My Interview With Oronde Gadsden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Interview With Oronde Gadsden

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
Well folks, it took FOREVER for him to get with me on this, but he did call, and I finally have our interview. Here we go...

87- Hey Oronde, hows the shoulder?

O.G. It's getting there, just rehabbing it.

87- Still only lifting 8lbs?

O.G.- Not even that really. (Laughs)

87- I have some questions that the fans wrote in, so let's just get to those. These are almost a month old, so I will try and make some of them relevant.

O.G.- O.k.

87- What do you think of Chris Chambers, and is anyone concerned that his ankle is taking so long to heal?

O.G.- Chris is going to be one of the best receivers in the NFL, and I am very proud to be working with him. His ankle, I don't think anyone is overly concerned with it. I mean obviously there is concern over any injury, but he will be fine.

87- Is he running or doing anything yet?

O.G- No not yet.

87- How do you feel the offense will improve with the acquisition of Ricky Williams, Norv Turner, possibly Chris Carter, and others? Do you feel it will take some pressure off of you as a receiver and are you looking forward to blocking for Ricky?

O.G- Well, umm, yea, Ricky is a great back, and it is going to make things easier out there on us. The defense won't be able to double team the wide receivers as much, and we should catch more balls. Norv Turner wants to score, I mean, that is what he is out there for, and things are going to be good.

87- How are your toes? Do they get any better over the off-season, or do they stay pretty much the same?

O.G.- They stay the same. it's arthritis, so really some days I wake up and they feel fine, other days it's hard to walk. The bad thing is, some of those days are Sundays, and it's tough to get through sometimes.

87- In your opinion, who are the toughest corners to face off against?

O.G.- um...Sam Madison, and Charles Woodson.

87- Fin fans around the country are very excited about this up and coming season, how do the players feel about the lack of attendance in the past?

O.G.- Geez, we feel horrible about it. I mean there is nothing we can do, but it kind of...I mean it's tough cause we live in Miami. There is just so much to do around here. If we lived in Buffalo, or New England where it's cold, and there is not much else to do but watch football, then things might be different. I think once we win the Super Bowl, then you might see things change.

87- Great, so next year should be good then (laughs)

O.G.- Yea (laughs)

87- Do you still feel you have something to prove? Or do you feel you have accomplished most goals

O.G.- Oh no, I always have something to prove. I still don't get the respect I think I deserve, or maybe I don't want to think I do. You always have to have your critics to push you.

87- How is the health status of our O-lineman (M. Dixon, M. Spriggs and B. Smith)?

O.G.- Well Brent (Smith) has been cleared (to practice) so he is back out there doing everything. I think he just needs some reps, but he is fine. The other two, um, Dixon is still rehabbing, and Spriggs too. they haven't been cleared yet I don't think. It's almost been a year for Spriggs, and I think they will both be ready by Training Camp I am sure.

87- What type of pass defense do you prefer to play against, man or zone? Whichever you choose can you tell us why?

O.G.- Man. If I was faster then I guess I would like zone more.

87- Do you feel that you've been unfairly pigeonholed as a possession receiver when your career YPC is a very healthy 14.4 in what is not a pass-oriented offense?

O.G- Naw, you know being a deep threat is nice, but you are who you are. Besides, everyone wants to be the possesion receiver. (laughs)

87- At draft time you see the teams all focusing on the larger football programs. Is coming from a smaller school as much of a hindrance as it appears to be from a fans perspective?

O.G.- Yes, coming out of a small school, you really get shafted.

87- Do the players hate the Bills and Jets as much as the fans do?

O.G.- (laughs) Yea. Not really, I mean we don't hate the individules, but we sure don't like being beaten by the same team 8 straight times.

87-I bet Zach actually does hate the Jets.(laughs)

O.G.- Yea, well Zach might...(laughs)

87-Ok Oronde, I appreciate your time, and that's all I have for you bro.

O.G- No problem.

This is something you usually look for in...

Originally posted by BigDoug
Gaz, what part of Surrey are you from? My wife's from Crawley (West Sussex)

Dolphans unite (non-Dolphans are not banned to my knowledge). Aldershot/Farnham, which is about 30 miles west of Crawley.

