My Madden off-season (it can work) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Madden off-season (it can work)

No1Phinatic

Starter
Reaction score
Don't say "step away from the madden" I already told you this is what I did in madden but I think it would work for real.

RESIGN Pennington,Ferguson,JT
NOT RESIGN Jones
NO TENDER Sheets,Sperry,Baker,Walden
RELEASE OR TRADE Thigpen,Cobbs,Camarillo,Alama-Francis,Ayodele,Torbor,
Porter,Gibson

SIGN UFAs
TE Randy MCMichael (He's back! and he fits nicely between Fasano and Haynos in depth chart)
LB Karlos Dansby (The big one)
CB Brian Williams (Kinda a big one too but he's actually #4 on depth chart)

TRADE 2nd RP for WR Boldin (golden opportunity to get the guy, we got enough kids with promise already (Dez Bryant) so they must pony up what it takes to get a veteran #1)

DRAFT
1-DT Dan Williams
3-FS Major Wright
4-DT Cam Thomas
6-LB Lamar Chaney
6-OG Shawn Lavauo
6-LB Phillip Dillard
7-LB Justin Cole
7-HB Stafon Jonson

I know absolutely nothing about most of these guys but these are the rounds cbssportsline has them predicted to go in. Of course in madden they were not selected in that order, Wright was a 1st, Williams a 4th etc.

Anyway I just think it is realistic and would work and I hope they follow something similar. The 6-7 rds are full of LBs, not so much quality at DT past Rd 4. So I say pass on McClain and get two potential future NT out of the first 3 picks.

Just played 1st PS game and Dan Williams had two sacks (2nd half against 2nd team but still not bad for 1st time out I think) Boldin caught 2 from Henne for 58 yds. Stafon Johnson just missed taking a screen pass to the house as 3rd down back against starters. I am encouraged. Think it could work for real?

Don't say "step away from the madden" I already told you this is what I did in madden but I think it would work for real.

RESIGN Pennington,Ferguson,JT
NOT RESIGN Jones
NO TENDER Sheets,Sperry,Baker,Walden
RELEASE OR TRADE Thigpen,Cobbs,Camarillo,Alama-Francis,Ayodele,Torbor,
Porter,Gibson

SIGN UFAs
TE Randy MCMichael (He's back! and he fits nicely between Fasano and Haynos in depth chart)
LB Karlos Dansby (The big one)
CB Brian Williams (Kinda a big one too but he's actually #4 on depth chart)

TRADE 2nd RP for WR Boldin (golden opportunity to get the guy, we got enough kids with promise already (Dez Bryant) so they must pony up what it takes to get a veteran #1)

DRAFT
1-DT Dan Williams
3-FS Major Wright
4-DT Cam Thomas
6-LB Lamar Chaney
6-OG Shawn Lavauo
6-LB Phillip Dillard
7-LB Justin Cole
7-HB Stafon Jonson

I know absolutely nothing about most of these guys but these are the rounds cbssportsline has them predicted to go in. Of course in madden they were not selected in that order, Wright was a 1st, Williams a 4th etc.

Anyway I just think it is realistic and would work and I hope they follow something similar. The 6-7 rds are full of LBs, not so much quality at DT past Rd 4. So I say pass on McClain and get two potential future NT out of the first 3 picks.

Just played 1st PS game and Dan Williams had two sacks (2nd half against 2nd team but still not bad for 1st time out I think) Boldin caught 2 from Henne for 58 yds. Stafon Johnson just missed taking a screen pass to the house as 3rd down back against starters. I am encouraged. Think it could work for real?

4 TD's in only three seasons as a St. Louis Ram, no thanks. He had pass catching issues here, and I'm certain those issues still remain. However, I do like the late round selection of Stafon Johnson.

It's not bad at all but the NT thing doesn't work at all. We don't need 4 NT's.

Probably want to trade Soliai if you draft Dan Williams, and you would probably be better off drafting your other NT in the 6th or 7th; a guy you could hide on the PS until Ferguson retires. Cam Thomas could be the 3rd on the roster but that will hurt you on ST's.

One more thing. I don't think we will throw Baker away. He has shown a lot of promise.
Illama-Francis is also an intiguing prospect at DE. He has already beefed up to 290 and may weigh in close to 300 by camp. He is a gifted athlete. Remember, he was a 2nd round choice for a reason. Maybe the 5-technique is the right position for him.

I'd trade Merling and Soliai. They both have good value IMO.

I really like the idea of bringing back the old veterans. One more year and I think this team will be scary deep, but I think we could really still use them this year.

Wouldn't be worth it to take Cam Thomas if we took Dan Williams. I also really don't believe Cam Thomas will be available in round 4.

You had good offseason but will we need so many DT's with a 3-4 Defense?

Back
Top Bottom