My sources for the draft is.... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My sources for the draft is....

Because he won't be a good NFL quarterback. That's the best reason I can come up with.

What does anyone know at this point? Was Michael Vick a good NFL QB? Did he make the probowl or the playoffs?

What does anyone know at this point? Was Michael Vick a good NFL QB? Did he make the probowl or the playoffs?

If Michael Vick is what I'm getting out of Lamar Jackson I'd take that in a heartbeat a #11. It beats anything we've had at the Qb position in 25 years.

You would think that but for some reason we played our LBs a lot on 3rd down. I think Kiko led the team in defensive snaps.In week 1 with no Timmons, Hull or Allen was out there for every snap. We played nickel but not enough of dime.

Is it because we don't really have anyone worth a dang at dime, or is it Burke and his strategy? I wonder who will help us more, a 3 down coverage LB like Smith, or a DB that can play dime at a high level?

If Michael Vick is what I'm getting out of Lamar Jackson I'd take that in a heartbeat a #11. It beats anything we've had at the Qb position in 25 years.
He might be just trying to help him along, but Vick loves the guy and says he's 5x better than he was. (if I remember correctly)

Think it's best to trade out of #11. Just my opinion

I agree with you, depending on who is still on the board and how far we are moving back. If Edmunds, Vea, James, and Smith are all still on the board, I could see us dropping 6-7 spots. Who knows. Maybe further if we still have need at DT. There seems to be several DT's projected to go later in the first. Dropping could give us ammunition to pick up one of the second tier QB's and still have picks to fill the holes we really need to early (LB, DT, TE, and maybe FS)

Is it because we don't really have anyone worth a dang at dime, or is it Burke and his strategy? I wonder who will help us more, a 3 down coverage LB, or a DB that can play dime at a high level?

Could have been the lack of a decent cover safety off the bench (No TJ until week 9) or Lippett's injury. But one of the DBs had to be a better option than any of the LBs we had on the field.

Same boat.

11: Edmunds, Smith, James
42: Goedert, Gesicki, Hurst

In the third round I'd go BPA at OL, DT, FS, RB.

This would be the most logical approach to the draft, but I think in this case, 3rd round we should go QB. 4th at latest.

To roll into this season with Tannehill and Fales is super risky. If the front office takes that risk, I'll find it very unsettling. I wanted Baker, but I realize he's a little out of range. However, if Miami doesn't grab a QB in the first 3-4 rounds this year, we'll be in the same boat as last year: scrambling to sign a vet if Ryan goes down, because Gase will have zero trust in his backup, just like last year with Moore.

Watch Miami ignore the QB position in the draft til day 3 & roll into the season with Tanny and Fales. Ryan goes down and Gase panics and brings Cutler back for another 10M. No thanks.

I'll be rooting for Tannehill to win comeback player of the year this season, but if he does go down, I don't want the season to be lost with a bum backup. We need a rookie we can all feel optimistic about. Will it work out? Who knows! But at least there'll be hope! What happened last year was devastating, to subject yourself to the same thing this season would be absolutely nuts.

Last edited:
I go with the lb, lb play has killed us forever so if we have a shot at getting one get one, we have 2 decent safeties now, we can draft a safety later in the draft and develop him

No. Vick brought limited excitement but not much else. Don't want or need that style for us.

Right and perpetual 7-9 is fun? I'll take 4-5 years up pure excitement with a real chance at a super bowl. We're not getting that with Tannehill unless everything falls into place for him, everything.

Gesicki doenst do much after the catch. he is 50/50 ball guy. I would only grab him in the 2nd if hurst or Andrews aren't there

The more I dwell on it the more I'm just not taking a QB unless it's great value. There is going to be one that falls way below what eveyones thinking that's the one I'm grabbing. Something great is falling to me at 11 wether it's Barkley omg yes yes yes, edmunds, smith, derwin. I want some damn excitement this year's draft. Like Tunsil falling.

Right and perpetual 7-9 is fun? I'll take 4-5 years up pure excitement with a real chance at a super bowl. We're not getting that with Tannehill unless everything falls into place for him, everything.

We wouldn’t get 4-5 years, at most it would be 2 or fewer. Defenses figure out athlete first qbs because they often struggle with reading defenses and accuracy, which is very true for Jackson.

Gesicki doenst do much after the catch. he is 50/50 ball guy. I would only grab him in the 2nd if hurst or Andrews aren't there
He's very good in tight coverage, caught 75% of contested targets. Think he was 3rd best in the fbs out of the slot. Can't look atm

Back
Top Bottom