Fourth round
Ed Ta'Amu OG 6-2 335 Utah

Fifth round
Robert Royal TE 6-4 253 Louisiana State

Fifth round
Kevin Bentley OLB 6-0 242 Nortwestern

Seventh round
Jason Ball C 6-2 305 New Hampshire

I really like these picks. These guys seem to be in the Jimmy mold: guys who have the potential, but lack motivation. Others who are classic overachievers. Dave is also a good motivator. So it could work.

I would be happy with this draft.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Looks good to me tho I would like to see CB taken this year.
maybe all the ones good enough to beat out Zebbie will be gone by #90 :rolleyes:

I think CB is the least of our worries right now.

I show us having 5 (some guy named Cedric Donaldson). But no matter. I think that Zebbie will be sufficient. I also feel that Trent Gamble or Arturo Freeman can be the dimeback. Gamble was more and more time at that spot before he went down.

Originally posted by Muck
I show us having 5 (some guy named Cedric Donaldson). But no matter. I think that Zebbie will be sufficient. I also feel that Trent Gamble or Arturo Freeman can be the dimeback. Gamble was more and more time at that spot before he went down.

Well ok.........But as a famous man once said: "you can never have too many good CB`s". :) Maybe I`m a little too fixated on protecting our #1 pass D rating.

Nothing wrong with that. When there was all that talk about trading Fletcher or Surtain to NO (keeping Cousin), I was freaking out. Even though we'd still have Sam, Pat, and Cousin I still was leery of losing any part that awesome pass D.

Originally posted by Muck
I think CB is the least of our worries right now.

CB is a huge worry. We only have 3 and if the season started today we would have nobody to play CB in a dime package. We would have to hope one of our safteys could make the transition. You need to have 4 legit corners on your roster. Right now we only have 3. This isn't like last year where we had too many corners and we didn't know what to do with them. Thsi year we dont' have enough. Especially consdiering both Madison and Surtain each missed time last year. Depth at CB is a huge issue.

Originally posted by KB21
http://keithbox.tripod.com

Third round
Jarvis Green DE 6-3 273 Louisiana State

Fourth round
Ed Ta'Amu OG 6-2 335 Utah

Fifth round
Robert Royal TE 6-4 253 Louisiana State

Fifth round
Kevin Bentley OLB 6-0 242 Nortwestern

Seventh round
Jason Ball C 6-2 305 New Hampshire

I like the way you tink. You should send those picks on over to http://phinzone.com/ if they hit you could win season tickets. Make some money selling them or go to the games! I really hope your mock is close to being right. If so we would have a great 2 days of drafting.

Originally posted by dolphan39
maybe all the ones good enough to beat out Zebbie will be gone by #90 :rolleyes:

That could be said for any position. :confused: I still would like to bring in a kid with potential in the mid rounds.........like with #5 comp. Damn!........wish we had more picks. Knowing we have Ricky tho, makes everything ok. :)

/me wonders if you guys ever actually watch a game.

Sam Madison #1 corner
Patrick Surtain #2 corner
Jamar Fletcher #3 corner
Trent Gamble #4 corner who rotated between 4th and 5th dime back all year long.

So all we are looking for is a 5th DB who can compete with Gamble for the 4th corner spot.

Back
Top Bottom