My Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
alright this is my first mock ever so please bear with me. If feel that we're gonna go for the defensive side of the ball early and try to find some good steals for teh offense later on.

1st round- Chad Greenway OLB
Great size and speed combo for a LB and much needed youth in the LB core all together. Is a perfect fit for OLB and could solidify our core for years to come.

2nd round- Spencer Havner LB/ Manny Lawson DE/OLB
i wouldnt be surprised to see Saban taking 2 Linebackers with his first two picks. our Lb core is like this Zach, Junior, Channing, Eddie Moore, Pope, Spragan, Glenn. Juniors gone, Moore is gonna be on IR before offseason, Spragan is a good backup/filler, pope great on special teams and good back up, and glenn possibly gone. If Havner is already selected Lawson would be a good pick for the 3-4 OLB spot ( what JT is doing)

3rd round- Omar Jacobs QB
A QB that is smart and one that will take time to develop. A project for Saban and crew to work on. Has good size and from what i hear, good pocket awareness.

4th round- Reggie Mcneal QB/WR
Draft him and convert him to a WR. he is so fast and evasive i can see him being an X-factor for our team. this would be the Randle el for Mularkey to work with.

7th Montavious Stanley DT- we need another Dt with Zgnonia possibly on the way out. This is a good place to possibly find a gem. Montavious is big and strong and could fight for a roster spot.

7th- Ed Hinkel WR- tall skinny reciever that seems to catch everything. i dont know which round he's projected to be in so i put him here. also shows good speed. I can see him becoming like an Ed Mcafferey type possession WR. Booker MIGHT be on the way out so this would be a smart draft pick.

7th- Insert CB here. I dont know of any CBs ranked in the 7th round but i think we would look at the position for this pick

please feel free to comment

I think we could use an LB or two as well, but not in round 1 or round 2.....we have bigger needs right now at QB, D-back and our O-line...but I do like the guys you mentioned.

i really think saban is going to focus on the offense in FA. with possible signings of TO and maybe Hutch or Bentley i think we only need a few pieces to be better. We could have a line up for the OL like this: Alabi, Hutch, Rex, Mcintosh, and Carey and a WR corps of CC, TO, welker, and a rookie like Hinkel. We are fairly young on offense compared to the defense and since saban being a defensive coach, i see him taking as much youth as he can to form his own force

Im just not an Omar Jacobs fan. Thats the only pick Id have a problem with. id sooner see Reggie McNeal line up as Qb and I dont think hes a real good Qb prospect either

Personally id rather have Richard Marshall in the 2nd and Whitehurst in the 3rd maybe the 4th if we go OL like Colledge. After that, BPA in the 7th

I can't see us taking LB's with our top 2 picks and then 2 QB's in a row too.I know you wanna make him a WR but if we want a WR then lets draft one instead of trying to make one.

Ozzy rules!!

There is no way we go thru this Draft and not draft a DB whether its a Corner or a Safety. That and we will draft someone on O-Line to groom and add depth.

NoblePhin said:
alright this is my first mock ever so please bear with me. If feel that we're gonna go for the defensive side of the ball early and try to find some good steals for teh offense later on.

1st round- Chad Greenway OLB
Great size and speed combo for a LB and much needed youth in the LB core all together. Is a perfect fit for OLB and could solidify our core for years to come.

He has said himself that he cant play in the 3-4 system. He admited that at the senior bowl. I dont know what you would do for him. He is a Weak side OLB if he is in it so JT is strong side.

2nd round- Spencer Havner LB/ Manny Lawson DE/OLB
i wouldnt be surprised to see Saban taking 2 Linebackers with his first two picks. our Lb core is like this Zach, Junior, Channing, Eddie Moore, Pope, Spragan, Glenn. Juniors gone, Moore is gonna be on IR before offseason, Spragan is a good backup/filler, pope great on special teams and good back up, and glenn possibly gone. If Havner is already selected Lawson would be a good pick for the 3-4 OLB spot ( what JT is doing)

No way Lawson is still there. He is an absolute steal if he is. Havner is most likely gone too Seattle really likes him and needs an OLB

3rd round- Omar Jacobs QB
A QB that is smart and one that will take time to develop. A project for Saban and crew to work on. Has good size and from what i hear, good pocket awareness.

dont like him much and rather have croyle but if croyle is gone sure he can be a project for 2-3 years

4th round- Reggie Mcneal QB/WR
Draft him and convert him to a WR. he is so fast and evasive i can see him being an X-factor for our team. this would be the Randle el for Mularkey to work with.

I dont like it. We have bigger needs at Safety, our secondary is crap (to put up bluntly sorry). We need a Safety or CB and this a deep draft for both of them. A guard would be useful too to replace Rex (our new center)

7th Montavious Stanley DT- we need another Dt with Zgnonia possibly on the way out. This is a good place to possibly find a gem. Montavious is big and strong and could fight for a roster spot.

7th- Ed Hinkel WR- tall skinny reciever that seems to catch everything. i dont know which round he's projected to be in so i put him here. also shows good speed. I can see him becoming like an Ed Mcafferey type possession WR. Booker MIGHT be on the way out so this would be a smart draft pick.

7th- Insert CB here. I dont know of any CBs ranked in the 7th round but i think we would look at the position for this pick

please feel free to comment

above is my two cents

Lawson is a 1st rounder. I don't want Jacobs at all, even at that the 3rd is to early. The McNeal pick is a waste.

SpeedRush99 said:
Lawson is a 1st rounder. I don't want Jacobs at all, even at that the 3rd is to early. The McNeal pick is a waste.

Agree about Reggie McNeal being a waste pick. I think McNeal has alot better chance of being a Qb than alot of other running Qb's in this Draft. I also thinks he wants to play QB

motioncityhifi said:
Personally id rather have Richard Marshall in the 2nd and Whitehurst in the 3rd maybe the 4th if we go OL like Colledge. After that, BPA in the 7th

i actually wouldnt mind that if thats how it went down. now that i look back at my mock i understand some of u about the mcneal pick. maybe an OT in the 4th. but for some reason, if he wer to convert to wr, i see mcneal really shining in our system now that we have mularkey

Back
Top Bottom