My Mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock draft

musphinzfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1)Oakland selects Jamarcus Russell QB...Al Davis loves this guy along with every other nfl team.
2)Detroit selects Brady Quinn QB...Kitna isnt getting any younger and needs a young QB to groom asap.
3)Cleveland selects Calvin Johnson WR...Joe Thomas looks inviting here but Clavin and Braylan make a sweet duo.
4)TB selects Alan branch DT....Booger was traded last year and they need a DT badly,Branch fits the bill.
5)Zona selects Joe Thomas LT...Davis is a FA and a LT is needed.
6)Washington selects Gaines Adams DE...with absolutely almost zero pass rush for the skins Adams is needed badly.
7)Minny selects Dwayne Jarret WR...Troy Who?Travis Who?.
8)Houston selects Justin Blaylock G...Houstons o-line isnt very good buyt just got better with the best guard in the draft.
9)Miami Dolphins select Sidney Rice WR...With no speed on offense Miami takes the best WR available who could very well be the 2nd best behind CJ.

Now the rest of the Miami draft.

2nd round Miami selects CB Marcus McCauley6-1 205-SPEED SPEED SPEED
3rd round Miami selects Mkristo Bruce DE-6-6 260 high motor and not to talked about.
4th round Miami selects Brian Smith LB-6-4 230-Depth at LB is needed and hes a cheap quality pick.
6th round Miami selects Chase Johnson LT 6-8 325-Houck has got a mountain of a project and for him to fall to the 6th is great.
7th Round Miami selects Enoka Lucas c6-4 300.

There are some reaches but when its all said and done they look fine.

The premium positions in the 1st round are LT, QB, CB and OLB/DE. I don't see the Dolphins drafting a WR so early but its also too early to say which players will be available in the draft.

That being said, I'd take an offer to trade down if that offer is adequate if no top-tier QB is available.

I say trade down, and he or macheam will be a casualty of the 1st round hype and would be available in the 2nd rd when we pick (ie like C. Jackson last year)

Sidney Rice is not a Top 10 talent. He may fall to our #39 pick, so if he's there, it will be interesting. Though if we haven't picked a quarterback and offensive tackle, I would like to look there too.

If the dolphins go offense with the 9th pick i hope its OL and unless joe thomas free falls to the 9 spot i dont see there being a guy worth drafting in that spot, i think the aging defense is more of a concern than the offense

I dont understand why everyone keeps wanting Defense in the draft. For the last 5 years thats almost all we've taken in the high round picks. We need to draft some young offensive players, QB, LT, C, etc...

I hope we can get an offensive minded coach that will do this, and get defense through FA. Our offense is offensive and we need to step it up somehow. And Im tired of acquiring other peoples problems example, Cpep.

If the dolphins go offense with the 9th pick i hope its OL and unless joe thomas free falls to the 9 spot i dont see there being a guy worth drafting in that spot, i think the aging defense is more of a concern than the offense

Your right. Which is logically why we might go for a WR, because it might be the BPA at that point. Im not against defense either though.

Hey that ageing Defense is still gonna be there next year !

The Offense was a joke this year and Huzenga wants that fixed Pronto! We will go Offense is the 1st round

Joe Thomas will be long gone but Dwaynne Jarettt is rediculus he could help this team right away.

No offense but Blaylock at 8 is beyond rediculous, I stopped there. I dont need to see anymore. At 8 that reach would be worse than the Bills reaching for Whitner and McCargo combined. I dont think you will see him go any higher than middle to late first.

No offense but Blaylock at 8 is beyond rediculous, I stopped there. I dont need to see anymore. At 8 that reach would be worse than the Bills reaching for Whitner and McCargo combined. I dont think you will see him go any higher than middle to late first.

Especially since he's projected as a G in the NFL. And Rice may be a steal as 2nd rounder, not worth it at #9 at this point but certainly worth 15 or later. He'll have to have some monster workouts to go top 10.

Also, if McCauley puts up numbers at his workouts like he is supposed to, he will be taken in the first round, especially considering how weak this CB class appears to be.

sidney rice will be a 1st round pick and will not fall past 20. but he is not a top 10 pick imo. and the comment about us needing speed on off does not line up here. rice is a slow wr who makes plays with his size. in fact, he was so slow coming out of high school that clemson did not even offer him a scholarship.

I dont understand why everyone keeps wanting Defense in the draft. For the last 5 years thats almost all we've taken in the high round picks. We need to draft some young offensive players, QB, LT, C, etc...

I hope we can get an offensive minded coach that will do this, and get defense through FA. Our offense is offensive and we need to step it up somehow. And Im tired of acquiring other peoples problems example, Cpep.

It's not that everybody wants defense, it's that we are picking at #9. At that point most of the top defensive talent is available and the top QB's and LT's aren't. Most people think best player available (BPA) and weigh it against their position needs. We have both offensive and defensive needs so BPA at #9 will be defense heavy and lighter on offense. You're right we need offense but in round 1 at #9 there will be better talent available on defense than offense.

The premium positions in the 1st round are LT, QB, CB and OLB/DE. I don't see the Dolphins drafting a WR so early but its also too early to say which players will be available in the draft.

That being said, I'd take an offer to trade down if that offer is adequate if no top-tier QB is available.

finally, someone is saying it right...."take an offer" to trade down "if that offer is adequate".

we can't get screwed on this one...we need an impact player, so we need to be careful when considering any trade downs.

Back
Top Bottom