My PFN Mock Heading into Week 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My PFN Mock Heading into Week 17

FinPhan54

Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
I used the Mock Draft Simulator on PFN to complete this

Roast me!

**Traded pick 3 to Carolina (used on Zach Wilson) for 9, 71 and their 2022 1st round pick**

9. Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama -

This is obviously best case scenario. Carolina traded up to get Zach Wilson after Lawrence/Fields went 1-2. I love the value for Devonta here, as I would have taken him 3 if I was forced to stay there with a gun to my head. As much as I love Penei, I think giving Tua the comfort level of HIS GUY is so important, whether it be Smith or Chase or even Waddle at this point. I think we will also attack the FA market and try to get a guy like Marvin Jones Jr, TY Hilton, Allen Robinson, Corey Davis.

Parker, Smith, Jones Jr, Bowden, Perry, Hollins/Williams (ST and emergencies) is a nice looking WR core.

I have done a number of these over the last week trying to prepare for this and the common trends I have been for trade spots in the top 10 are Cincy, Detroit, Carolina, Denver. I do kinda like the idea for picking up a pick from the Bengals to try to come up ahead of the Falcons for someone and then also trading with 1 of the other 3 and still getting our WR.

The key coming out of the draft should be to grab one of the top 3 receivers while also getting a '22 1st from Detroit, Carolina or Denver.

**Traded pick 23 to Tennessee (used to jump in front of Baltimore for Azeez Ojulari) for 25 and a 2022 3rd**

25. Najee Harris, RB, Alabama -

So I had this early thought that I wanted to get a WR and Najee, and it just so happens these are 2 of Tuas favorite weapons that we are adding. In Najee, you are adding a big physical 6'2 230 LB running back that can also catch passes out of the backfield and excel in all 3 levels of the field. I think that we definitely thought last year that one of Dobbins/Taylor/Swift would be there for us at the top of the 2nd round when we took Igby, and I don't see us making that mistake again. Not only was Najee one of Tua's favorite weapons, but also one of his best friends. Their families have traveled together, and with the culture we are building down here in Miami I could see that being the final decision maker in adding Najee here. That backfield of Harris - Gaskin - Ahmed - Breida/Laird is going to be electric.

**Traded 36 to Dallas for 47 and 77**
**Traded 47 and 118 for 43**

43. Patrick Jones II, Edge, Pittsburgh -

To me, this is a guy we are going to be targeting. With Ogbah and Lawson both coming up on expiring deals next year, I could see us trying to play the 1 year in advance game here. Bringing in Jones II now allows him to adjust to the physicality of the league while learning from veterans ahead of him. I think he has stud potential off the edge and has a toughness to him that will attract to what Flores wants to do on D.

54. Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma -

He should go about 20 picks higher, so I did not want to wait anymore. Humphrey will compete with Karras from day 1 (if we bring back Karras) with the potential to take over for him in 2022. Coming up on year 2 for Tua, finding him a long term center is going to be very important. Do not be surprised if we pick Humphrey a pick earlier than this. As of this pick, our line for next year will be -

LT - Competition between Austin Jackson and Jesse Davis
LG - Competition between Ereck Flowers, Robert Hunt and Michael Dieter
C - Competition between Creed Humphrey and Ted Karras
RG - Competition between Solomon Kindley and Robert Hunt
RT - Competition between Robert Hunt and Jesse Davis

71. Tyler Shelvin, NT, LSU -

Shelvin opted out of the season, but the 6'3 364 mammoth of a man is a plug and play player in this defense. He cannot be blocked by 1 person, and is the type of player that would be a lock for a top 50 pick if he would have played. I think the staff will look at the way Christian Wilkins played with Dexter Lawrence next to him as motivation for getting a NT in here. I think Raekwon Davis would also play better as a DE in the 3-4 package.

In this draft, I think just like it is a priority to get a center, it is a priority to add 1 of Tyler Shelvin, TaDarrell Slaton or Jordan Davis to this roster.

77. Darian Kinnard, OL, Kentucky -

Fitting with the theme of drafting giants, "DK" is listed at 6'5 345 and moves like a man much smaller. His home will definitely be on the right side of the line, and I can definitely see us using this opportunity to begin to move Robert Hunt to LG long term. We will see what happens with Ereck Flowers (will likely go through camp in case Kinnard is not ready)

That updates our OL to

LT - Competition between Austin Jackson and Jesse Davis
LG - Competition between Ereck Flowers, Robert Hunt and Michael Dieter
C - Competition between Creed Humphrey and Ted Karras
RG - Competition between Solomon Kindley, Robert Hunt, and Darian Kinnard
RT - Competition between Robert Hunt, Darian Kinnard and Jesse Davis

**Traded pick 87 and a 2022 5th to the Chargers for 109, 140, and a 2022 4th**

109. Bubba Bolden, S, Miami -

TI was extremely torn whether to choose Paris or Bubba Bolden here, but I went with Bolden who I think add some real pop to the back end of our secondary. I think Rowe and McCain have done a fantastic job for the most part (and the staff loves Brandon Jones) but I think Boldens versatility is really going to be the reason he is picked. You can line him up in the box or single high and can also put him out on tight ends (an area we really struggle). Bubba is an elite level athlete and with a pick on Day 3 that is all you can really ask for.

140. DeAngelo Malone, Edge, Western Kentucky -

One theme that I am going for in this draft - ELECTRIC! Malone is a 6'4 230 LB missile coming off the edge. He seems like a perfect candidate to help on special teams, while making an impact in pass rushing and hybrid situations. Had 11.5 sacks in 2019 followed up by 6 this year but saw a ton of double teams. I could see him being a guy they try to have learn from a guy like Van Noy or even Elandon Roberts (he's more inside) and will be successful in a couple years.

185. Houston Heimuli, FB, Stanford -

Tough, physical Fullback with Lineman and Special Teams background. We cut Chandler Cox who never operated like we thought he would. I look for us to bring in a fullback who can play in tough running situations, and also contribute on special teams.

186. Trill Williams, DB, Syracuse

6'2 200 LB Corner who would have been picked much higher had an ankle injury not derailed his season. He is a development guy but has all of the tools you may want out of a corner. Also has plenty of experience in the nickel and dime which is a huge advantage for his size.

In addition to the players above, I added

Carolina 1st
Tennessee 3rd
Chargers 4th (giving our 5th)

Roast you huh? ooookay!
I like the Devonta Smith/trade back idea but that probably is the biggest dream here. Which, no offense, is really saying something :chuckle: I couldn't follow the 2nd round trades at all. Could be b/c i didn't have a classroom chalkboard to keep track

Najee Harris? Really? We're doing this? I don't buy being the 'All Time Alabama Rushing Leader' as a positive. That's the Crash Davis award. Why do you think Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs, Mark ingram, Eddie Lacy, Kenyon Drake, TJ Yeldon, or Trent Richardson don't own that record?? The other issue i have with 1st Round RB is it cuts down on a deep pool of plug and plays with all our picks.

43- No roast here. I don't see it with Jones. At all. Maybe he sticks in the league but i'll pass on him this high. Also. Pitt was 6-5 this year and half their team is being mocked. Dont. Get it.

Creed Humphrey down right upsets me. Not b/c I dont like him, but if you are going with the 'Tua's friends and family' draft strategy, I think pick 43 is Landon Dickerson. Give me a Edge rusher here, maybe even Patrick jones if you promise not to upset me anymore.

Your "Shelvin, Slaton or Jordan Davis" for the interior DL take is great and is the shining beacon of hope in an otherwise perfect storm of disappointment.

Kinnard and Humphrey dont improve the line, gives us some flexibility, but no, i'd rather stick with Penei at 3 if we want to make OL a priority.

Bubba Bolden is fine but if we grab 2 OL, neither of which are named Penei Sowell, and a Safety in the first 109 picks i would see that as a lost opportunity. Something all to familiar in this mock.

You sell the crap out of the Edge rusher from Western Kentucky and the FB from Stanford.

Last is a 'developmental pick'. No kidding! He's the 11th pick to this class!

Ok, not bad. I hope the cards fall right today and we can mock it up from spot 3 the next few months. Here is my pre-week 17 mock. Good luck roasting this masterclass!!

3. Penei Sowell
23. Zaven Collins LB Tulsa- I really cant see much difference from Collins and Parsons. If Collins went to Penn State, would they be ranked this way?
36. Chris Olave WR Ohio State (Haven't seen him fall this far in those mocks, been happy taking Kadarius Toney here.)
54. A. Vera-Tucker OG USC- Got stuck here, not sure what to do in this spot. Interior line and Penei from a guy who still thinks the Jake Long pick was the right pick.
87. JaVonte Williams RB North Carolina - Again, would you rather have Zaven Collins and Williams or Najee Harris and the LB you somehow couldn't find among 11 picks.
118. Dayo Odeybingo Edge Vandy - Think he might be the best player on the worst team. That excites me for some reason.
185. Jaret Patterson RB Buffalo - Bring in some more fresh RB for the grind.
186. Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State.

Gives OL a chance to be a top unit in the league, Collins and 1 edge rusher is a light hall for defense, would have liked to get one of your three DTs but missed out. I like bringing in two backs and two WRs to add scoring options.

Love that draft.

I could see Carolina as a trade partner. Just wonder if Smith makes it to #9?

Miami's offense with the addition of Smith, Harris and Humphrey would be nice.

Well, looks like we'll be picking 18th, which should give us a shot at one of the non-Sewell tackles at 1b.

Thats probably the most unrealistic draft I have seen. Smith wont get past Giants IMO. Collins is a fit, Olave is ok, but a DE or DT is a big need as Godcheaux may well be out. Gainwell isnt as good as J Williams, and Williams wont last to 81. Humphrey is a need, but I doubt he is there at 50. Sermon is ok, but Williams cancels out that pick. LeCounte is OK, Cox may be undrafted, although that late in the draft its worth a flyer.

My 4 round mock is the Mount Rushmore of drafts lol

It’s unlikely but feast your eyes at this. I was so stoked I posted in another thread (apologies) too.

Attachments

• E919ADF9-D90A-420F-B847-44C399AE4974.png
    E919ADF9-D90A-420F-B847-44C399AE4974.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 15
I achieved my perfection here, got the two players I wanted in round one, got the extra first I want too for next year. Got one of the top 3 RBs, got one of the complimentary WRs I wanted to go with Smith. Got a Center and got one of my favourite LBs. Got a value offensive weapon late on. The only thing missing here for me was an edge rusher and possibly a developmental secondary player.

1611600085895.png

Last edited:
Kind of an odd one. Made quite a few trades and wanted to see what I could get at wide receiver by trading off that #3.

Patrick Surtain II
    CB Alabama

• MIA

Kadarius Toney
    WR Florida
    trade icon
  • MIA

Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU

• MIA

Patrick Jones
    EDGE Pitt