My preferences/hope | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My preferences/hope

my 2 cents

my 2 cents
Reaction score
Adrain Peterson falls to #9...Green Bay trades #16 and a #2 for our #1.

#1 (16) Dwaayne Bowe, wr, LSU
#2 (9) Tony Ugoh, ot Arkansas
#2 (16) Ryan Kalil, c, USC
#3 Earl Everett, WLB, Florida
#4 Kevin Kolb, qb Houston
#6 Jon Abbate, lb Wake Forest
#7 Jeff Samardjiza, wr N. Dame (retain rights)

why would green bay trade up for peterson when they can resign green who had good year last year. i really hope miami takes leon hall. i think we need 2 find shut down corner over WR. we need turnovers in 2ndary

We have the 7th pick in the 2nd round.

We have the 7th pick in the 2nd round.

I used to think that....but its really the 8th pick #40 overall. We go from #9, to #8, to #7, than back to #9, etc...rotation wise each round.

Miami Dolphins 2007 Draft Picks: (Not including Compensatory Picks)
Round 1: 9th overall - #9th
Round 2: 8th overall - #40th
Round 3: 7th overall - #71st
Round 4: 9th overall - #105th
Round 5: 8th overall - #136th (Traded to Detriot for Joey Harrington)
Round 6: 7th overall - #167th
Round 7: 9th overall - #201st

Take a look at how we rotated last year between teams #16 - #19 each round (all tied with same record).
http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round1

I would love for that to happen. I'm not really crazy about any of the choices that will most likely be left at nine. If Quinn, Branch, or Adams are still on the board, I would hope we'd draft one of them. Bowe looks like quite a prospect so I like that pick at 16. If Ryan Kalil is still on the board when with our first pick in the second, I would take him there and not risk having someone else grab him. The other picks look solid, although the Samardjiza pick is kinda out there.

hmmm...you definitely are hoping for a lot. If by some chance Houston passes on Peterson, Green Bay would have to be convinced that one of the teams before the New York Giants will draft him. Earl Everet in the 3rd would be as big a steal as getting Crowder was.
Pretty good tho

I used to think that....but its really the 8th pick #40 overall. We go from #9, to #8, to #7, than back to #9, etc...rotation wise each round.

Miami Dolphins 2007 Draft Picks: (Not including Compensatory Picks)
Round 1: 9th overall - #9th
Round 2: 8th overall - #40th
Round 3: 7th overall - #71st
Round 4: 9th overall - #105th
Round 5: 8th overall - #136th (Traded to Detriot for Joey Harrington)
Round 6: 7th overall - #167th
Round 7: 9th overall - #201st

Take a look at how we rotated last year between teams #16 - #19 each round (all tied with same record).
http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round1

:hmmm: I stand corrected.

why would green bay trade up for peterson when they can resign green who had good year last year. i really hope miami takes leon hall. i think we need 2 find shut down corner over WR. we need turnovers in 2ndary

I agree with you. We need to a shut down corner in the 1st round.

I would love for that to happen. I'm not really crazy about any of the choices that will most likely be left at nine. If Quinn, Branch, or Adams are still on the board, I would hope we'd draft one of them. Bowe looks like quite a prospect so I like that pick at 16. If Ryan Kalil is still on the board when with our first pick in the second, I would take him there and not risk having someone else grab him. The other picks look solid, although the Samardjiza pick is kinda out there.

Yeah it is all wishful thinking anyway...but Samardjiza is a power pitcher and we all know about shoulder and elbow injuries...you can play football with them but you lose your fastball..I actually think someone will take a chance on him because he is a pitcher and not a position player ....

The only reason I can think of at this time is because Green has been injury prone and Peterson would be insurance or that much needed threat as a backup.
Another reason for not trading up is Marshawn Lynch who could/will be there at 16.

Back
Top Bottom