My one concern with Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My one concern with Tua

Its fine that you want to share your concerns, I appreciate the effort... So some of those 11 INTs were on Tua being wrong on his pre-snap read. In your opinion, is it possible that some of his 87 TDs were a result of being right on his pre-snap read and acting quick on it?
Yeah.......Not sure how you spin TTs collegiate TD/INT ratio into a negative concern.

The Gators completely owned Peyton Manning.

He learned from his mistakes and turned out to be a pretty good QB.

https://www.onlygators.com/03/06/20...gs-four-losses-to-the-florida-gators-1994-97/
Hell ya they did! GATA! LOL. I like Tua and it is actually a blessing in disguise that this was highlighted after the national championship game. I did not know that until finding that article. I did see improvement last year before he got hurt. This one thing can be coached and fixed (if it hasn't already). His ball placement, accuracy, and ability to throw receivers open can't be taught! Like I said, glad he is here but it was one area I did see in his college tape that stuck out to me.

Its fine that you want to share your concerns, I appreciate the effort... So some of those 11 INTs were on Tua being wrong on his pre-snap read. In your opinion, is it possible that some of his 87 TDs were a result of being right on his pre-snap read and acting quick on it?
Absolutely! Thus why I said my one concern. I wanted to draft him all along, partially because of this very thing. I think he was by far the best QB of the draft, and if he did not have the hip issue, would have went first overall.

That's your one concern? I am president of the Tua fan club but even I have more than one concern with him.

Will he last a whole season? A whole career? is his frame too small? Is he good against elite defenses? Will his Trumpesque baby hands cause him to fumble often? Is his father putting too much pressure on him?

The truth is Tua will have deficiencies as all QB's do and he shouldnt have to be perfect every game for us to win, or we wont.

Just found this, very interesting
He also threw for 295 yards and 2 td's in that game. Not spectacular but it wasnt like they were completely shutting him down either. And this was against a very very good college defense. You dont come out of college with an 8-1 TD to Int ratio without being able to read defenses post snap. Look... I know the guy isnt perfect, and will make some mistakes but he was about as good as you can get in college. All we can do is hope that translates to the pros.

That's your one concern? I am president of the Tua fan club but even I have more than one concern with him.

Will he last a whole season? A whole career? is his frame too small? Is he good against elite defenses? Will his Trumpesque baby hands cause him to fumble often? Is his father putting too much pressure on him?

The truth is Tua will have deficiencies as all QB's do and he shouldnt have to be perfect every game for us to win, or we wont.
I meant in his play coming out of college. I agree with you 100%. I think his college play as a whole was the best I have seen in a long time.

87 TDs and 11 picks
hahahha, yeah sure you studied and realized his weakness

AFTER YOU FOUND THAT ARTICLE YOU JUST POSTED!!!!!!?
BwaaaaaWaaaaaHaaaaa

So let me get this straight. Focus is being placed on the Nat’l title Tua didn’t win while ignoring the Nat’l title he did win?

You know what, I’ll settle for a QB that wins a SB and loses one.

I played QB in high school, which does not make me an expert at the pro level; but it is always a position I have studied. As many on here, most of us saw Tua in the come behind national championship win against Georgia. He was on my RADAR ever since. Having watched him at Alabama, he is one of if not the best reader of defenses at the line. He immediately had an idea in his head where he was going and did so quickly and most of the time effectively.

In the games leading up to the national championship loss to Clemson, I saw a few times where his pre-snap reads and inability or decision making did not react to what the defense was doing. This led to costly interceptions. As an example, the defense would show a single high safety and one in the box. This would suggest run support or protection against short passes and RAC.

Tua read this pre-snap and immediately threw to a go route opposite side of where the high safety went without checking any movement of any other personnel. It was a single read and throw. The issue was the box safety immediately sprinted to the area Tua threw to and had an easy pick. He did seem to improve somewhat last year before getting hurt, but really did not go against the best defenses like you would see in a bowl game.

I did see a lot of pre-snap reads and immediate throws his entire time at Alabama. Obviously NFL defenses are a lot better at showing one thing and doing another. I hope his time under Fitz he has learned that what an NFL shows before the snap and what they do after the snap is often completely different. This was his one area of weakness I saw coming out. With that said, elated he is our QB and I hope he rocks it on Sunday and for years to come......Phins Up!
Are you tryin' to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?

87 TDs and 11 picks
hahahha, yeah sure you studied and realized his weakness

AFTER YOU FOUND THAT ARTICLE YOU JUST POSTED!!!!!!?
BwaaaaaWaaaaaHaaaaa

So what if he did? That is one more relevant thread than I remember you starting. He is contributing to a FORUM to discuss all matters Dolphins. Why is everything with you a pissing match?

So what if he did? That is one more relevant thread than I remember you starting. He is contributing to a FORUM to discuss all matters Dolphins. Why is everything with you a pissing match?
Take it EZ White Knight

Whats it to you?

It was not a well thought post and I stated my opinion and called it. It’s what we do on public forums. Pissing match? Not sure where you’re coming from there. It’s called opinions

My biggest issue with Tua is that he can try to do too much sometimes, there is a time and place for that and I like the aggressiveness but that's how he put himself in harms way at Alabama, he's just gotta be smarter about giving up on a play and not be so reckless.

Back
Top Bottom