My opinion on the Joe Philbin interview | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My opinion on the Joe Philbin interview

his incompetence was shown in our last 2 games as well, you remember when our team quit playing 2 weeks early? the fact that he claims to have known nothing about this should further prove his incompetence...

The players themselves quit playing with playoffs on the line....the coaches never quit.

So wait....everyone is all over this guy when it's been established that he wanted to cut Incognito after the golf course incident and her knew Martin couldn't play last March and wanted to replace him too? Philbin knew these guys were no good and wanted to get rid of them. Ireland wasn't hearing it.

Yes they know all of this but with Ireland gone they still need someone to dump on.

Oh really. Established? By who?

Philbin today in his press conference said he was part of decision to bring incognito back after golf course incident. He says he stands by decision.

That flies in the face of your "established" theory

[video]http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Philbin-Answers-Questions-About-The-Wells-Report/a49d960f-cd3c-4859-8a30-434f8ad07a88[/video]

Thx for posting- I just listened to that, and my conclusion is that Philbin is full of it. He tries to sound like he's the champion of his players, wants them to feel fulfilled in Miami under his leadership, self actualized. What a bunch of nonsense. He wants players with robotic personalities like himself- case in point, here's what he likes the best about one of his players:

When asked last year what he likes about a particular player (Chris Clemons), Philbin said: “He keeps his mouth [shut].”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...eat-chatter-umluke-problem.html#storylink=cpy

At the end of the day, on top of many other misgivings about Philbin, he has one of the most the most listless, unimpressive and uninspiring personalities that I've ever seen in an NFL head coach. Draining, not a leader of men. Not genuine either imo, he's pretty much full of it. I'd call Philbin a slight improvement over the total weenie Cam Cameron, but not by much. I look forward to the day that Philbin follows Ireland out the door.

The players themselves quit playing with playoffs on the line....the coaches never quit.

Effective coaches never let their players quit, especially when the PLAYOFFS are on the line!

And just like Dmarino110 posted, the fact the Philbin knew nothing of the J Mart saga just skylines his incompetence as an NFL head coach!

No I just want him to be a Coach ! Make the team successful ! You can't say I want my players to leave here with a skillset to be a winner in life work at Fortune 500 companies , and then in the same breath say well I don't know what is going on with them day to day because that is up to the assist coaches.

Joe Philbin's Combine Press Conference

[video=youtube;rx0zkJhGH64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=rx0zkJhGH64[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

unfortunately that means the players dont respect the coaches or the rest of the team, which is an issue that the coaches are responsible for...

Oh really. Established? By who?

Philbin today in his press conference said he was part of decision to bring incognito back after golf course incident. He says he stands by decision.

That flies in the face of your "established" theory

So I guess all those reports that came out in December, reported by numerous news outlets, were false. This guy is falling on the sword. He's taking responsibility for things that weren't his call. Ireland could have cut Incognito but he chose not to. He had control of the roster, not Philbin.

Thx for posting- I just listened to that, and my conclusion is that Philbin is full of it. He tries to sound like he's the champion if the player, wants them to feel fulfilled in Miami under his leadership, self actualized. What a bunch of nonsense. He wants players with robotic personalities like himself- case in point, here's what he likes the best about one of his players:

When asked last year what he likes about a particular player (Chris Clemons), Philbin said: “He keeps his mouth [shut].”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...eat-chatter-umluke-problem.html#storylink=cpy

At the end of the day, on top of many other misgivings about Philbin, he has the most listless, unimpressive and uninspiring personalities that I've ever seen in an NFL head coach. Draining, not a leader of men. Not genuine either imo, he's pretty much full of it. I'd call Philbon a slight improvement over the total weenie Cam Cameron, but not by much. I look forward to the day that Philbin follows Ireland out the door.

Listen to Bill Belichick a few times.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

unfortunately that means the players dont respect the coaches or the rest of the team, which is an issue that the coaches are responsible for...

Okay. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

So I guess all those reports that came out in December, reported by numerous news outlets, were false. This guy is falling on the sword. He's taking responsibility for things that weren't his call. Ireland could have cut Incognito but he chose not to. He had control of the roster, not Philbin.

Falling on the sword, really? After huddling up with Dawn Aponte to make sure that theor jobs are safe and a GM is hired to their liking there is no falling on the sword. Just Philbin trying to save face and play the game. Where was he last year when the poop hit the fan on this scandal? Scurrying around, hiding for cover. What he does now, with his job safe for the time being, is far less important.

hahaha yeah, cause that NEVER happens! paint it how you want man. Philbin says what he said, I'm going to believe he's telling the truth.

No I just want him to be a Coach ! Make the team successful ! You can't say I want my players to leave here with a skillset to be a winner in life work at Fortune 500 companies , and then in the same breath say well I don't know what is going on with them day to day because that is up to the assist coaches.

That IS the structure of a Fortune 500 company. I highly doubt that the CIO of the University I work for knows what I'm doing right now. That's what a management structure is put into place for.

I watched the interview with Joe Philbin. When I watched and seen the look on his face and anger coming out of his mouth I think now he is going to be aggressive. He looks and sounds like he has grown a pair of balls now. I think he will turn into that coach that we really need for this team. I think he means business now. That's a side i never seen from him.

Back
Top Bottom