My Projections for the Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Projections for the Miami Dolphins

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
FIRST ROUND (#20) -- MICHAEL CLAYTON WR 6-3 197 LSU

I've just got this gut feeling that Clayton is their guy if he's available, even if Shawn Andrews is there. I feel very strongly that Shawn Andrews will be there, so there will be an interesting debate going on in the Dolphins warroom. If Clayton is gone, then I believe they go with Andrews. Michael Clayton gives them a third receiver that can make plays and also a guy they can project as a starter down the road. OTHER POSSIBILITIES: Shawn Andrews OT 6-4 343 Arkansas, Michael Jenkins WR 6-4 215 Ohio State, Vernon Carey OL 6-5 350 Miami

THIRD ROUND (#87) -- ADRIAN JONES OT 6-4 294 KANSAS

If Miami goes for a wide receiver in the first round like I believe they will, I feel they have to come back in the third round and get an offensive line prospect. There will be good value for offensive linemen in the late 3rd to early 4th round area. Adrian Jones is a very, very similar player to Wade Smith, whom the Dolphins drafted last year. He's an extremely gifted athlete that may need a year of development at the pro level, but he has a high upside. OTHER POSSIBILITIES: Clarence Moore WR 6-5 211 Northern Arizona, Kendrick Starling WR 6-0 187 San Jose State, Alan Reuber OG 6-5 310 Texas A&M, Stephen Peterman OG 6-5 325 LSU

FOURTH ROUND (#119) -- ARNOLD PARKER DB 6-2 212 UTAH

The safety position is a position the Dolphins want to address and feel they can get good value at with their fourth round pick. Arnold Parker is a cornerback/safety prospect who has great size, speed, and natural coverage skills. His size projects him very well to the safety position where he could immediately contend for a starting job. OTHER POSSIBILITIES: Kentrell Curry DB 6-1 195 Georgia, Rich Gardner CB 5-11 197 Penn State, Alex Lewis LB 5-11 237 Wisconsin, Bryan Hickman 6-0 230 Kansas State

SIXTH ROUND (#186) -- ERIC TAYLOR DT 6-2 304 MEMPHIS

The Dolphins will not leave this draft without a young defensive tackle that they can groom behind Tim Bowens. Eric Taylor is a player they have recently taken an interest in. He hails from the same college as Wade Smith and has a similar upside. Taylor is a strong player who is a terrific athlete. He's a player that is flying under the radar, and Miami hopes they can steal him in this round. OTHER POSSIBILITIES: Cody Spencer LB 6-0 234 North Texas, Maurice Jones LB 6-1 240 South Florida, Corey Williams DT 6-1 310 Arkansas State

SEVENTH ROUND (#219) -- DERRICK BALLARD OLB 6-0 214 MEMPHIS

Undersized but extremely fast linebacker who has been very productive as a three year starter at Memphis. He projects as a weakside linebacker in the NFL with added weight. He's a similar player to Tommy Hendricks, whom the Dolphins lost to free agency this offseason. OTHER POSSIBILITIES: Daryl McClover LB 6-0 223 Miami, Patrick Kabongo DT 6-5 320 Nebraska, Casey Bramlett QB 6-3 225 Wyoming

SEVENTH ROUND (#221) -- JAMAAL LORD DB 6-2 220 NEBRASKA

A Corey Jenkins type of pick. Lord is a terrific athlete with good size and great running skills. He has a lot to learn about playing defense, but he projects well as either a strong safety or a linebacker. He should be a good special teams player with an upside.

I don't see us taking 2 DB's. I agree that they "might" want Clayton but as much as they've been saying they want him, I think they want someone else. I like Evans but I have a feeling that Reggie Williams might be there now and if he is then he could be the guy. I like Adrien Clarke myself in round 3 unless we go o-line in round one in which case then I'd like Hamilton in the 3rd.

Ozzy rules!!

We'll see.

I personaly feel that more attention has been spent on Shawn Andrews by the media than Michael Clayton. Dr. Z was the first to mention that a source mentioned Clayton to him, and today was the first time I saw a South Florida newspaper mention Clayton as a player Miami covets. Mel Kiper has also mentioned Clayton in conjunction with Miami.

Also, I don't like Adrien Clarke at all. He's a career underachiever who is out of shape and lacks a work ethic.

Back
Top Bottom