My quick observation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My quick observation

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I won't really give my take on the game untill tomorrow, but I have to say 2 things impressed me from listening on 560am.

1. The Dolphins were consitent on 3 and short today. I don't remember in my 15 or so years as a Dolphan that Miami could consistent in picking up first downs on the ground on 3rd and short. In the first 3 quarters 2night I think we converted on every one. That is huge, and if we can continue doing this will be the difference in many games.

2. Wally Wally Wally! Ogunleye had 2 more sacks 2night! If he can keep this up we should have enough preasure comming for the opposite side to allow Jay T have 10+sacks. Wally is my favorite player thus far in camp.

The only negative is obviously the injuries to 2 RTs. I don't understand why we have so much bad luck at the T spot, but lets pray Wade will be ok. Oh yeah JAY stop throwing ints, so we don't have to listen to crazy Feidler bashers.

He did have one..and the bashers will make that one a bash

Ogun and JT on opposite ends were just outstanding. I believe Houston was held to just 55 yds. in the 1st half.

I was also impressed with Norv`s play-calling and the execution of our offense.

Good solid play in all phases of the game.

You have to love Norv. In the first 2 drives alone 6 different players caught balls. That is so far removed from our offense last year. I also loved how Norv adapted to the different looks he got on d. When the Teans saddeled up to stop RW he beet them with passes to Konrad or Mcmichael, or a run from Konrad. Last year Chan basicly said if you can stop my game plan then you will win, Norv is changeing on the fly and making it real hard to key on any 1 player in our offense.

We`ve got more play-makers now than we`ve had since the 72`team imo.

!st and 2nd string QB positions are solid....CC, Gadsden, Ricky, McMicheal, Konrad.....look`n good, boys!

I like what I saw from Fiedler for the most part..He made some nice throws between defenders and he was accurate for the most part..He was under pressure and over threw chambers about 7 yards...The offensie line was much better but the side that stood out was left side(Run blocking).The right side is still not where you wanted for run blocking..As you all know Ricky had a good game along with Edwards..Konrad is making plays out there when ever he get the ball..

On the Defensive side of the ball...
Haley was impressie ...He was getting penetration along with Chester but Haley really stood out ........
Ogunleye is playing at a higher level...He even made stop for a loss on a Allen carry..He deserves to be the starter and play most of the snaps ....He has potential to be a sack machine and a solid all around End...
Taylor was every where but what else you expect from him ....I dare to say he is the best all around End in the NFL...
Fletcher was dissapointing like I pointed out in the other threads(don't be fooled by the int.).
Surtain and Brock had some miss communication that would had resulted in a touchdown...Surtain wasn't at his best today ....

I love that Jay had a good start to the game, and he vastly improved from last week. I haven't seen the int yet, but from what i gather it was no where near a Dolphin WR. Chambers84 can start crying, but if these continue to happen in week 1 and 2 i will jump on the bashing Feidler bandwagon. I still am routeing for him and hope it never comes to this, but the way i see it our hopes for San Deigo hinge on the fact that Jay will stop throwing stupid ints. Our offense is improved, but our d isn't and they can't afford to try to make up for frequent mistakes made by a the QB. 19ints=first round exit.
>than 10 ints=first round bye

It is that simple, so if it apears Jay is on route for the first option i will be all for giveing him the hook early on. If he is on route for the latter I will buy a #9 jersey and life will be honky dorry. I doubt this was an issue last year because Ray didn't turn any heads in preseason, but you can't ignore what he has done this preseason. I think it is safe to say that there would not be any let down if #6 was behind center.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I love that Jay had a good start to the game, and he vastly improved from last week. I haven't seen the int yet, but from what i gather it was no where near a Dolphin WR. Chambers84 can start crying, but if these continue to happen in week 1 and 2 i will jump on the bashing Feidler bandwagon. I still am routeing for him and hope it never comes to this, but the way i see it our hopes for San Deigo hinge on the fact that Jay will stop throwing stupid ints. Our offense is improved, but our d isn't and they can't afford to try to make up for frequent mistakes made by a the QB. 19ints=first round exit.

It is that simple, so if it apears Jay is on route for the first option i will be all for giveing him the hook early on. If he is on route for the latter I will buy a #9 jersey and life will be honky dorry. I doubt this was an issue last year because Ray didn't turn any heads in preseason, but you can't ignore what he has done this preseason. I think it is safe to say that there would not be any let down if #6 was behind center.

Start crying about what???

sorry it was pot shot, but anytime i post anything not blowing smoke up Feidlers bum you jump all over me.

I agree with you about not throwing the stupid INT but you can't expect the guy to throw 30 touch down with 0 int...I say he has to keep his int total below 15 to say he has improved on his desicion making...I feel confortable having Fiedler in there because I know sometime he throws some dumb int but you know that you still have a chance of winning in the fourth quater...Next year I'm all for drafting a QB in the first round though(You can't pass on the talents that are coming next year and they would make a better prospect than Sage.).............

sorry it was pot shot, but anytime i post anything not blowing smoke up Feidlers bum you jump all over me.

I've given up on some of people that "look" for things, stats etc. to use against Jay when you get that urge to bash him when you haven't done it in a while. I think some of you guys go through withdrawls or something....like alcoholics do. It's ok, I have given up bashing people that bash Jay, because I have better things to do with my time.....unlike now.

I personally believe that the statistics do not show it, but Fiedler did far more good tonight than bad. Look at the stats and you say, 1 int and 0 TDs, damn another inconsistent night for Fiedler.

What you don't see is the fact that our RBs were averaging less than 4 yards a carry, and we faced a couple of 3rd and longs, and than on two scoring drives Fiedler only threw one incompletion. He architected two TD drives and a FG drive, and only didn't get the 2 TD passes because we have a power running game that can get into the endzone. When your RBs average like 3.4 ypc and you still score 17 points in a half...its because your QB is converting third downs himself and doing all kinds of things to glue together these long 60+ yard TD drives. Actually I believe all 3 drives started about 60+ yards out from the opposing endzone. Thats pretty good for a QB.

That interception was, by the way IMO, no worst than an incompletion that leads to us punting it into the endzone. I'll take offensive efficiency and a few INTs over no INTs and playing tight-vested and punting a lot.

Ints happen it is a fact of life, but what makes me uncomfortable is how many bad ints Jay throws. All ints are bad, but i would much rather see a pass get tipped by a WR and end up in the CBs hands then to see a pass sail 10 yards past a WR and have the free safety call an infeild fly rule on the pass. Granted it is preseason and it doesn't mean squat. I wouldn't even talk about if it wasn't so familiar. Jay doesn't suffer from bad luck he just suffers from a brain fart at least once evey game. That has to stop if Miami is going to be compettitive. As a football coach, and player i can honestly tell you that it makes a big difference to every one on the team if the QB just has one stolen from him like Carr's first int to Fletcher rahter than a wounded duck or bonehead play. It is a difference of your defense wanting to go and get back for the offense and the defense not wanting to even look at the QB.

Back
Top Bottom