My Initial Offseason Plans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Initial Offseason Plans

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Seems like Gase and Grier will be running the show, I'm not saying that's the right call but so with that I'll start my prospective revamp:

1. Bowles @ DC- Known to be an aggressive, attacking, coordinator who can come in day one knowing how to call a game and utilize talent. Blitzes a lot and knows what needs to be done in order to do that. We give him talent in the secondary, some up and coming linebacker talent in Baker and Raekwon, hopefully Wake gets retained, and an offseason to acquire more help overall (Boundary corner, DT, Olb)

2. A committment to investing in the trenches- Both lines need help bad. On offense, we need to either re-sign Jame or find a replacement, and pretty much a whole new stable of guards and centers. Tunsil is a lock so at least we have that. On defense, we also have some dilemmas: Are we re-upping on Wake, and retaining Branch/Quinn? Also Spence is a FA. IMO I would keep the same passrushers and invest in some high talent tackles. Scheme and lack of beef up the middle killed us, we need some pluggers to tie up blockers for our speed guys.

3. Realizing we have playmakers a RB. We need to become a power run/playaction based team. There is no excuse for why Drake was so under-utilized this year. Gore was great for us this year, and even Ballage and Bolden made plays. So many times we got cute on 3rd downs that killed momentum on countless drives, when all we needed to do was run up the gut. Running keeps the chains moving, QB clean, defense fresh, and wears out the other team.

4. Find a QB that can make improv plays. You can scheme all you want but sometimes the DC calls a better play, and you need to have a QB that can make something out of nothing. Tannehill is a robotic statue that cannot make a big play when things get heated. I've been clamoring already for Tyrod Taylor, because he knows at least to scramble when his pocket is collapsing and can throw it deep. A more risky player would be Fitzpatrick, but hell the bucs early in the year were incredibly entertaining. Also, need to start scouting and taking more risks in the draft @ QB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom