My friends that are Jets fans think... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My friends that are Jets fans think...

Our 2020 record against the Jets

• 2-0

Votes: 72 55.8%
  • 1-1

Votes: 57 44.2%
  • 0-2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I remember the Bills never beat us in the 70's . That was a streak

Yes sir. Mightly impressive.

From 10/18/1970 through 10/14/1979, MIA's record against BUF was 20-0.

If you go back a tad further after BUF won the 1st three games ever played, the Dolphins were 23-1-1 from 11/26/1967 through 10/14/1979.

If you extend out even a bit further, the Dolphins were 34-4-1 from 11/26/1967 through 11/16/1986.

The Dolphins also had a long HOME winning streak against the Patriots during that same time frame.
From 12/06/1970 through 12/16/1985, the Pats couldn't buy a W in South Florida. They lost 16 consecutive.

That's what made the upset in the 1986 AFC title game even more disheartening. Because they hadn't won at the Orange Bowl since 1969.

I think our defense is going to surprise some people. The new additions on paper would give one a very hopeful feeling. I'm not sure we've done enough to turn our pass rushing woes around but I think we'll stop the run way better then last season. The defensive backfield has some stars and some talented, speedy youngsters a couple that we'll keep from last season. We've got some speed on defense which is an upgrade from last year. We're going to have a very solid DT rotation so like I said we'll be far better against the run. We'll have to see how we hold up against the better running teams in the NFL before we know how much better. Flo went nuts when we landed the massive DT from Alabama, Davis. It seemed to me like this was a guy he targeted personally!! As long as he isn't Daryl Gardner, a huge underachiever the kid will be a stud. Dolphin football is going to be a blast this year, I really do see good things. I see a 9 win team and maybe a playoff berth. We'll be a tough out, especially at home.

Wait. Why do you have Jets fans friends? I mean. That's like a Schindler's list jew yucking it up with Eichman over a couple glasses of Schnapps. Oh that Adolf, he's such a card!

Last I recall, our 5-11 Dolphins of 2019, with a heavy waiver wire and practice squad roster no less, were 1 play away from sweeping the New York Jests.

I wonder what has changed between now and then to make any rational football fan believe the Jests are suddenly the better team.

Did the Jests dominate MIA in free agency and/or the draft? No.

At worst for MIA, it was a draw.

From my POV, if the Jests were lucky to win 1 of 2 against the roster MIA fielded in 2019, how on earth are they gonna perform better than that when Flores now has a much stronger team?

Riddle me that.
Dolphins and Jets just always play hard against each other. Adam might have them ready he will get adderalled up shoe them demonic eyes and herion looking body I hate he feels he has to look like he a hungry werewolf

Dolphins and Jets just always play hard against each other. Adam might have them ready he will get adderalled up shoe them demonic eyes and herion looking body I hate he feels he has to look like he a hungry werewolf

Like him or love him (I don't) Gase always had his team play well 2-3 games a year. Won't surprise me if Miami is one of those games.

I think our defense is going to surprise some people. The new additions on paper would give one a very hopeful feeling. I'm not sure we've done enough to turn our pass rushing woes around but I think we'll stop the run way better then last season. The defensive backfield has some stars and some talented, speedy youngsters a couple that we'll keep from last season. We've got some speed on defense which is an upgrade from last year. We're going to have a very solid DT rotation so like I said we'll be far better against the run. We'll have to see how we hold up against the better running teams in the NFL before we know how much better. Flo went nuts when we landed the massive DT from Alabama, Davis. It seemed to me like this was a guy he targeted personally!! As long as he isn't Daryl Gardner, a huge underachiever the kid will be a stud. Dolphin football is going to be a blast this year, I really do see good things. I see a 9 win team and maybe a playoff berth. We'll be a tough out, especially at home.
I agree with what you said. What's really going to be telling is how long it will take this new team to gel. I can certainly see it taking half a season and then finishing the year stronger than last year. I'm seriously considering getting the Sunday Ticket this season.

And I liked Daryl Gardener. I even have a 92 jersey from 1996. Too bad his back just kept giving out. That's what did in his career, but when he was healthy, he and Tim Bowens were a formidable duo. Just ask Zach Thomas and Trace Armstrong.

One thing I have to say about Jets fans: their passion is off the charts. They know full well that there team will find new and innovative ways to blow the game, especially when the game is big, and yet, each week, they keep coming back for more.

No one is better than at going off the deep end after a loss is Joe Beningo. Exhibit A:

Traditionally the Jets games have always been the hardest to pick, regardless of the record. Usually we split and many times the worst of the 2 teams sweep. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom