My one gripe about the lovefest with new england | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My one gripe about the lovefest with new england

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'll admit, if New England wins this super bowl, I'll consider them a dynasty.

If not, there is no dynasty. 2 titles in 4 years (one of which they didnt make the playoffs) does not equal dynasty in my mind.

But here is the issue I am angry about. Everyone is always saying "The New England Patriots know how to win when it counts....in the playoffs. They are undefeated in the playoffs...blah blah blah."

It doesnt seem fair to me that they treat this "Brady-Belichek undefeated in the playoffs BS the way they do". I think not making the playoffs in 2002-2003 is a lot worse than making the playoffs, but the way the media is treating it, that is not so. Apparently it is more impressive to take a year off to preserve that undefeated mark :lol:

I dont know the exact records, but lets break it down with guesses for the sake of argument

2001-2002 PAts go 4-0 in the playoffs, win super bowl
2002-2003 Pats dont make playoffs
2003-2004 Pats go 3-0 in the playoffs, win super bowl
2004-2005 PAts go 3-0 in the playoffs, win super bowl
they go 10-0 with 3 playoff appearances and miss out one year and 3 rings

Lets play pretend now and say that the pats made it to the first round of the playoffs in the 2002-2003 season, then you have this...

2001-2002 PAts go 4-0 in the playoffs, win super bowl
2002-2003 Pats go 0-1 in playoffs, out in first round
2003-2004 Pats go 3-0 in the playoffs, win super bowl
2004-2005 PAts go 3-0 in the playoffs, win super bowl
they go 10-1 with 4 playoff appearances (out of a possible 4) and 3 rings

But like I said, ESPN finds it more impressive that they could just eliminate that year where the pats decided not to show up so they can have a sparkling 10-0 or whatever figure it's at now.

Anyone see where I'm going with this? I wasnt sure how to put it down in a thread, I tried to explain my argument the best I can.

it is a dynasty if they win in two weeks

care to argue the point of the "perfect playoff record"?

TerryTate said:
But like I said, ESPN finds it more impressive that they could just eliminate that year where the pats decided not to show up so they can have a sparkling 10-0 or whatever figure it's at now.
Dude, they DO have a perfect playoff record. They haven't lost a playoff game in years... give it up.

TT is correct. A win in 2 weeks = dynasty.

Plus, not making the playoffs at all should equal 2 losses.

1972 said:
TT is correct. A win in 2 weeks = dynasty.

Plus, not making the playoffs at all should equal 2 losses.

at least 2, I would award 3 or 4

thank you for seeing my point

Screw the Pats they are the luckiest F-ing dynasty i ever saw. Things just go there way game after game. One of these days Brady is gonna take a shot in mouth that is gonna put him out for the season

it will be over after this season (assuming they win)

with crennel and weis gone, i dont expect them to be as strong.

TerryTate said:
it will be over after this season (assuming they win)

with crennel and weis gone, i dont expect them to be as strong.
i don't think they are as good as the media says. but they do win. they wait for the other team to make a mistake and capitalize on it. this is not a bad thing, they just are not as good as their record shows! :(

dolfan06 said:
i don't think they are as good as the media says. but they do win. they wait for the other team to make a mistake and capitalize on it. this is not a bad thing, they just are not as good as their record shows! :(
You are what your record says you are. And the Patriots' record says they're 33-4 over the past two years.

If they don't make any mistakes and all the other teams do make mistakes... then yes, they're the best team.

The Patriots are not going anywhere. They are built for the long haul. I really don't care if anyone considers us a dynasty or not. I could not be more happy with the way things have gone over the last 4 years. Yes we missed out on the playoffs one year. But what did the Pats do? They figured out why and fixed it fast. The sign of a good team.

Back
Top Bottom