My New Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My New Mock Draft

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I am going to do 2 different Mocks. 1 will be if we keep the 2nd pick, and the other will be if we do the rumored trade with Tampa and get their 2nd and 3rd(doubt they would though), and also assuming we trade Pat to KC for a 2nd and a 6th. The 2nd mock will probably look pretty bad considering it's harder to predict trades.

Mock w/o Trades

1.Alex Smith, QB Utah-If Alex Smith is availble we probably will take him. From what I've heard from interviews with him he really wants to be here, and from the little we do know about Saban and Linehan, they seem to want him here. This pick could be Ronnie Brown

2.No Pick

3.Marion Barber III, RB Minnesota-If we don't take an RB in round 1, there are a slew who could be good backs in round 3. Barber IMO, is the best of the bunch. If Not Barber, I'd take Eric Shelton.

4.Kirk Morrison, LB San Diego State-For whatever reason this guy has fallen from 2nd round to boaderline 1st day. I view Morrison like a viewed Will Poole last year, if he is available at this point you've got to take him. Morrison could probably start at OLB right away over Spragan and Moore.

5.Anthony Bryant, DT Alabama-This guy is big (6'3, 337 lbs), and he runs a 4.97 40. Bryant would really help out the middle of our line if Chester and/or TBo go down again.

6.No pick

7.Ben Emanuel, S UCLA-Great size for a S at 6'2, and has decent speed. He will be a project, but has alot of potential

Mock w/ Trades

1(from Tampa).Ronnie Brown, RB Auburn-The great thing about trading down with Tampa is that they would draft either Smith or Rodgers, and neither Cleveland or Chicago have shown interest in Brown. We would get one of our top choices and more picks.

2a(From Tampa).Josh Bullocks, S Nebraska-IMO opinion the best S in the draft. Would probably start right away next to Tebucky. Alot of people here will be jumping for joy if we got him.

2b(from KC).Chis Spencer, C Ole Miss-Not alot of starting experience, but is the best prospect at C and it fills a need. Spencer strong,athletic,and smart, 3 things McKinney isn't.

3a.Chris Henry, WR West Virginia-He's got great size and great speed. He would've/should've been a 1st round pick if it wasn't for his attitude. He would probably change his tone under Saban.

3b(From Tampa).Adam Seward, LB UNLV-Seward is a guy I will call a Saban guy, and not because he has decent size. Seward is an overachiever, he's not athletic but will always give you 100% effort. has player ILB for UNLV, but would be an OLB for us.

4.Rian Wallace, OLB Temple-I know what your thinking, "2 LBs in a row?!? We have other needs!!!" We do, but you've also got to remember that Seau and Zach aren't getting any younger, Spragan is average at best, Ayanbedejo is here for ST only, and Moore and Pope don't have the size Saban wants his LBs to have. "Goo" has great instincts, and has been a playmaker his entire career.

5.Anthony Bryant, DT Alabama-Unless he is taken earlier than this or another player drops like a rock (ala Will Poole), I cannot see how we could pass Bryant.

6.(from KC).Simon Fraser, DE Ohio State-*Shudders* I hate the Buckeyes, but Fraser is a great player. I don't know if he'll last this long, but if he does we should take him. He'd be a perfect DE for Saban since he weighs 288 lbs.

7.Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB Harvard- We replace 1 Ivy league QB with another. Fitz would probably spend his rookie year on the PS, but he's a good project.

Tell me what ya think

i like the 2nd one a lot. But #1 KC will not give us a 2nd and a 6th for Surtain. At best a 2nd and that isnt even looking great. And #2 we gotta take a QB in at highest the 3rd round(Jason Cambell,Andrew Walter, Adrian Mcpherson). Other than that, pretty descent.

I like the first scenerio with alex smith and barber. i really don't want ronnie brown because of age, but I do like Chis Spencer in the second

Sorry to say it,but I'm glad you're not picking for us. Reminds me of Wanny and Spillman picks, unknowns who never did anything on the college level and won't do anything on the pro level.

Im sorry very nice job picking and all...but im sorry in the second we need to get David Bass...the guy can fill up to 3 different holes on the offensive line very effectively if needed to...with the late 2nd bullocks could be a possibility, also im not really impressed with chris henry...hes not nearly as good as everybody says and the linebacker from temple could probobly be had in the 5th

dougfinsfan72 said:
Sorry to say it,but I'm glad you're not picking for us. Reminds me of Wanny and Spillman picks, unknowns who never did anything on the college level and won't do anything on the pro level.

the only unknowns I have on that list are Emanuel,Fitzpatrick, and Seward.

Buddwalk said:
Im sorry very nice job picking and all...but im sorry in the second we need to get David Bass...the guy can fill up to 3 different holes on the offensive line very effectively if needed to...with the late 2nd bullocks could be a possibility, also im not really impressed with chris henry...hes not nearly as good as everybody says and the linebacker from temple could probobly be had in the 5th

David Bass did cross my mind, but I took Spencer because he is the better prospect.

Buddwalk said:

Funny, Ive heard you praise him a couple of times before (Henry), and yes he is just as good as everyone says, I guess you havent seen him enough, Oh I remember now, you said that Henry had off field issues (known by everyone) cause he was immature, but that he had the best hands you had seen since Moss. I agree on the Baas pick though.

dougfinsfan72 said:
Ya like Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, and oh yeah some guy named Tom Brady.

ChambersWI said:
David Bass did cross my mind, but I took Spencer because he is the better prospect.

Baas is far better then Spencer.

I like the 2nd one alot. Spencer is rated ahead of Baas now from what Ive been reading. Henry though, I dont know. The guy has great potential and all but that attitude is a huge turn off. If Saban shows him whats up, then yea Im all for it. Otherwise if Brodney Pool was there in the 2nd, I might take him over Bullocks. If not, I would definitely take Bullocks. Great mock.

Where is Braylon Edwards on your mock?? :confused:

motioncityhifi said:
I like the 2nd one alot. Spencer is rated ahead of Baas now from what Ive been reading. Henry though, I dont know. The guy has great potential and all but that attitude is a huge turn off. If Saban shows him whats up, then yea Im all for it. Otherwise if Brodney Pool was there in the 2nd, I might take him over Bullocks. If not, I would definitely take Bullocks. Great mock.

No way Spencer can EVER be as versatile, experienced, well coached, and as nasty as Baas is, neither in current production or upside could Spencer be better than Baas, I have seen DLman almost cry by the way Baas make them look like, he simply treats them like rag puppets. JMHO

Back
Top Bottom