My mock...no frills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My mock...no frills

Jimmy James said:
:yeahthat:

If we could get Elton Brown in the second, I would be shocked in the best way. Barring that, I would like a center like Baas in the 3rd.
You really think the number 1 rated center in the draft isn't going until the thrd round?

Not bad, I could see a few changes :)

Ronnie Brown RB 6' 233 4.4
Adam Terry OT 6'8" 330 5.31 ------ WR here, maybe Roddy White.
Andrew Walter QB 6'6" 233 4.9
Josh Davis WR 6' 191 4.5 -------- DT here.
Johnathon Jackson OLB 6'2" 235 4.6
Junior Rosegreen S Auburn S 5'10" 189

OR

Luis Castillo DT
Courtney Roby WR

Either or not bad at all.

I like it. Brown's the main player that I want in the draft.

By "like Baas", I don't necessarily mean him. At the same time, I have seen others saying he could fall. Honestly, any player *can* fall when you get that far in the draft.

Gitrdone said:
Not bad, I could see a few changes :)

Adam Terry OT 6'8" 330 5.31 ------ WR here, maybe Roddy White.
Josh Davis WR 6' 191 4.5 -------- DT here.

OR

Luis Castillo DT
Courtney Roby WR

Either or not bad at all.

I like Courtney Roby too.....I'm afraid Castillo is a bad fit for our future defense but, I like the fact that he's a killer on the field. I could be happy if Saban chose him.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
not bad, I still feel Saban will trade down somehow. If not he will take Edwards to show teams he can't be messed with, and get a good player to boot!
This is how I see the Dolphins thinking also...
Trading down will probably be open until the last possible second when the Phins are on the clock..

Marino1983

Saban's post draft press conference:

"Even though we thought that Alex Smith might one day develop into a great QB, we think that the most important aspect of drafting a player in any round but, especially with such a high pick, is to get a player that can contribute immediately. you don't want to pay a bunch of money to a top 5 draft pick to sit on the bench and ultimately we think that Ronnie Brown is the player that's going to make us a better team from the moment he steps on the field.

Adam Terry is a monster who has excellent athleticism and he's extremely smart. What he lacks is strength and bulk we think is easily adressed...Becuase he's got the will to improve. We have an excellent strength program in place to work with him to acheive his maximum potential, which we feel is quite high. We'll throw Adam in the mix at LT. We think he's going to be a good one.

We were thrilled to get Andrew Walter in the third. We've felt all along that he would have been rated much higher in this draft if he hadn't gotten an injury in his senior season and we don't think that there could have been a better value for the pick. we want to adress the QB position anytime we can and we felt like this was an opportunity we couldn't pass up. Don't ask me about the depth chart or anything like that, I haven't even worked with the team yet and I don't have any answers for you at this time.

Josh Davis is just one of those guys that always gets open. He's one of the most polished route runners to come out of the draft this year. What he lacks in size and speed he more than makes up for with great hands and great instincts for finding the open spot.

Johnathon Jackson is one of those guys that just plays football. He always seems to be around the ball and he never quits on a play. We are projecting him as a rush LBer and a special teams demon until he has more experience playing LBer, and then we hope he can become a starter for us.

Junior...hehe....what can I say about Junior except that he's a guy you want on your team. he's going to give a 110% effort on every play and he loves this game. You guys will enjoy watching him play.

Questions?
:cooldude:

not bad, i like josh davis though i think he could be a steal... im not even gonna try a mock though, too many trade possibilities... i just think there will DEFINATELY be some kinda trade involving the dolphins... thats all i'll predict

I love this draft. I like Rosegreen, Brown, Terry, Walter -- good work.

I don't think Brown is worth it at #2. He hasn't proved anything except that he can do well at a workout in shorts and a tee shirt. If we can put together a good line any runningback is going to look good behind it.

arsenal said:
not bad, i like josh davis though i think he could be a steal... im not even gonna try a mock though, too many trade possibilities... i just think there will DEFINATELY be some kinda trade involving the dolphins... thats all i'll predict
that's why I went "no frills"....this is the best I could project without going into all the trade scenarios....who's got time for that? :confused2

inFINSible said:
Last year I predicted Derrick Pope in the 7th round....I also had Tony Bua in my original draft but dropped him to take Michael Boulware and move him to safety ....believe it or not...
I had a better feel of the type of player that RS was looking for last year....this year, I'm pretty much as clueless as anybody else but I did have two or three things I was looking for.... anyway, these are what I've come up with after reading hundreds of draft profiles...

Adam Terry OT 6'8" 330 5.31
Josh Davis WR 6' 191 4.5

Take it for what it's worth....squat.

:cooldude:

I would not be upset with this draft. Nice work inFin.

MARINO1384 said:
I don't think Brown is worth it at #2. He hasn't proved anything except that he can do well at a workout in shorts and a tee shirt. If we can put together a good line any runningback is going to look good behind it.

He did well when he was the only runningback at Auburn when Caddy got hurt. He has proved that he is good blocking and that he is a good reciever.

With my limited college football knowledge Ronnie Brown looks like the BPA and BAA in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom