My Guess, We Get Fitzmagic For 4 Weeks. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Guess, We Get Fitzmagic For 4 Weeks.

It would make a lot of sense to ease Rosen into the job, rather than just throw him in there. We'll see how training camp goes. remembering back to Tanehill's first camp, the plan had obviously been to follow a similar path with Gerard starting and the Ryan taking over, but Gerard got injured and Tanny had to start.

I think Rosen will out perform Fitzmagic in camp but the sensible thing would be to hold him back, we'll see, training camp is going to be fun.

The way Fitz play he could probably win those first 4 games before he hits his slump, but then we start Rosen after that knowing it's all fixing to come crashing back down to earth with Fitz. =)

It would make a lot of sense to ease Rosen into the job, rather than just throw him in there. We'll see how training camp goes. remembering back to Tanehill's first camp, the plan had obviously been to follow a similar path with Gerard starting and the Ryan taking over, but Gerard got injured and Tanny had to start.

I think Rosen will out perform Fitzmagic in camp but the sensible thing would be to hold him back, we'll see, training camp is going to be fun.

Rosen is in year 2 and we have to find out what we have, why is the sensible thing to hold him back?

ChosenRosen starts week 6 after the bye. Those first 4 weeks are arguably the toughest stretch of the season..

1-BAL
2-NE
3-@DAL
4-LAC
Bye

This is what I think will happen.
I'd like him to earn the job outta the gate, but don't think that'll happen.
What I don't want is him handed the job.

If he isn't ready, or hurt, sure.

But if he knows the offense (well enough) and we think we can protect him, Rosen starts game 1.

Rosen is in year 2 and we have to find out what we have, why is the sensible thing to hold him back?

Because this a new team, a new coaching staff, an inexperienced and unproven line. All of this will need time to gel, put in an experienced QB like Fitz first to iron out the wrinkles , then when we know what we have introduce Rosen. The alternative of throwing him into the mix along with all this uncertainty may ruin him before we've had a chance to assess him.

I'm hoping to get tickets to the Cowboys game. It will be the first time I've ever been able to go to a Dolphins game. I really don't want to waste that moment watching the Ewok. I'd rather have the thrill of watching a guy that might give some home to the future.

Posted before that for the first several games I'd like Rosen standing with O'Shea on the sidelines watching his play calls, asking the reasons, discussing the results, etc

if Josh rosen can't beat out Ryan fitzpatrick for starter then we won't have to worry about being out of position for Tua.

The reason I want to role with Rosen right away is because we need to see him as much as we can. Let's not make Ryan fitzpatrick a thing, we know what he is and it's nothing we are going to regret sitting

Back
Top Bottom