My Power Rankings (as of 5/14/03) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Power Rankings (as of 5/14/03)

Of the teams listed:
Chiefs / Giants / Colts too high.
Chargers and Bears should be up another 5 or so spots.

Nice job.

I think the Saints and Falcons are too high.
I'd also put the Chargers higher than 22.

Of course, the AFC East and AFC West are still the best and will beat the crap out of each other while Piggsburgh makes the playoffs again with an inflated record.

After I saw the Saints at number 4.. I just stopped reading it!

hey man, da bills r way too high, da saints might b a lil over-rated (they had alotta talent last yr n look how dat turned out, lol). n ATL, while i really like der chances n think der gonna contend for da division, is a LIL bit too high (too many question marks to b ranked so high up). my top 5 goes more like dis....

1) Dolphins-you notice how defense-oriented teams been havin alotta success lately? well heres one wit some potential firepower on O too

2) Bucs-they lost some players (Jackson, Singleton) but they still have their core and will do some damage in the NFC.

3) Eagles- They lost Douglas, Barber n some other guys...but they still have der defensive core, and you cant underestimate an Andy Ried coached team

4) Broncos- I think Jake da Snake is gonna turn it on up der now that hes got some decent weapons to work wit...add der solid D n da fact dat Portis should get even better wit experience... n daaaang, lol

5) Titans- Steve McNair is one of the NFL's better QBs, and his toughness and leadership will set an example for the rest of the team. I also like what they have on defense, real solid.

Suprise Team: Jacksonville (projected record: 11-5, 2nd in AFC South) I really like what Del Rio did after he was hired. The signings of Douglas and Peterson, among others, will make this a good defensive team. Brunell still has something left...so with him, Jimmy Smith and a healthy Fred Taylor they could b pretty good on offense even before Leftwich is ready to contribute.

Dissapointing Team: Oakland (projected record 8-8, 4th in AFC West)- This team is gettin really old and will wear down as the season goes along. Come playoff time, this will be a tired and beaten down squad (assuming they even make the playoffs). Miami seems to have the key to beating the Raider's short passing game that other teams have been killed by, and I think the rest of the NFL will pick up on what the Fins have been doing and use that against the Raiders, or should i say Faders? :-)

Green Bay isn't high enough on the original list.

Very Well thought out.

The only big changes that I would make would be to move the Saints back to the middle of the pack and move Seattle up to the 10-12 range.

JM2CW

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
hey man, da bills r way too high, da saints might b a lil over-rated (they had alotta talent last yr n look how dat turned out, lol). n ATL, while i really like der chances n think der gonna contend for da division, is a LIL bit too high (too many question marks to b ranked so high up). my top 5 goes more like dis....

1) Dolphins-you notice how defense-oriented teams been havin alotta success lately? well heres one wit some potential firepower on O too

2) Bucs-they lost some players (Jackson, Singleton) but they still have their core and will do some damage in the NFC.

3) Eagles- They lost Douglas, Barber n some other guys...but they still have der defensive core, and you cant underestimate an Andy Ried coached team

4) Broncos- I think Jake da Snake is gonna turn it on up der now that hes got some decent weapons to work wit...add der solid D n da fact dat Portis should get even better wit experience... n daaaang, lol

5) Titans- Steve McNair is one of the NFL's better QBs, and his toughness and leadership will set an example for the rest of the team. I also like what they have on defense, real solid.

Suprise Team: Jacksonville (projected record: 11-5, 2nd in AFC South) I really like what Del Rio did after he was hired. The signings of Douglas and Peterson, among others, will make this a good defensive team. Brunell still has something left...so with him, Jimmy Smith and a healthy Fred Taylor they could b pretty good on offense even before Leftwich is ready to contribute.

Dissapointing Team: Oakland (projected record 8-8, 4th in AFC West)- This team is gettin really old and will wear down as the season goes along. Come playoff time, this will be a tired and beaten down squad (assuming they even make the playoffs). Miami seems to have the key to beating the Raider's short passing game that other teams have been killed by, and I think the rest of the NFL will pick up on what the Fins have been doing and use that against the Raiders, or should i say Faders? :-)

Dolphins at number 1? wow, didn't expect that on this site. Dolphins D is good, but Bucs D is a lot better. No one can beat the likes of Sapp, McFarland, Brooks, Quarles, Rice and Lynch. They also go Dewayne Rudd who will only better that LB corp.

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
yo...BillsCAfan, i kno u just gotta go hatin on da dolphins, but u kno they're better den da bucs! lol peace

Well, untill our boys go out there and take that #1 Mantle away from Tampa then I have a hard time not keeping the Bucs in that #1 spot.

Hopefully next year that spot will be owned by Miami. :D

Back
Top Bottom