My Projected 53-Man Roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Projected 53-Man Roster

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Yeah, it's REALLY early for this. And it's obviously subject to change. But who can resist?? :p

QB - Fiedler / Lucas / Levcik

RB - Williams / Minor / Edwards / Henry
FB - Konrad / Dyer
WR - Chambers / Gadsden / McKnight / Ward / Simmons
TE - Mayes / Weaver / McMichael / E. Perry

OT - Smith / Wade / Spriggs
OG - Dixon / Searcy / Nails / Perry
C - Ruddy / McKinney

DE - Taylor / Gardener / D. Bowens / Ogunleye / <free agnet>
DT - T. Bowens / Chester / Haley / Grant

LB - Thomas / Greenwood / Rodgers / Russell / Hendricks / Galyon
CB - Madison / Surtain / Fletcher / Green
S - Marion / Freeman / Wooden / Gamble / McGarrahan

K - Mare
P - Royals

Bubble Players - A. Cesario / O. Lowe / J. Ogden / J. Atkins / R. Baker

Offensive line will be the toughest call this year. Perry could get caught in the numbers game, with Nails and McKinney both playing the guard spots. It'd be really tough to let him go, with Dixon's and Searcy's history. I also expect a DE to be signed in June. There could also be another WR added to the roster via FA. WE SHALL SEE.

I aggree with you except I think they keep Cesario over Nail or Perry. My reasoning is simply, Spriggs is the only backup at Tackle beside Searcy. Perry can't play the right side he proved it last season.

IMO they keep Andrew because he's young and mean and has shown some potential.

So, I say they keep Cesario and Andrew over Nails & Perry.

I think Cesario will almost undoubtedly have a roster spot this year, and perry isn't going anywhere because we would not gain anything by releasing him. We need as much depth along the line as we can get.

I doubt we will carry four RB's this year. It will come down to Edwards and Henry... which ever one stays healthy will be with the team. My guess is if they both do well in preseason, we will try to shop Edwards for a draft pick, as there are MANY RB starved teams out there... and we aren't doing him any favors by keeping him on the bench.

Also, Im hoping we get a more capable backup MLB than Galyon. He will be the odd man out in my opinion if we bring someone in, because the other two guys are mainly special teamers... and would be needed.

Im also pulling for Robert Baker to make the squad... but I think with his injury history, he will have to be head and shoulders above everyone else he is competing with for the 5th WR spot to be given a chance. I would say Simmons has the edge, because he is young and would have more potential, but we haven't seen ANYTHING from him yet, so its waaaay too early to have him penciled in.

Other than that it all looks pretty predicatable to me, and you seem to have gotten it right. It will all some down to injuries (as it always does) and if there are any key acquisitions we can make after June 1.

Ditto, Grooves. Unfortunately Ogden may make the team. I'd pull for Baker, Simmons and Edwards over him.

Good job with Levcik over McNown! I do believe the youngster is going to beat out the underachiever! But I think Henry will beat Edwards outright for the last RB spot, I dont believe we will carry 4! Other than that looks good to me! Now only if we can get through TC in condition enough for that to happen!

Another Thought -

Something else I've been considering is whether or not TE McMichael will make the team. I know he was a popular pick on draft day, but I don't recall hearing much about him from camps, and he was only a 5th rounder, and we do already have 3 other TE's on the roster that should make it.....just a thought!

One more thought.......Didn't we sign the second best college punter(according to some reports) as a CFA?
Personally I would like to see him beat Royals.....if he can learn to place his kicks the way Royals does, then he should win a spot because he has the stronger leg.....

Originally posted by Muck
Yeah, it's REALLY early for this. And it's obviously subject to change. But who can resist?? :p

QB - Fiedler / Lucas / Levcik

RB - Williams / Minor / Edwards / Henry
FB - Konrad / Dyer
WR - Chambers / Gadsden / McKnight / Ward / Simmons
TE - Mayes / Weaver / McMichael / E. Perry

OT - Smith / Wade / Spriggs
OG - Dixon / Searcy / Nails / Perry
C - Ruddy / McKinney

DE - Taylor / Gardener / D. Bowens / Ogunleye / <free agent>
DT - T. Bowens / Chester / Haley / Grant

