moses would be a reach after his horrible season, and I still think Adams is gone before this pick.

2,3,4-Davis,Sears and Weddle might be available in the 2nd, but none of them will be available in the 3rd or 4th.

FA

Freeney would easily take up most of the cap room we have, and he'll probably be franchised. Allen is a RFA, and KC is not letting him go.

I'd love to see us get Bennett, and I actually think he is a possibility. Moss or TO? Really don't think we need that.

Briggs doesn't fit our system, and will want a lot of money, same with Adalius Thomas and Nate Clement. My ideal situation would be to put all of our stock into getting Thomas (a man who has lined=up ad ILB,OLB,DE,DT,CB,SS,and FS this year), and then either go after Asante Samuel, or Eric Steinbach (OG from Cincy).

I'd say no-go with either Hamlin and Lewis. Hamlin is a FS (same position as Allen and Hill), and there is a reason Lewis was benched in favor of Sean Considine; we'd be better off telling him to put on weight and making him a safety.

Free Agent Wish List

DE-Dwight Freeney - Indianapolis Colts
OR
Jared Allen - Kansas City Chiefs
WR-Drew Bennet - Tennessee (Big if)
Randy Moss or Terrell Owens. If we draft big name WR then none of the above
LB-Lance Briggs - Chicago
OR
Adalius Thomas - Baltimore
CB-Nate Clements - Buffalo
OR
Asaunte Samuel - New England
S-Ken Hamlin - Seattle
OR
Michael Lewis - Philadelphia
Wish Picks For 2007 NFL Draft

Plus: would like to see us trade Ricky Williams for a 2nd pick, Joey Harrington for a 5th and Manny Wright for a 6th, if possible Marty Booker for a 2nd and if this trade could happened Marty, Ricky, and Harrington for Oakland’s 1st and trade Manny to San Francisco for a 5th, then trade the 1st pick for more picks and or for valuable players to fit our needs.
What do you think?

What do I think? I think your trades are so :lol: . Ricky for a 2nd? Booker for a 2nd? I am sure you started drinking already......right? HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wish list:

FA:

Asante Samuel
Adalius Thomas
Eric Steinbach or Max Starks

Darft: Leon Hall or Levi Brown.

I dont know much about mocks but yours seems good.:wink:

i think i got it figured out

Free Agent Wish List

DE-Dwight Freeney - Indianapolis Colts
OR
Jared Allen - Kansas City Chiefs
WR-Drew Bennet - Tennessee (Big if)
Randy Moss or Terrell Owens. If we draft big name WR then none of the above
LB-Lance Briggs - Chicago
OR
Adalius Thomas - Baltimore
CB-Nate Clements - Buffalo
OR
Asaunte Samuel - New England
S-Ken Hamlin - Seattle
OR
Michael Lewis - Philadelphia
Wish Picks For 2007 NFL Draft

What do you think?

i have been thinking about what we need to do for the off season for quite a while. If i was Nick, i would sign a lineman in free agency and several role players. In the draft i would draft a cornerback or DE depending on the best player available at that position. the later rounds i would fill in with lb, lineman and secondary. Then i would pray that DC makes a full recovery. Maybe pick up a late qb. Drafting a lineman #1 usually doesn't make that much of an impact as a defensive player could. There are several good tackles that will be available in free agency. we are in a good position in the draft for a lockdown corner or a playmaker oposite of jason taylor. Yes he will be back along with saban.

Starks is a RT, and will never be a LT.
Starks will be signed by Arizona to protect Leinarts blind side, and Leonard Davis will be let go as they draft Thomas with their #1 pick. I am 100% for a helluva push to sign Davis, as he will be the top FA OT on the market.

Starks will be signed by Arizona to protect Leinarts blind side, and Leonard Davis will be let go as they draft Thomas with their #1 pick. I am 100% for a helluva push to sigh Davis, as he will be the top FA OT on the market.

I think most people view Davis as a guard. He was draft to plat LT, and as played LT, but most people seem to think of him as a guard. Plus, I'm done signing Arizona linemen. Shelton was meh, I'm done.

i have been thinking about what we need to do for the off season for quite a while. If i was Nick, i would sign a lineman in free agency and several role players. In the draft i would draft a cornerback or DE depending on the best player available at that position. the later rounds i would fill in with lb, lineman and secondary. Then i would pray that DC makes a full recovery. Maybe pick up a late qb. Drafting a lineman #1 usually doesn't make that much of an impact as a defensive player could. There are several good tackles that will be available in free agency. we are in a good position in the draft for a lockdown corner or a playmaker oposite of jason taylor. Yes he will be back along with saban.
Yeah but if Nick stays, he's in it for the long haul obviously... as I've posted repeatedly, EVERY ONE of this years tackles in the pro bowl are 1st round picks. If you want a guy to anchor the LT position for years, you MUST draft him the 1st rd...

I think most people view Davis as a guard. He was draft to plat LT, and as played LT, but most people seem to think of him as a guard. Plus, I'm done signing Arizona linemen. Shelton was meh, I'm done.

Not true. I've read many sites and so-called experts who consider Davis as AZ's #1 priority to re-sign as the LT. He is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over McIntosh at LT, and AZ's only possible pro bowl OL guy. Remember that Walter Jones didn't make the pro bowl for many years, and now is an annual pick as 1 of the best LT's in the NFL... not to mention picked at a similar spot in the draft as Davis. If you want a pro bowl offensive tackle, he MUST be a 1st rd pick. I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, this year 100% of the pro bowl guys were picked in the 1st rd... O tackles are almost always 1st rd picks. Davis needs the right situation is all, and if we get him he'll be our clear top O lineman... since our right side of the O line seems set, I think Davis along with an O lineman somewhere in rd 1 thru 3 sets us up on O line for years.

I'm not disagreeing with ya, but I'd rather have a guy we drafted be our LT.

That's why I want to either a)give Alabi a shot next year b)draft Joe Staley or Aaron Sears in round 2 or c)get either Long or Baker next year.

Back
Top Bottom