My Mock Draft Reflecting A Move to a Hybrid 3-4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock Draft Reflecting A Move to a Hybrid 3-4

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
I'm going to try and give a mock draft that reflects a switch to a 3-4 or atleast a hybrid 3-4. It's not my preference as there are too many needs to be able to pick Aaron Rodgers, however it'll give us something to discuss... It assumes a 2nd rounder from the Chiefs. It includes signing Kevin Carter or another large defensive end and safety in FA. It also has a trade of Zgonina for a 5th rounder to the Rams and a trade of Konrad to the Broncos for a 6th rounder.

1- No trade down partner found, Miami takes Cadillac Williams/Cedric Benson/Ronnie Brown and yes that is in my order of preference...

Cadillac Williams RB Auburn

2- We just miss out on Ernest Shazor and instead take Brodney Pool to compete for a starting spot at FS.

Brodney Pool FS Oklahoma

3- The Fins need to get a defensive lineman around here as Castillo probably was taken in round 2. Hopefully Chris Canty will check out with his injury history. He's 6-6, 290 yet has good quickness. Quality 3-4 RDE.

Chris Canty DE Virgina

4- The Fins now turn to their need for a good MLB to backup Zach and Seau in a 3-4. Pope simply is too small, and will only get a chance when the team will be playing in its 4-3 set. They select Adam Seward who I had a couple chances to watch in college. He's got good size, is smart, and gets to the ball very well. A perfect ILB or even large MLB. His speed is not bad, and in a 3-4 won't be a weakness. He's faster than guys like Ted Johnson and Tedy Bruchsi.

Adam Seward
MLB UNLV

5- The Dolphins take a QB here to groom. Gino Guidugli fits the bill well.

Gino Guidugli QB Cincinnati

5- Miami misses out on Anthony Bryant at NT, but takes Albert Means who's probably a little slower but has a little better base than Bryant. He can atleast provide good depth.

Albert Means Memphis DT/NT

6- The Fins still have some major questions at OLB depth for their 3-4 set, but they could alsouse a project at WR, can take a dime corner, or can simply take an blue-collar offensive lineman at center. The best option at this point would be to take an OLB/DE. Goddard has good speed, and is very fast at the line. He would be a good project as a 3-4 DE.

Jonathan Goddard DE Marshall

6- Miami now can take that WR, that dime corner, or inside lineman. They choose to take the inside lineman. They take Justin Geisinger who played against top competition in college and who's other OL players did not allow him to show that he is a good prospect for G or RT in the NFL.

Justin Geisinger OT/OG Vanderbilt

7- This seventh rounder is a great question. I suppose the best available prospect is always taken around here. If I had to guess I'd say it's going to end up being a cornerback. The Fins take Abraham Elimimian from Hawaii. He has decent size, but not the top speed you look for. However he is physical enough, and smart enough to succeed as a nickel or dime corner. The Pats don't exactly have the most talented cornerbacks in the league either.

Abraham Elimimian CB Hawaii

I feel this draft is good as it takes care of two major needs at the top of the draft and provides young depth that can eventually start from the middle rounds and onward. The good thing is that all of these players are useable in systems other than a 3-4. Chris Canty can play LDE in a 4-3 scheme. Seward is a good MLB as Saban likes big LBs. Albert Means can give depth to Chester and Bowens. Goodard can play defensive end for us in obvious passing situations and also fits the bill of a large LB. He's a underrated prospect who with good coaching could really make an impact. One of those guys you've never heard of like Jarod Allen and Carlos Hall who come up with plenty of sacks in their rookie year. Elimimian fills our need for a smart dime corner who could make a play or two for us.

Enjoy...

Jaj said:
I'm going to try and give a mock draft that reflects a switch to a 3-4 or atleast a hybrid 3-4. It's not my preference as there are too many needs to be able to pick Aaron Rodgers, however it'll give us something to discuss... It assumes a 2nd rounder from the Chiefs. It includes signing Kevin Carter or another large defensive end and safety in FA. It also has a trade of Zgonina for a 5th rounder to the Rams and a trade of Konrad to the Broncos for a 6th rounder.

1- No trade down partner found, Miami takes Cadillac Williams/Cedric Benson/Ronnie Brown and yes that is in my order of preference...

Cadillac Williams RB Auburn

2- We just miss out on Ernest Shazor and instead take Brodney Pool to compete for a starting spot at FS.

Brodney Pool FS Oklahoma

3- The Fins need to get a defensive lineman around here as Castillo probably was taken in round 2. Hopefully Chris Canty will check out with his injury history. He's 6-6, 290 yet has good quickness. Quality 3-4 RDE.

Chris Canty DE Virgina

4- The Fins now turn to their need for a good MLB to backup Zach and Seau in a 3-4. Pope simply is too small, and will only get a chance when the team will be playing in its 4-3 set. They select Adam Seward who I had a couple chances to watch in college. He's got good size, is smart, and gets to the ball very well. A perfect ILB or even large MLB. His speed is not bad, and in a 3-4 won't be a weakness. He's faster than guys like Ted Johnson and Tedy Bruchsi.

Adam Seward
MLB UNLV

5- The Dolphins take a QB here to groom. Gino Guidugli fits the bill well.

Gino Guidugli QB Cincinnati

5- Miami misses out on Anthony Bryant at NT, but takes Albert Means who's probably a little slower but has a little better base than Bryant. He can atleast provide good depth.

Albert Means Memphis DT/NT

6- The Fins still have some major questions at OLB depth for their 3-4 set, but they could alsouse a project at WR, can take a dime corner, or can simply take an blue-collar offensive lineman at center. The best option at this point would be to take an OLB/DE. Goddard has good speed, and is very fast at the line. He would be a good project as a 3-4 DE.

Jonathan Goddard DE Marshall

6- Miami now can take that WR, that dime corner, or inside lineman. They choose to take the inside lineman. They take Justin Geisinger who played against top competition in college and who's other OL players did not allow him to show that he is a good prospect for G or RT in the NFL.

Justin Geisinger OT/OG Vanderbilt

7- This seventh rounder is a great question. I suppose the best available prospect is always taken around here. If I had to guess I'd say it's going to end up being a cornerback. The Fins take Abraham Elimimian from Hawaii. He has decent size, but not the top speed you look for. However he is physical enough, and smart enough to succeed as a nickel or dime corner. The Pats don't exactly have the most talented cornerbacks in the league either.

Abraham Elimimian CB Hawaii

I feel this draft is good as it takes care of two major needs at the top of the draft and provides young depth that can eventually start from the middle rounds and onward. The good thing is that all of these players are useable in systems other than a 3-4. Chris Canty can play LDE in a 4-3 scheme. Seward is a good MLB as Saban likes big LBs. Albert Means can give depth to Chester and Bowens. Goodard can play defensive end for us in obvious passing situations and also fits the bill of a large LB. He's a underrated prospect who with good coaching could really make an impact. One of those guys you've never heard of like Jarod Allen and Carlos Hall who come up with plenty of sacks in their rookie year. Elimimian fills our need for a smart dime corner who could make a play or two for us.

Enjoy...

I'd see if Petitti or Britt is available since Geisinger seems like more of a guard.

I really doubt those guys are available in the sixth round, but you never know. Tony Pape dropped from a 3rd to 4th rounder to a 7th rounder last year.

I ythought you woud Pick Bryant for DT/NT? and what about DJ in the 1st round

Back
Top Bottom