My sources for the draft is.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My sources for the draft is....

We wouldn’t get 4-5 years, at most it would be 2 or fewer. Defenses figure out athlete first qbs because they often struggle with reading defenses and accuracy, which is very true for Jackson.
Exactly. Two years later they've become predictable and everyone will be screaming for a new QB.

I'm all for trading down.Trade that #11 for 2 2nds 1 3rd and 1 4th.We'd have 3 2nd round picks

Doesn't really make sense since the Jets were already ahead of us and were taking a QB regardless. Ask your "sources" why this affected anything
Makes sense if New York thought we had a package for #5...

This would be the most logical approach to the draft, but I think in this case, 3rd round we should go QB. 4th at latest.

To roll into this season with Tannehill and Fales is super risky. If the front office takes that risk, I'll find it very unsettling. I wanted Baker, but I realize he's a little out of range. However, if Miami doesn't grab a QB in the first 3-4 rounds this year, we'll be in the same boat as last year: scrambling to sign a vet if Ryan goes down, because Gase will have zero trust in his backup, just like last year with Moore.

Watch Miami ignore the QB position in the draft til day 3 & roll into the season with Tanny and Fales. Ryan goes down and Gase panics and brings Cutler back for another 10M. No thanks.

I'll be rooting for Tannehill to win comeback player of the year this season, but if he does go down, I don't want the season to be lost with a bum backup. We need a rookie we can all feel optimistic about. Will it work out? Who knows! But at least there'll be hope! What happened last year was devastating, to subject yourself to the same thing this season would be absolutely nuts.
Absolutely agree.

Curious how people feel about Falk, Lauletta, and White.

Be nice if we can Land Rudolph in the 2nd... It's good cause Denver, Jets, Cleveland , and the Bills trading up taking a QB help us in the 2nd round big time.
Rudolph...is Bryce Petty remix

Since QB is out of reach now, with the Jets moving up. I was told Miami will turn to plan B. They will draft DT Vita Vea or LB Tremaine Edmunds. I wanted a QB just like everyone else, but it looks like it isnt happening.

JUST KIDDING LOL.....WE ARE GETTING LAMAR JACKSON!

I think you were far more accurate with your 1st guess.

Anyone else think Guice at #11 is an option? Let me say this before you commence the crucificafion. We have a lot more pressing needs then RB. Guard, Linebacker, DT, TE ect.... There are more holes then we have answers for. The thought of picking back after Drake put together a more satisfying season seems insane. Just my gut feeling. But what do I know? I'm a Jag. Thoughts? Please be real and not some belittling statements. Good vibes only!

How far will Lamar drop? I'm afraid Gesicki will be gone before 42. Would it be possible to trade down get Jackson and get a another 2nd? I know it's not always that easy especially not knowing how far Lamar will drop.

I think after the trade up of the jets to number 3 Gase, Tannenbaum and Grier must have started to debate whether they like Lamar Jackson as their backup and developmental quarterback behind Tannehill or not.

The chances of one out of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield getting to the Dolphin's pick have become very slim.
The price for a trade up for one of them is likely to be a bet for a madman.
So the thought that the fins might be able to get an exciting and ... polarizing qb prospect with Lamar Jackson and another second round pick to grab Gesicki is quite enticing.

On the other hand, if the fins stay put and grab themselves a good prospect like Tremaine Edmunds, Derwim James or Roquan Smith I'd be happy too.

Bonus: NFL Network Interview with Michael Vick on Lamar Jackson

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom