My offseason/ In depth list for the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My offseason/ In depth list for the draft

Finsfan79

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Please give me your thoughts here. This is my thoughts for the offseason. If you wish information on a guy that I have listed there just ask and I will give you a scouting report from around.

I hope this makes you all think and consider some :)

FA
Sign Brees QB
Sign Adams DT
Sign Law CB

1st Round

Ko Simpson S SC - He is a ballhawk plain and simple. Wherever the ball is he will find it and make the big time play. In his freshman year he had 8 INT. In his sophmore year they stopped passing at him so he posted over 100 Tackles. He would be Great for our system. He is big, tall and fast.

Jimmy williams CB/S Vt - I dont like his attitude problems but he has the talent to be an impact player at Safety or Cornerback. He has versatility which Saban loves as well.

Manny Lawson OLB NCS - 34 OLB and great tweener. 4.41 speed frae of 6'6" and 245 lbs. Could put on weight and keep that speed rush like JT. Reminds me of JT

Bobby Carpenter OLB Ohio State - Solid OLB in college, can cover and play the strong side. Good tackler and impact player.

Tye Hill CB Clemson - His knock would be his size as he isnt that tall like saban wants in his CB's so I could see him perhaps getting passed for that. But he does have the big time jumping ability and the ability to make plays.

Chad Greenway LB Iowa - I dont think he would fit our system well, except perhaps as an ILB. But he has amazing leadership and potential to make big time plays. I think in 4-5 years he could take over for Zach if we drafted him. Perhaps a reach for a need but I just like his ability to make plays.

Chad Jackson WR UF - Perhaps a reach as well but if we do fill out a few more needs in FA I could see us take a top WR here. If Saban likes the SEC guy of course he could be a good pick up. Personally I hope for Demetrius Williams in the 3rd round.

2nd round
Here is a list of folks I wouldnt mind seeing.

Kamerion Wimbley DE/OLB FSU - Big time talent and potential. He wasnt that much of a force at FSU but he has the potential

Abdul Hodge ILB Iowa - Yes he is an ILB but he is a big time playmaker and could be useful. Crowder can play the OLB as shown last year.

One of the following CBs:
Johnathan Joseph CB
Richard Marshall CB
Kelly Jennings CB
Ashton Youboty CB
Jason Allen CB/S
Donte Whitner S
Daniel Bullucks S
Darnell Bing S
Pat Watkins S

OG
Max-Jean Gilles
Davin Joseph
Taitui Latsui

3rd round
Maurice Stovall WR
Demetrius Williams WR
Derek Hagan WR

Andrew Whitworth OT

Stanley McClover Tweener
Mark Anderson Tweener
Victor Adeyanju Tweener
AJ Nicholson OLB

Demarco Minter CB
Dee Webb CB
Anwar Phillips CB
Alan Zemaitis CB

Mark Setterstrom OG

My first day Draft of Choice is:
Ko Simpson S SC
Davin Joseph OG
Stanley McClover Tweener

That would hit up needs left and right and I think would make us a better team. Joseph is a monster in size and fits how we are building our offensive line. Ko Simpson could Own the middle of the field for us and force teams to be afraid of going there. McClover could step right in as a 3-4 OLB for us and compete for that slot across from JT.

I believe in the 4th we could swipe a CB.

Second day
4th BPA
7th BPA
7th BPA
7th BPA

Finsfan79 said:
Please give me your thoughts here. This is my thoughts for the offseason. If you wish information on a guy that I have listed there just ask and I will give you a scouting report from around.

I hope this makes you all think and consider some :)

FA
Sign Brees QB
Sign Adams DT
Sign Law CB

1st Round

Ko Simpson S SC - He is a ballhawk plain and simple. Wherever the ball is he will find it and make the big time play. In his freshman year he had 8 INT. In his sophmore year they stopped passing at him so he posted over 100 Tackles. He would be Great for our system. He is big, tall and fast.

Jimmy williams CB/S Vt - I dont like his attitude problems but he has the talent to be an impact player at Safety or Cornerback. He has versatility which Saban loves as well.

Manny Lawson OLB NCS - 34 OLB and great tweener. 4.41 speed frae of 6'6" and 245 lbs. Could put on weight and keep that speed rush like JT. Reminds me of JT

Bobby Carpenter OLB Ohio State - Solid OLB in college, can cover and play the strong side. Good tackler and impact player.

Tye Hill CB Clemson - His knock would be his size as he isnt that tall like saban wants in his CB's so I could see him perhaps getting passed for that. But he does have the big time jumping ability and the ability to make plays.

Chad Greenway LB Iowa - I dont think he would fit our system well, except perhaps as an ILB. But he has amazing leadership and potential to make big time plays. I think in 4-5 years he could take over for Zach if we drafted him. Perhaps a reach for a need but I just like his ability to make plays.

Chad Jackson WR UF - Perhaps a reach as well but if we do fill out a few more needs in FA I could see us take a top WR here. If Saban likes the SEC guy of course he could be a good pick up. Personally I hope for Demetrius Williams in the 3rd round.

2nd round
Here is a list of folks I wouldnt mind seeing.

Kamerion Wimbley DE/OLB FSU - Big time talent and potential. He wasnt that much of a force at FSU but he has the potential

Abdul Hodge ILB Iowa - Yes he is an ILB but he is a big time playmaker and could be useful. Crowder can play the OLB as shown last year.

One of the following CBs:
Johnathan Joseph CB
Richard Marshall CB
Kelly Jennings CB
Ashton Youboty CB
Jason Allen CB/S
Donte Whitner S
Daniel Bullucks S
Darnell Bing S
Pat Watkins S

OG
Max-Jean Gilles
Davin Joseph
Taitui Latsui

3rd round
Maurice Stovall WR
Demetrius Williams WR
Derek Hagan WR

Andrew Whitworth OT

Stanley McClover Tweener
Mark Anderson Tweener
Victor Adeyanju Tweener
AJ Nicholson OLB

Demarco Minter CB
Dee Webb CB
Anwar Phillips CB
Alan Zemaitis CB

Mark Setterstrom OG

My first day Draft of Choice is:
Ko Simpson S SC
Davin Joseph OG
Stanley McClover Tweener

That would hit up needs left and right and I think would make us a better team. Joseph is a monster in size and fits how we are building our offensive line. Ko Simpson could Own the middle of the field for us and force teams to be afraid of going there. McClover could step right in as a 3-4 OLB for us and compete for that slot across from JT.

I believe in the 4th we could swipe a CB.

Second day
4th BPA
7th BPA
7th BPA
7th BPA

what up 79. Interesting ideas. Im not for ty Law. I just hate the guy for so many seasons, I dont want him here, plus he wont come cheep at all. I love the Simpson or Lawson pick. I like Carpenter, but 16 might be high for him, so it will be interesting on how guys come off the board.
in the 2nd I dont see us drafting Kamerion Wimbley, we took two DL last year, and we took Manny with this years 5th. If we do bring in Adams, I dont see us going DL. Who knows. I would rather maybe see us drafting a QB in the 3rd round maybe. Jacobs would be good, or maybe wait for Olson. Good mock ideas, I would be happy if we walked away with two good secondary guys on day 1

thanks dude for the thoughts.

Wimbley is a tweener just like lawson. He is more of a strong side LB where Lawson would be more of a week side for the 3-4 OLB scheme. Wimbely would be better against the rush they believeand still a good pass rusher. He has amazing potential there. But we shall see :)

I agree that it would be interesting to see what else comes along instead of law.

more thoughts all? :) I would love to make this an active topic where everyone gives their (reasonable) 1-3 rd picks

no your right, we might use Wimbley as an OLB, It would be interesting to see if we did draft him how he will be used.

playmaker1 said:
no your right, we might use Wimbley as an OLB, It would be interesting to see if we did draft him how he will be used.

never know :) depends which will be our primary base next year last year we were 60%/40% for 3-4 over 4-3 according to Jason Cole.

If we kept that you would be right with the d-line part too many of them there. Specially since Roth could be the other DE for the 4-3. But, I believe that we will go 75%/25% next year for the 3-4 as long as taylor doesnt get hurt.

Either way this time of year is exciting for so many questions :) :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom