My Guess, We Get Fitzmagic For 4 Weeks. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Guess, We Get Fitzmagic For 4 Weeks.

Because he could very well be the team's future, so you give him the best chance to succeed.
He's NOT a rookie. If he's ready, as far as grasp of the offensive scheme, play him. By all accounts (even those of his detractors), he is intelligent, so that shouldn't be an issue.

You, sometimes, sit a rookie to avoid having his confidence needlessly shaken. That ship has sailed in this case. He's already taken his lumps, and paid his dues, IMO, and it doesn't appear to have made him "gun shy", in the least.

If he's not ready, because of lack of understanding the O, that's a different story.

ChosenRosen starts week 6 after the bye. Those first 4 weeks are arguably the toughest stretch of the season..

1-BAL
2-NE
3-@DAL
4-LAC
Bye

Rosen would have to look just awful to not start week 1. They acquired him to see him in these types of games, not shield him from it.

Because he could very well be the team's future, so you give him the best chance to succeed.

And Sam Darnold and Josh Allen played from the get go last season and they were true rookies. So there is no reason not to start Josh Rosen from the get go here either.

This is what I think will happen.
I'd like him to earn the job outta the gate, but don't think that'll happen.
What I don't want is him handed the job.

I couldn't disagree more. First of all, he WILL beat out Ryan Fitzpatrick because if he doesn't, he isn't the answer. Secondly, you need as many games as possible to decide whether to go all in on a QB in the 2020 draft or not. They're not trying to win games at all costs this year and Fitzmagic is clearly not the future. So you can call it "handing him" the job but they acquired him to play him week 1.

Rosen would have to look just awful to not start week 1. They acquired him to see him in these types of games, not shield him from it.

Bingo! It's not like he would be able to avoid these type of games forever. There is no need to coddle him. If he can't handle these type of games then he probably shouldn't be a starting QB in this league to begin with.

Last edited:
He's NOT a rookie. If he's ready, as far as grasp of the offensive scheme, play him. By all accounts (even those of his detractors), he is intelligent, so that shouldn't be an issue.

You, sometimes, sit a rookie to avoid having his confidence needlessly shaken. That ship has sailed in this case. He's already taken his lumps, and paid his dues, IMO, and it doesn't appear to have made him "gun shy", in the least.

If he's not ready, because of lack of understanding the O, that's a different story.

So you think he's gonna master the supposed hardest O in the league for a QB in preseason?

I think so many are missing the "hitch" he developed in AZ that's gotta be !!! eradicated
for any chance of NFL success... So (IMO) peeps have gotta stop pretending he's some kind of
finished product that's USDA certified ready to rock!

No reason to fear practice + preparation + proving before we have a high degree of confidence
unless you're "secretly" hoping for failure... It's a PROCESS and just because AZ screwed the pooch
we don't have to do the same. The 2019 season if for development. Not contending or pretending.

So you think he's gonna master the supposed hardest O in the league for a QB in preseason?

I think so many are missing the "hitch" he developed in AZ that's gotta be !!! eradicated
for any chance of NFL success... So (IMO) peeps have gotta stop pretending he's some kind of

No reason to fear practice + preparation + proving before we have a high degree of confidence
unless you're "secretly" hoping for failure... It's a PROCESS and just because AZ screwed the pooch
we don't have to do the same. The 2019 season if for development. Not contending or pretending.
While that may be true. We are gonna have to have an answer on Rosen when this season is concluded. Is he or isn't he. If he isn't the man for the franchise job. Draft a guy in the first. The idea should be play Rosen as much as possible and get a good look

Rosen is in year 2 and we have to find out what we have, why is the sensible thing to hold him back?

Because it’s a new system and he’s still an inexperienced QB. Was on the worst team in the league last year. I agree, ease him in. No sense throwing him out there where he gets hammered discouraged, and the pressure of fans and media calling for him to win when they’re not going to with or without Rosen. Let’s get into the season far enough where the record reflects how bad they are. When Rosen is more confident with the system, put him in to see what he can do. If they play better then there’s promise. If not then, Everyone knows they have to draft a QB early.

I think no sooner than week 6 and no later than week 9.

While that may be true. We are gonna have to have an answer on Rosen when this season is concluded. Is he or isn't he. If he isn't the man for the franchise job. Draft a guy in the first. The idea should be play Rosen as much as possible and get a good look

So you don't believe practice provides viable training + evaluation?

FYI it used to be the primary method coaches used to change starters.

No reason why (IMO) we rush Rosen on the field game day.

ZERO.

Other than some hungry fans can't wait.

I expect that he'll start out of the gate in the regular season. I think it will be close between he and Fitz...if it's close you go with Rosen to get as much game speed evaluation as possible.

Totally serious...

Maybe just me but never been a fan of premature ejaculation.

IMO Rosen needs some serious foreplay before he's ready to come

in as a game day starter. Let's take some time baby and make it last.

Building a narrative. If Rosen doesn't start game 1, Flores 'knows' he's not the answer. Can't even beat out RF

Wow! Now that's a pretty definitive, absolute, deterministic "opinion."

Perhaps it's just me -- but I don't believe anyone here can make such decisions
unless you're coach Flo in disguise?

Grier seems to be the one making the decisions and hes been fairly transparent during the course of the offseason. It doesn't seem like hes trying to hide anything. The model to follow is that of the Chiefs, Seahawks, Cowboys, Browns, and Rams.....utilizing that short window while a QB is on the rookie deal.

I am assuming a base level of intelligence which to be fair hasn't been prevalent around this franchise for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom