my humble, little preview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my humble, little preview

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
Dolphins Offense
Dolphins must establish the run game. The #7 ranked running O must establish the run against the #24 ranked running defense. While Spriggs done a good job so far the return of Dixon should provide a spark to open some holes for Ricky to get him back on his 4 + yards/carry average he has had in the beginning of the season.
I am looking for Norv to open up the playbook of running games and to use Edwards and Minor more often in relief for Ricky and to change the pace of the game.

I expect Ray to have a good game. A game in which he does not turn the ball over. While his arm may provide us with a deep threat (I still fail to see that it is more of a threat than with Jay) he also must learn to do the little things right. Dolphins O is a ball control offense which wants to dictate the time of possesion. To do that you have to be able to throw the short and medium passes well and with touch. If he becomes a QB who avoids the turnovers and can move on from one play (good or bad) than we may have our efficient high scoring O back. Before the Bills game we scored an average of 30 points per game.

Dolphins D
Expect to see more rushes. We won't see the all out blitzes, Bates is to conservative for that, but you will see an aggressive D as we have seen in the last 3 games in which we shut down offenses which featured QBs like Bledsoe, Brady and Griese and RBs like Smith, Henry, Gary, Portis and Anderson.
One of the things I've seen this year is that we may allow yardages but stiffen up when it comes to scoring. With the exception of the KC game, our defense is futile in the redzone. But then again, how many teams have a TE named Gonzales.
With Favre may be healthy but very hesitant due to his knee injury, I see GB running more than in recent games and us putting the heat on Favre in obvious passing situations.

Special Teams
The good play of special teams will continue and it will only be a matter of time until Minor breaks one. Mare is not allowed to kick under 30 yards anymore....LOL....just kidding.

I foresee another Denver like game which will come down to whoever has the last kick.

Dolphins 24 (dolphins have the last kick)
Packers 21

Stats

Offense (Dolphins) vs Defense (Packers)
Rushing Yards/game - 141.1 (7th) vs 124.9 (24th)
Passing Yards/game - 200.1 (21st) vs 195.3 (9th)
Total Yards/game - 341.3 (12th) vs 320.1 (13th)
Scoring per game - 27.1 (7th) vs 22.0 (19th)

Defense (Dolphins) vs Offense (Packers)
Rushing Yards/game - 93.5 (5th) vs 124.3 (12th)
Passing Yards/game - 231.9 (22nd) vs 244.6 (6th)
Total Yards/game - 325.0 (16th) vs 368.9 (7th)
Scoring per game - 20.4 (11th) vs 29.0 (3rd)

Intangibles
Lambeau Field; Favre record in cold temperature; Dolphins 9-1 vs Green Bay; Dolphins 9-4 after bye-week; Dolphins league high 36 wins on Monday night;

Game Day Ready/Motivator
Since taking over as the Dolphins coach, Dave Wannstedt has had his team rebound after losses with wins 8 times (out of ten) with wins averaging 12.1 points in difference. Only two times (2000 - TB/Indy and 2001 - SF/NE) have the Dolphins had a two game losing streak. Under Wannstedt the Dolphins never lost 3 games in a row.

Compare the seasons
- In 2000 the Dolphins came back from a defeat to a division rival to defeat the Packers.
- In both seasons under Dave Wannstedt the Fins started 5-2 and moved on to 6-2 in ther 8th game of the season.
- Dave Wannstedt's lead Dolphins are 1-1 entering the bye week and 1-1 coming out of the bye -week.
- In 2000 the Dolphins won 22-13 against Buffalo going into the bye-week and lost 37-40 in NY against the Jets coming out of the bye-week and in 2001 the Dolphins lost 17-21 in NY against the Jets entering the bye-week and won 24-20 at Seattle coming out of the bye week.
- Under Wannstedt, the Dolphins are 1-1 (41-6 Indy; 37-40 Jets) in Monday night games but 0-1 in Monday night away games (37-40 Jets).

I think that Ray will be more willing to pull the ball down and run with it instead of trying to force a pass in there this time.

very solid - I have nothing to add :hail:

Originally posted by HofCityFan
I think that Ray will be more willing to pull the ball down and run with it instead of trying to force a pass in there this time.

He has to. He has to realize that he can't and he won't win the starting job so all that 'look what I can do' is obsolete anyways.
If ya' can't throw (nobody open etc)...run...darned.

Back
Top Bottom