My mock...no frills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My mock...no frills

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Last year I predicted Derrick Pope in the 7th round....I also had Tony Bua in my original draft but dropped him to take Michael Boulware and move him to safety ....believe it or not...
I had a better feel of the type of player that RS was looking for last year....this year, I'm pretty much as clueless as anybody else but I did have two or three things I was looking for.... anyway, these are what I've come up with after reading hundreds of draft profiles...

Ronnie Brown RB 6' 233 4.4
Adam Terry OT 6'8" 330 5.31
Andrew Walter QB 6'6" 233 4.9
Josh Davis WR 6' 191 4.5
Johnathon Jackson OLB 6'2" 235 4.6
Junior Rosegreen S Auburn S 5'10" 189

Take it for what it's worth....squat.

:cooldude:

why adam terry, I thought he was prejected as a better RT than LT, and we have McDougle at RT

not bad, I still feel Saban will trade down somehow. If not he will take Edwards to show teams he can't be messed with, and get a good player to boot!

PHINSfan said:
why adam terry, I thought he was prejected as a better RT than LT, and we have McDougle at RT
Strengths: Has exceptional height and an ideal frame. Has long arms and a terrific wingspan. Has very good mobility and athleticism for such a tall OT. Slides well laterally and plays with good balance. Shows excellent body control. Has decent speed for his size. Above average initial quickness for his size. Does a good job of firing out of his stance low in the running game and also has a quick set in pass pro. Is a very good athlete for the position. He does an excellent job in terms of his hand placement in pass pro. He shows good awareness and does a fine job of bending at his knees and maintaining his balance. Is a technician that can get position and wall off in the running game. He runs extremely well for a lineman his height and he actually is a mobile and fluid second-level run blocker. He has been a durable player throughout his career and is also an intelligent player that picks things up quickly.

Weaknesses: Still has much room for improvement when it comes to strength and lower-body mass. He has a great frame but he is too lean and lacks a base. If he improves his strength he can become elite in pass pro. He does not have a good anchor versus the bull rush. He gets pushed back into the pocket too often when facing powerful straight-line pass rushers. He is efficient in the running game but doesn't overpower defenders.

Overall: Terry played in four games as a backup left tackle in his true freshman season in 2000 before taking over as the fulltime starter at left tackle for the Orange in 2001. He was a fulltime starter at that position from that point on and he finished with 34-consecutive starts to his credit. Terry still needs to improve his bulk and strength but his stock is skyrocketing following an impressive senior season. His technique is improved, he has the frame to get bigger and, most importantly, he is a very good athlete for a player with his frame. Terry may need time to develop physically but his upside as a potential starting left tackle in the NFL makes him an attractive second round prospect.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
not bad, I still feel Saban will trade down somehow. If not he will take Edwards to show teams he can't be messed with, and get a good player to boot!
I'd love to get Caddy if we trade down.

I don't like Adam Terry, he's soft. We can get our franchise left tackle next year. I'd rather take David Baas or Elton Brown if we go O-line.

How bout Antajj Hawthorne? He's a massive two-gap DT, who could play nose tackle in our 3-4 sets. Of course, he tested positive for marijuana, so that's obviously a concern. He's very talented though.

i like the adam terry pick, i saw mcpherson over walter but its still good

LIQUID24 said:
I don't like Adam Terry, he's soft. We can get our franchise left tackle next year. I'd rather take David Baas or Elton Brown if we go O-line.

:yeahthat:

If we could get Elton Brown in the second, I would be shocked in the best way. Barring that, I would like a center like Baas in the 3rd.

my mock

1stround- Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
2ndround- Mike Patterson DT USC
3rdround- Sean Considine, S, Iowa
4thround- Ben Wilkerson C LSU
5thround- Maurice Clarett RB, Ohio State
7thround- Reynaldo Hill CB Florida

I like your mock draft infins. very realistic

What about the "ceiling" draft: trade down with Minnesota, take Caddy, Matt Jones, McPhearson, and Wilkerson.

Sure, they could all bust (except Caddy, I think he's pretty safe) but they could all be top talents at their position.

LIQUID24 said:

How bout Antajj Hawthorne? He's a massive two-gap DT, who could play nose tackle in our 3-4 sets. Of course, he tested positive for marijuana, so that's obviously a concern. He's very talented though.
I don't think Baas makes it to 46 and I don't think Brown at guard is a need and questions about his inconsistency and laziness are big red flags in my personal evaluation.

Same with Hawthorne...takes plays off....inconsistent motor.

IMO, of course.

infiltrateib said:
What about the "ceiling" draft: trade down with Minnesota, take Caddy, Matt Jones, McPhearson, and Wilkerson.

Sure, they could all bust (except Caddy, I think he's pretty safe) but they could all be top talents at their position.
Talk about a cross your fingers draft! But, you're right the pay-off could be huge...

However, for a first year coach, that's a huge gamble of a draft, I'd be extremely surprised if he did it.

Back
Top Bottom