My Revised Dream Draft

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Reaction score
#03 - Ronnie Brown (RB - Auburn) *
#34 - Shaun Cody (DT/DE - USC) *
#46 - Matt Jones (WR - Arkansas) **
#70 - Corey Webster (CB - LSU)
4th Round - Michael Munoz (OT - Tennessee)
5th Round - Roger Cooper (LB - Montana State)
5th Round - Anthony Bryant (DT - Alabama) *
5th Round - Marviel Underwood (S - San Diego State) ***
6th Round - Ryan Fitzpatrick (QB - Harvard) **
7th Round - Matt Payne (P - BYU)

* - Obtained via trade with Browns (#2 for #3, #34, 5th round pick, and Jeff Faine)
** - Obtained via trade with Chiefs (Patrick Surtain for #46 and 6th round pick)
*** - Obtained via trade with Rams (Jeff Zgonina for 5th round pick)

I don't think the Browns are so enamored with Alex Smith that they're willing to give up their first, second, and fifth-round picks along with Jeff Faine in order to obtain him, but one can dream, right?

Worth keeping in mind: Back in 1998, the Chargers gave up the third and thirty-second overall picks of that year's draft as well as their first-round pick in 1999 and two players in order to obtain the second overall pick.

Blitz said:
#2 for #3, #34, 5th round pick, and Jeff Faine.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Ricky?? Is that you??

EDIT: Dream doesn't even begin to describe where you thought that one up!!

They spent a mid first on faine why would they give him up to move one spot...this mock makes as much sense as a baby on crack

Buddwalk said:
They spent a mid first on faine why would they give him up to move one spot...this mock makes as much sense as a baby on crack
:roflmao: brilliant

What part of "My Revised Dream Draft" don't you understand?

Anyway, even if they did give up all of those picks and Jeff Faine, which I stated is unlikely, it'd still be less than what the Chargers gave up to move from the third overall pick to the second overall pick back in '98. And if you take Faine out of the equation then we're talking about a fairly reasonable and realistic trade.

The Browns wont trade up 1 spot to pick up Smith.... especially giving up the 4 picks or whatever you have... Fins would probably take Brown if they stay with the 2nd pick.

No way do you take Matt Jones... with the pick you get from Surtain...... we trade a solid proven pro-bowl player for a raw project that didnt start as WR in his entire NCAA career.

Need to address the Safety position in the earlier rounds

Buddwalk said:
They spent a mid first on faine why would they give him up to move one spot...

Butch Davis, not Romeo Crennel, spent a first-round pick on Faine. Many people feel Faine was a second-round pick at best (Kind of like how we viewed Eddie Moore as being a third-round pick at best), and it's very possible Crennel feels he's expendable. It all depends on how badly the Browns want Alex Smith.

Blitz said:
Butch Davis, not Romeo Crennel, spent a first-round pick on Faine. Many people feel Faine was a second-round pick at best (Kind of like how we viewed Eddie Moore as being a third-round pick at best), and it's very possible Crennel feels he's expendable. It all depends on how badly the Browns want Alex Smith.

problem is they dont want him buddy...they want to trade down just as much as us...there either gonna grab braylon edwards or a defensive talent

Buddwalk said:
problem is they dont want him buddy...they want to trade down just as much as us...there either gonna grab braylon edwards or a defensive talent

Romeo? Is that you, Coach Crennel?

Blitz said:
honestly... who are these many people??

Faine is the best C prospect out of the draft in the last 3/4 years.

finsnchips said:
honestly... who are these many people??

Faine is the best C prospect out of the draft in the last 3/4 years.

There's a difference between how Faine was viewed prior to being drafted, and how he is viewed today, two seasons into his NFL career. He still has a ton of potential, but he hasn't done much more in the NFL than Seth McKinney has. A lot of Browns fans are disappointed, and Crennel may ship him for the right price.

BTW, don't you have a soccer match to catch? ;)

Though i think that trade in the topic is extremely farfetched........ Jeff Faine thus far has been a big dissapointment in Cinncinatti. And the reason the Browns would consider trading him is because he is makin top 1st round money and he isnt playing at that level. Melvin Fowler started in the place of Faine when Faine got injured and played much better in his time as the starter. So Cleveland fans have been aching about Faine's potential and lack of performance for a while now. My brother lives in Cleveland and is a big fan. Poor Guy.

A recent newspaper article in Cleveland stated this in the begining:

"It's been a rough off-season for Browns No. 1 picks. Center Jeff Faine has been no exception.

After the season, his former offensive line coach Larry Zierlein said on a radio show that backup center Melvin Fowler, who replaced the injured Faine for the last three games, played better than Faine."

Back
Top Bottom