LB - Thomas / Greenwood / Rodgers / Russell / Hendricks / Galyon
CB - Madison / Surtain / Fletcher / Green
S - Marion / Freeman / Wooden / Gamble / McGarrahan

K - Mare
P - Royals

Bubble Players - A. Cesario / O. Lowe / J. Ogden / J. Atkins / R. Baker

Offensive line will be the toughest call this year. Perry could get caught in the numbers game, with Nails and McKinney both playing the guard spots. It'd be really tough to let him go, with Dixon's and Searcy's history. I also expect a DE to be signed in June. There could also be another WR added to the roster via FA. WE SHALL SEE.

I agree with just about your whole roster. I believe we will keep 4 RBs.

It's very possible we may keep only 3 TEs if Seth McKinney can be our long snapper which means Ed Perry gets the boot. It also means we could then keep 6 WRs instead of 5. But I like Levcik over McNown simply because Levcik is bigger, has a stronger arm and that McNown has been in the league a few years and really hasn't done anything. I will be shocked if McNown makes the final cut.

Originally posted by finfan77
I aggree with you except I think they keep Cesario over Nail or Perry. My reasoning is simply, Spriggs is the only backup at Tackle beside Searcy. Perry can't play the right side he proved it last season.

IMO they keep Andrew because he's young and mean and has shown some potential.

So, I say they keep Cesario and Andrew over Nails & Perry.

You know what....we're not that far apart in our thinking. I've had Cesario on my roster for a while. BUT......I a few things caught my attention that made me drop him.

1) He only plays on the right side. Cesario can play both RG and RT. But Jamie Nails and Todd Perry also play RG...as can McKinney. So there are four guys (Searcy) ahead of AC at RG (Troy Andrew can also man the RG spot in a pinch). So I view Cesario as a RT because that position represents his only shot at making the team. And as for RT, Spriggs can play that position. He started there for Buffalo. And Wade is not injury prone. He got chopped in the knee in the first Colts game and played hurt down the stretch. So his health isn't a huge concern at this pointl.

2) We only kept 3 OTs on the roster last year. When Cesario came back, he played RG. And again, that position is stocked.

3) As questionable as the OT position might seem, the question marks only come from the LT position. Wade is set, whereas BOTH guard spots are in question. Dixon and Searcy can be DOMINANT. But Dixon suffers serious injury every season. And Searcy hasn't played in two years. So depth is an issue at BOTH guard spots as opposed to ONE tackle spot. And that's where guys like Perry (who played hurt and distracted by his mother's terminal illness) and Nails (who will most certainly make the team) become much more valuable.

4) Talent and Versatility. Perry can play both guard spots. Nails is a bulldozer who can play both guard spots (played LT in college). McKinney can play anywhere inside. Troy Andrew can also play anywhere inside. And all of those men are more talented than Cesario, who will only see time at RT. Cesario offers less value then the rest of them.

5) We stand a better chance of picking up a guy like Cesario or Troy Andrew off the street than we do Nails or Perry when we're in a pinch during the season.

About Troy Andrew.....I really like this kid. And if everyone stays healthy, he's probably gonna get caught up in the numbers game. It's too bad because if this were 2003, he'd have a spot backing up McKinney and playing guard. But the odds are that he's gonna get cut and picked up by another team.

Originally posted by Scrap Iron
It's very possible we may keep only 3 TEs if Seth McKinney can be our long snapper which means Ed Perry gets the boot.

I think Ed Perry's job is safe this year. He's the best in the business at long-snapping. But I won't deny that, just like every year, the coaches will give other players (possibly McKinney) a look at long snapping in effort to free up that roster spot. IMO, a TE roster spot will free up next season. But it will probably be Jed Weaver's (if Mayes produces and McMichael comes along).

Seems we're all pretty much in agreement that Levcik will give McNown a serious run for that #3 spot. Hope the big guy makes it.

A few more notes........

I'm betting that Leonard Henry will prove to be too talented and shows too much potential to be cut and sticks. Edwards will also stick....if he stays healthy.

Scott Galyon will stick for two reasons. 1) He can play all three LB spots and is pretty good on special teams. 2) There's simply no one else behind him that will unseat him.

Back
Top Bottom