Thanks, mate!...I thought you were gonna say Dorking lol. ;-)

We have a train station in Hamilton, Ontario named after your town (Aldershot)

Gaz, unfortunately no. We were trying to work it out where we would advertise their site on the main Fin Heaven page, in exchange for these interviews every so often.

I was going to simply e mail him the questions, and have him e mail me the answers. This way it would be easy and simple.

However I sent him the questions over a month ago, and I tried to be as patient as possible, but questions are time sensitive, and if it is going to take this long to get them answered...well I think you can see the problem.

We are going to keep advertising Original Gear on our "links" page, and I am going to probably ask A.J. to add his banner to the top of these forums as well. But I don't want to bother Oronde any further, and it was only causing hard feelings when we weren't getting answers.

I love Gadsden, the guy has been one of my favorite players since he became a Dolphin, and this whole thing really took the luster off of my admiration for the guy. He was really cool to me on the phone, but at the end, I found myself disappointed in the fact that it was so hard to do.

To be quite honest, I am a little sad. When you put forth so much time, money, and energy into helping develop a site just about the Miami Dolphins, and the player interaction is so non exsistent, it just kills the joy for me.

I guess the reality is, these guys make huge money, playing a game, that we pay for. None of them could ever accomadate all of the fans, so it's a no win situation.

I still love the Dolphins, but I am becoming more and more jaded as to why I get so worked up about the players I "love" so much. I think my days of being a loyal fan of any one player are about over until one of them actually does something to deserve my personal loyalty.

Sorry this is so long, I just kind of needed to "let it out" so to speak.

Well, thanks for the effort you put in...

Originally posted by dolfan87

To be quite honest, I am a little sad. When you put forth so much time, money, and energy into helping develop a site just about the Miami Dolphins, and the player interaction is so non exsistent, it just kills the joy for me.

I'm sure the rest of the Finheaven crew appreciate your efforts, even if the players don't.

I know they do Gaz, and I shouldn't have said "kills the joy" but it just brings me into a reality I suppose.

The friends we make here are the best part of this site. You guys make it all worth while for sure. ;)

87- How are your toes? Do they get any better over the off-season, or do they stay pretty much the same?

O.G.- They stay the same. it's arthritis, so really some days I wake up and they feel fine, other days it's hard to walk. The bad thing is, some of those days are Sundays, and it's tough to get through sometimes.

My toes hurt too. Really bad.

"O.G.- Geez, we feel horrible about it. I mean there is nothing we can do, but it kind of...I mean it's tough cause we live in Miami. There is just so much to do around here. If we lived in Buffalo, or New England where it's cold, and there is not much else to do but watch football, then things might be different. I think once we win the Super Bowl, then you might see things change."

Good interview but I feel this comment by gadsen is a little stupid because there are many things to do up here in the winter that we can't do in the summer(Ski, snowboard, ice skate, sled,etc)

what football fan in there right mind is gonna go ice-skating????? hahah just kidding.

Let's not forget tho, you guys don't exactly sell every game out either.

I can understand why the players get a little jaded and guarded tho. One minute the fans love them and the next minute they hate them. Not an excuse, I know, but still........

Anyway, great interview 87.

THATHURMANATOR, when it is freezing cold outside, there is just so much ice skating, and snowboarding you can do. Football becomes a big part of peoples lives up north, and I don't blame them.

I live in Arizona, and when it gets 120 degrees, there is just so much jet skiing and swimming I can stand. I look so forward to pre-season, and the start of the real games, because I am pent up in the house or working in the heat all the time.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Great interview 87!
ditto

When you get discovered by NFL Today you won't forget old Finheaven.com ; and you'll get Dan on board, too ;) :D

too bad he made no comment on Carter that would have been interesting...

No suprised players have no interest in doing anything their agents do not setup or something that will get great publicity for charities. Maybe we can get a guy like Ray Green or Troy Andrew on - not that they are anybodies favorite player.

It is real tough to have a favorite player these days, I can say it is Zach, but I honestly only care about the team since Zach c/b on another next year in this crazy league

Back
Top Bottom