My opinion on the Joe Philbin interview | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My opinion on the Joe Philbin interview

Your an Idiot. Your such an expert why aren't you the GM??? No matter what he said the media and people like you would have found something else to bitch and complain about!!!

Wanny disgusts me more than most. He was a legacy hire that a part time JJ bamboozled over a clueless garbageman. He was uniformly hated in Chicago and it took years to dig out from under him. His Polyanna "we'll fix it and get better" Rainmanish presses were pathetic in their predictability. The fact that he failed with us, then failed with Pitt then failed as a DC with Buffalo is all you want to know about how good he really was using a "retrospective."

I can think of about 5 games off the top of my head that Sparano cost us between FG decisions, clock mi9s-management and il-timed time outs. One notable one is that TO against NO right before the first half ended. To his credit, WV was calling out his cluelessness starting in his second year which for the rest of us was a honeymoon period. He also threw his players under the bus for poor execution of dinosaur Henning's play-calling that was so predictable our opponents were laughing about being right on 4 out of 4 anticipated plays rather than bouncing Henning; it took nationally televised humiliations for him to fire Pasqualoni and then the ST coach whose name escapes me. He was an embarrassment during pressers offering no concrete or constructive insight and peppering his awkward speech patois with countless "at the end of the day"s" and "ya know's". And I do believe during the last year he did lose some players' support also including Reggie's.

So while everything tends to look better through your rear view mirror the more miles away you travel, Sparano without Parcells was almost right up there with Cam Cameron. You're entitled to your opinion certainly but mine is that comparing the coaching chops of The Meatball to Joe Philbin resonates about as loudly as comparing the acting chops of Lindsay Lohan to Meryl Streep :idk:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I never said those coaches were good, just that they had more redeeming qualities than Philbin, that's all.

I think you can get a sense of how players feel about Philbin based off Incognito's comment: "Why isn't a Joe fired yet?" You think a player, no matter how slighted, would make a comment like that about the top coaches in the league? You can tell they don't respect him. You can fault meatball for a lot, but at least a lot of his players respected him up until when Ross neutered him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the entire press conference. I honestly do not know what all of you are talking about regarding Philbin. I thought he did a good job considering the circumstances and media frenzy over this issue. I also got a chance to watch the Hickey press conference....thought he did well also.

If you have 90 posts in 12 years you don't seem to have much time invested in the Dolphins.
Then suddenly start a thread about how the "coach is a fraud", it makes you seem like a troll.

Do the math genius, bunch of crybabies in here and you think cause you post a lot of fodder and spew garbage daily u are the authority on who says what. You have a small man complex and I decline to comment any further with you, u really are pathetic boasting about your activity, go away ..................lol

If you have 90 posts in 12 years you don't seem to have much time invested in the Dolphins.
Then suddenly start a thread about how the "coach is a fraud", it makes you seem like a troll.

Sorry dude, I don't like the op's post either, however who cares how many times someone posts here in a 12 year span? What the hell difference does that make? This post is dumb. I don't mind someone calling someone out for a dumb post, but it's moronic to call someone else out for their level of fandom

Do the math genius, bunch of crybabies in here and you think cause you post a lot of fodder and spew garbage daily u are the authority on who says what. You have a small man complex and I decline to comment any further with you, u really are pathetic boasting about your activity, go away ..................lol
Your comment is spot on. This is one of those guys who spend most of his posts criticizing other posters instead of giving his own insight ABOUT the team.

Sorry dude, I don't like the op's post either, however who cares how many times someone posts here in a 12 year span? What the hell difference does that make? This post is dumb. I don't mind someone calling someone out for a dumb post, but it's moronic to call someone else out for their level of fandom
listen, again, I don't care why he does or doesn't post, I was only telling him why he was getting flamed.
if Hayden Fox starts this thread, no one questions anything. when a guy that's never here does it, he appears like a troll

This talk of post count is kind of absurd. I don’t have much free time and therefore do not post as often as I’d like. I do lurk a lot however. There are some posts by so called “megaposters” that I make sure to read due to the years of quality content they’ve provided (Vaark, Nubs, etc). Others I choose to flat out ignore based of their flip-flop nature and often ridiculous comments (not East Virginia buuut...)

That’s the wonderful thing about WPA. It’s a great litmus test for determining whether a poster is respected on this site or not, regardless of post count. For example, some folks fancy themselves Kings of all things Phin related. Regardless of their post count, it’s easy to see that most here view them as clowns with a simple glance at the red bar prominently appearing in their profile. Others work their fingers to the “nubs”, gathering and posting Dolphin related news and posting it here for the rest of us to read. Again, regardless of post count, it’s easy to tell that they are well respected and worthy of reading their posts based off the large green bar in their profile.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom