My Picks In The 1st Round... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Picks In The 1st Round...

postermaster

Finsavior
Reaction score
We need a monster of a OL guy such as Joe Thomas, we can not let go that opportunity - so he would be my first option.

IF TAKEN

We need to improve the secondary, the heart of the secondary are the CB's, if we improve the secondary we will have one of the best defenses around the league, take CB Leon Hall - that would be my second option.

IF TAKEN

We might not improve the secondary as good as we could but we could pick a Safety, take S / DB LaRon Landry.

IF TAKEN

Our QB is a proven great QB, but we don't know if he can comeback for an injury that big, so I'd take his young and not-injured version QB JaMarcus Russel - that would be my third option.

IF TAKEN

One of the main problems that our passing offense didn't work, was because our WR's dropped a lot of passes, so I would take Calvin Johnson who its almost a 100% gone at the 9th pick... so I would pick Dwayne Jarrett- as my fourth option

IF TAKEN

After all of those needs (above), we don't need anything more than a QB, so if all of the above players are taken its probably that Brady Quinn would have fallen to the 9th overall pick, just as Leinart last year... - that would be my fifth option...

IF TAKEN

Clearly renew the front 7, pick any player who will start replacing Zach Thomas or Jason Taylor I would go with Gaines Adams in this one...

GO PHINS!!! AND PICK A HC AND A NEW OC BEFORE WE START THINKING IN THE DRAFT!!!
:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Alan Branch must be considered.

I would rank Dwayne Jarrett above Leon Hall. I know your idea was to improve the ailing secondary, but we just witnessed Dwayne Jarrett beating Leon Hall up and down the field.

We need a monster of a OL guy such as Joe Thomas, we can not let go that opportunity - so he would be my first option.

IF TAKEN

We need to improve the secondary, the heart of the secondary are the CB's, if we improve the secondary we will have one of the best defenses around the league, take CB Leon Hall - that would be my second option.

IF TAKEN

We might not improve the secondary as good as we could but we could pick a Safety, take S / DB LaRon Landry.

IF TAKEN

Our QB is a proven great QB, but we don't know if he can comeback for an injury that big, so I'd take his young and not-injured version QB JaMarcus Russel - that would be my third option.

IF TAKEN

One of the main problems that our passing offense didn't work, was because our WR's dropped a lot of passes, so I would take Calvin Johnson who its almost a 100% gone at the 9th pick... so I would pick Dwayne Jarrett- as my fourth option

IF TAKEN

After all of those needs (above), we don't need anything more than a QB, so if all of the above players are taken its probably that Brady Quinn would have fallen to the 9th overall pick, just as Leinart last year... - that would be my fifth option...

IF TAKEN

Clearly renew the front 7, pick any player who will start replacing Zach Thomas or Jason Taylor I would go with Gaines Adams in this one...

I dont think we are that bad off on CB's.....we have some young talent there that can get it done, in this system that we run. BUT, having said that, they could get exposed, as could any CB, if we dont continue to blitz and put pressure on the QB.

I think we need to address 2 areas...OL, and defensive front seven. Other than Crowder, we are getting extremely old. That is something that worries me in the future, near future at that. Joe thomas is our first priority, but im quite sure he wont be there by the 9th pick, but ive seen crazier things happen. After that Gaines.

Unless something strange happens between now and the draft day, Thomas will be long gone before we get the chance to draft him.
IF TAKEN

I would take Derrelle Revis before I would even consider Leon Hall. Hall's lack of top flight speed is a concern.
IF TAKEN

Landry is a tremendous safety and just might be what the doctor ordered.
IF TAKEN

After his bowl performance against ND, it's unlikely he'll be there when we pick but anything could happen.
IF TAKEN

Not a bad option at 9 depending on his workouts. If he runs in the 4.5 or better range, I would pick him. If he doesn't, then the best option would be to trade down and see if we can get him later.
IF TAKEN

Could he be a steal if there at 9?
IF TAKEN

Excellent choice if we go D-Line. Willis if we go LB. If we play the 3-4 could team with Crowder to form an awesome duo in the middle.

I say Troy Smith because he fall to us at #9 because of his size.......anf then i say Trade down and Get Tedd Gin JR or Dwayne Jarett....because we WILL sign Lance Briggs and our secondary will be fine with the year they just had to jell with one another!
After those two i would say Thomas!.......but all the other rounds we go o-line no doubt!

I say Troy Smith because he fall to us at #9 because of his size.......anf then i say Trade down and Get Tedd Gin JR or Dwayne Jarett....because we WILL sign Lance Briggs and our secondary will be fine with the year they just had to jell with one another!
After those two i would say Thomas!.......but all the other rounds we go o-line no doubt!

Ginn and Jarrett will be gone long before Smith.

Thomas will go Top 5 for sure.

Leon Hall is an absolute NO! Hughes from CAL and Cason from Arizona are better than he is, Hall is going to be an average CB in the league. I would shoot for Hughes in the second round while picking up either a guy like Willis in the 1st or a reciever, either Jarrett or Johnson, (Johnson wont be there as we all know).

robert meachum and jayson swain could be availible in the draft either one would be a huge pick in the second ecspecially meachum hes got great break away speed and hes big enough to fight off dbs for the ball

robert meachum and jayson swain could be availible in the draft either one would be a huge pick in the second ecspecially meachum hes got great break away speed and hes big enough to fight off dbs for the ball

Assuming Ginn, Johnson, and Jarrett all come out Meachem should be there at our pick in rd 2, unless his workouts are crazy good. It would only help us more if Sidney Rice came out. Even if Meachem isn't there, a player like Bowe or Davis from LSU, might be there at one of our picks.

Back
Top Bottom