My revised PERFECT draft. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My revised PERFECT draft.

Frankly I think the only lineman we could use is a guy like Micheal Roos. A pure LT prospect. Otherwise we've got so many young talented linemen it would be useless drafting another.

Britt is a solid day 1 prospect even with the rehabbed knee. Not a chance he'll fall to day 2 imo.

Boik14 said:
Britt is a solid day 1 prospect even with the rehabbed knee. Not a chance he'll fall to day 2 imo.

Are you kidding? Many OT prospects fall especially those with questionable injuries. It could definitely happen.

Jaj said:
Frankly I think the only lineman we could use is a guy like Micheal Roos. A pure LT prospect. Otherwise we've got so many young talented linemen it would be useless drafting another.

I normally agree with you say dude, but i have to disagree with your comment about us having alot of young talented lineman. I think most of them suck. Britt who will go in the mid rounds is probably better than almost all of the lineman we have on our current roster.

McDougle
Carey
Hadnot
Smith
St. Clair
Pape
McIntosh

All have talent if their played correctly in a good scheme. Even Wesley Britt would of sucked in last year's man-on-man scheme.

Jaj said:
Are you kidding? Many OT prospects fall especially those with questionable injuries. It could definitely happen.
Except that hes worked out since his injury. If he was healthy hed be a solid mid-late 1st. I never said he wouldnt fall; infact i said he's probably a late 1st-early 2nd with that injury because i think he will drop a bit, but all the way to day 2? Are you off your rocker? :confused:

I respect what you have to say 99% of the time, IMO we have a 3-4 good young lineman. I really don't like Smith at all and Pape he was a low round pick so he still has time to develop. I'll hold off on criticizing them too much until i see what Houck does with these guy this year.

Boik14 said:
Except that hes worked out since his injury. If he was healthy hed be a solid mid-late 1st. I never said he wouldnt fall; infact i said he's probably a late 1st-early 2nd with that injury because i think he will drop a bit, but all the way to day 2? Are you off your rocker? :confused:

Huh? He's not even rated that high.

Cheapshotz said:
1st round - Ronnie Brown RB
2nd round (acquired trade) - Matt Jones WR/QB
3rd round - Andrew Walter QB
4th round - Ben Wilkerson C
5th round - Wesley Britt OT (possibly falls this far due to injuries)
6th round - Junior Rosegreen S
7th round - Santonio Thomas DT

Perfect appart from one thing. the return of RW could change 1st round. and if not we woud get benson

Boik14 said:

Boik, I'm a huge Bama fan and i love Britt as a prospect. I honestly don't think he will be drafted before round 3 though. NFL teams will overlook him due to injuries and the fact that he played on a sorry @ss team. That's how we got lucky and got Pope in the 7th last year. If Alabama hadn't been on probation and sucked @ss for the last 5 years Pope would have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Boik14 said:
He was before his injury

That's possible, but he has had numerous injuries. His draft status is a question as he's being called somewhat injury prone. I did like him quite a bit though for the 3rd. I'm just saying there were arguably better T prospects that slide further last year.

Cheapshotz said:
Boik, I'm a huge Bama fan and i love Britt as a prospect. I honestly don't think he will be drafted before round 3 though. NFL teams will overlook him due to injuries and the fact that he played on a sorry @ss team. That's how we got lucky and got Pope in the 7th last year. If Alabama hadn't been on probation and sucked @ss for the last 5 years Pope would have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
I hope your right cause i like britt a lot but im not so sure i see the overlooking thing happening. Scout.com has him as the 6th rated tackle (LT or RT) and as his injury heels hes going to get more attention and slowly move back up.

On top of that as part of D-Mac's contract restructuring we agreed not to sign or draft any more LT's

Boik14 said:
I hope your right cause i like britt a lot but im not so sure i see the overlooking thing happening. Scout.com has him as the 6th rated tackle (LT or RT) and as his injury heels hes going to get more attention and slowly move back up.

On top of that as part of D-Mac's contract restructuring we agreed not to sign or draft any more LT's

How the hell do you differentiate a LT from a RT in the draft. I mean Tony Pape played some downs at LT in college so if we drafted him this year it would have gone against McIntosh's contract? Frankly I'm really starting to dislike McIntosh.

Jaj said:
That's possible, but he has had numerous injuries. His draft status is a question as he's being called somewhat injury prone. I did like him quite a bit though for the 3rd. I'm just saying there were arguably better T prospects that slide further last year.
Some stuff from scout.com:

Gone to California
by Mitch Dobbs of BamaMag.com,

Wesley Britt is currently in Orange County, California training in preparation for April’s NFL Draft. Britt is recovering from a hairline fracture suffered in Senior Bowl practice that caused him to miss the All-Star game. He is training with Chuck Williams, a former Mr. Universe noted for working with athletes.

Britt said he will attend the NFL combine later this month, but he might be limited in what he can do. He said he didn’t expect the injury to severely damage his draft stock.

Britt's injury was not to the same leg he broke in 2003.

“I’m hearing that it shouldn’t hurt me too bad,” Britt said. I’ve just got to keep fighting and keep going hard.”

Britt was awarded the prestigious Jacobs trophy following the 2004 season, given to the Southeastern Conference’s best blocker.

3/14/2005
If you look up the word “snakebit” in the dictionary, Alabama OT Wesley Britt might be pictured. Earlier in his career, Britt looked like he was going to be a top 5 pick. He was tall, angular with good mobility and a tenacious run blocker. His coaches raved about his work ethic. The problem with Britt has been his struggles with injuries. After having an All American caliber season in 2003, he broke his leg against Tennessee. He came back last year, but struggled with a bunch of minor injuries that impacted his mobility. He needs work, but he is a tough kid with a great frame who needs to gain weight. Given some time with a good pro coach, he is a rare prospect who could become a very good left tackle.

Back
Top Bottom