My Pre-Combine Mock Off-Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Pre-Combine Mock Off-Season

FinaticalOne

DieHard FinFan 4 Life
Reaction score
I figured I put a mock in before and after the combine to see how things might change later. I have a two option mock off-season. Option A = Brady Quinn or Option B = w/out Quinn.

Option A
1. QB Brady Quinn - Best player available at #9.
2. C Ryan Kalil - best center in the draft bar none.
3. LB Earl Everett - should fill the void at OLB
4. RB Lorenzo Booker - perfect compliment to spell Brown for the future years.
6. Best DB available
7. BPA

Option B
1. LT Levi Brown - with Brady off the board before we pick, this is our best choice.
2. C Ryan Kalil
3. QB Troy Smith/Drew Stanton - it will be close, but I think one these guys will fall here.
4. RB Lorenzo Booker
6. LB Brian Smith - Only if we draft Smith/Stanton in the third. If we don't, than QBs Jared Zabransky/or Jeff Rowe should be picked here.
7. BPA

Offseason Moves
1. Sign WR Donte' Stallworth, if we can't sign him then Sidney Rice could be an option with our second round pick over Kalil.
2. Sign OG/T Steinbach or OG Dielman - it's a must we get one of these guys.
3. Sign Ken Hamlin - young guy, very big hitter and emotional player. He had a serious head injury two years ago, but didn't miss a game last year (I think). If that injury is no longer a concern, he can help bolster our young secondary.

Now this is only the pre-combine mock. I'm sure after all the results come in from the combine, I will have some changes to make. :cooldude:

What do you guys think?

Both situations are good.. i have this feeling that drew Santon will be a great QB in the future... dont know where it comes from but its just a feeling.... I like the idea of getting the best O- Line we can out of the draft and use a lower pick on a QB...

Dont really ant to get stalworth...he is too injuy prone...

I think i'm the only person that doesnt thnk Ryan Kalil is gonna be there in the 2nd

I think i'm the only person that doesnt thnk Ryan Kalil is gonna be there in the 2nd

I know what you mean. I don't think he will go any further than our second round pick, but if he performs at the combine the way he did during Senior Bowl week; he will be definite first round pick.

i am fine with either one (1st Rd trade down would be better) but what u have gives us a good set of players --- I just have a feeling that Booker is going to be taken right before we pick in the 4th

Your missing a WR. We at least need a new WR for returning. If we sign Stallworth, then we can pass on WR for this year. I would prefer drafting a good WR in a deep WR draft. That way IF we keep Chambers, and he flops again, we have a backup.

I like both plan a and b but I would have added Yamun Figurs of K-State in the 4th instead of Booker in one of your plans. Figurs has return both kickoffs and punts. Plus he's just as explosive as any player in football. Booker would be a very good 3rd down option who can also return kickoffs.

I know what you mean. I don't think he will go any further than our second round pick, but if he performs at the combine the way he did during Senior Bowl week; he will be definite first round pick.

Pittsburgh probably takes him if they don't make a move in FA. OL is their only need.

I dont really like drafting Ryan Kalil. He's kind of pidgeonholed in playing for teams that run smaller zone-blocking lines like Denver/Green Bay. I'm not a big fan of the concept of using a 283 pound Center when we've got two division rivals who are going to nose tackles over him

Back
Top Bottom