My revised Mock Draft with no trades. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My revised Mock Draft with no trades.

PHINSfan

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Im officially off the "draft RB with the 2nd overall pick bandwagon". The way I see things now, I dont believe there will be a trade for Surtain until after the draft. And also I see trading down for a fair value will be somewhat difficult. So here is my revised draft, with 2 scenarios:

Draft #1 (If Saban wants to go with Best Player scenario)
Rd 1: B. Edwards (WR)
Rd 3: A. McPherson (QB)
Rd 4: D. Sproles (RB)
Rd 5: A. Bryant (DT)
Rd 7: R. Incognito (C/G)

Draft #2 (If Saban draft for the future)
Rd 1: A. Rodgers (QB)
Rd 3: J.J. Arrington (RB)
Rd 4: C. Roby (WR)
Rd 5: A. Means (DT)
Rd 7: D. McMillan (DE/OLB)

I think if you aren't including a Surtain trade in your mock draft, a RB should be picked by the 3rd round.

I don't see Arrington lasting till the 3rd.

PHINSfan said:
Im officially off the "draft RB with the 2nd overall pick bandwagon". The way I see things now, I dont believe there will be a trade for Surtain until after the draft. And also I see trading down for a fair value will be somewhat difficult. So here is my revised draft, with 2 scenarios:

Draft #1 (If Saban wants to go with Best Player scenario)
Rd 1: B. Edwards (WR)
Rd 3: A. McPherson (QB)
Rd 4: D. Sproles (RB)
Rd 5: A. Bryant (DT)
Rd 7: R. Incognito (C/G)

Draft #2 (If Saban draft for the future)
Rd 1: A. Rodgers (QB)
Rd 3: J.J. Arrington (RB)
Rd 4: C. Roby (WR)
Rd 5: A. Means (DT)
Rd 7: D. McMillan (DE/OLB)
so your looking to start a 4th round draft pick RB. (but i REALLY LIKE sprooles)
or you looking to start a 3rd round draft pick RB. (i also like arrington)

the only way i see that heppening is if the fins sign a big name FA RB. (which is possible)

and drafting cornhuskers is always a good thing.

I don't see means going as high as the fifth round i'd draft him in the seventh or sign him as an UDFA

Just curious you have one draft for the future and one for BPA yet you have 2 diferent DT's in the 5th, are you saying one is better but the other has a better future??

somewhat similar to my mock draft in my signature. I'm assuming ricky comes back which i think he already agreed to do with saban.

Jonny said:
Just curious you have one draft for the future and one for BPA yet you have 2 diferent DT's in the 5th, are you saying one is better but the other has a better future??

Actually I see both DT's as future NT's in a 3-4 scheme. The reason for 2 diferent players is that we cant fall in love with a certain player so late in the draft, chances are they may not be there.

ch19079 said:
so your looking to start a 4th round draft pick RB. (but i REALLY LIKE sprooles)

the only way i see that heppening is if the fins sign a big name FA RB. (which is possible)

Hey dont forget...there is a small posibility that Pot Head Williams returns, of course chances are that he may do it just to avoid paying that huge amount of money. But if he does come back, and gets in shape (i know big IF) he could fit wonderfully in Linehan's offense. Sprole , Arrington would be an ideal change of pace guy.

THOMAS_54 said:
I think if you aren't including a Surtain trade in your mock draft, a RB should be picked by the 3rd round.
I have... Arrington in the 3rd rd.
and/or Sproles in the 4th.

shouright said:
I don't see Arrington lasting till the 3rd.

Arrington stock is down apparently due to poor personal work outs and lack of height (he is 5'8). The Sporting news draft has him going in the 3rd. I like him though, I think he will be good in linehan's offense.

ch19079 said:

T. Davis was a sixth round RB and put in a good system did a good job..they didn't have that before him, so he left a legacy of how to run..

PHINSfan said:
Hey dont forget...there is a small posibility that Pot Head Williams returns, of course chances are that he may do it just to avoid paying that huge amount of money. But if he does come back, and gets in shape (i know big IF) he could fit wonderfully in Linehan's offense. Sprole , Arrington would be an ideal change of pace guy.

do you really think that:

a) he will come back at all?
b) he will come back befor the draft, so you know not to draft a RB?
c) he will come back befor the draft, and be in good enouph condition to START next season?

i dont see any case (so close to draft day) that he will come back and show the ability to start in time, so the dolphins know not to draft a RB or sign a FA RB.

IMO, they can not "avoid drafting a RB" with the #2 overall pick, on the small chance that R. Williams will come back, and risk making that 3rd round draft pick RB start next season.

the fins have to plan next season's roster like R. Williams is not comming back. and if he does come back, thats just an added bonus.

Not bad at all. I am starting to fall off of the "take a RB with the #2 pick" bandwagon as well. I wouldnt be upset if we did, but I am starting to see the reasoning with waiting. If we take Edwards in the first I would love to get McPherson. I think I would rather someone like Gore or McLendon though because of thier upside, but Sprowles could be a great thunder and lightning combo with Gordon. I like scenario two the best though.

ch19079 said:
do you really think that:

a) he will come back at all?
b) he will come back befor the draft, so you know not to draft a RB?
c) he will come back befor the draft, and be in good enouph condition to START next season?

i dont see any case (so close to draft day) that he will come back and show the ability to start in time, so the dolphins know not to draft a RB or sign a FA RB.

IMO, they can not "avoid drafting a RB" with the #2 overall pick, on the small chance that R. Williams will come back, and risk making that 3rd round draft pick RB start next season.

the fins have to plan next season's roster like R. Williams is not comming back. and if he does come back, thats just an added bonus.

You make some valid points, but can you say that the Minny's offense last year featured a stud RB. Linehan has had good success with RB's by committee. The key IMO is to have a better O-line, which I think we will under coach HH. If with an improved O-line an a better coaching group we dont see mark improvements with Feeley than Im glad we could have somebody like Rodgers (or Smith) to groom.

Back
Top Bottom