My State of the Jets Address | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My State of the Jets Address

J-E-T-S

Down with the Fins
Reaction score
The Jets performance was a disgrace, and if next week's game is approached the same way, it will not be pretty.

QB: Vinny is terrible. Never hits receivers in stride. Pennnington must get chance in meaningful game.

RB: Martin, through a game and a half, 8 carries, 11 yards. What is that? 8 carries in a game and a half?

WR: Did not catch a pass in 1st half. Do not get balls thrown to them.

OL: Not good. Pressure on QB, and no holes.

DL: Joke.

LB: Joke

DB: Joke

ST: The only positive on this team.

The coaching staff is horrendous. Hackett is probably the worst O-Coor. in the league, Cottrell has shown nothing. Herman Edwards can motivate, but coach? Westhoff is the only one who excels.

You guys probably didn't watch the game, but every pass was a 5 yard out to Richie Anderson, they did not throw the ball down the field until it was 20-0. It was a disgrace.

Oh and by the way, the Pats coaching staff is what makes them the best. Say what you want about Turner, Martz, whoever else, there is no better offensive mind than Charlie Weis. He is amazing. Everyone know about Bellichick.

Wow, I never expected a Jet fan to come out and openly admit they sucked during a game. You have my respect bro. I agree what you said about the Pats and their coaching staff though. They are what make the Pats so good......

I think what the Pats are doing this year that is catching people by surprise is throwing the ball. To this extent I believe to defeat this the coverage has to be very physical. When a reciever makes a catch make sure he gets hit hard every time. Smash him in the mouth and let him know that if he is gonna catch the ball, he is going to pay for it.

Thats part of what the pats did to the rams in the SB and thats what we need to do to the pats.

I was at the game yesterday and it was alot worse than watching it on TV. It's is gonna be interesting to see how Herm get this team ready for a 2-0 Miami team that is just aching to lay a whippin on the Jets.

It's gonna take some time for O-Line to gel and the defense needs to stop giving the offense 10 yards when they need nine to get a first down.

As far as the Pats are concerned they are the best right now. Its amazing that the Jets were actually favored yesterday. Brady is showing that he has that special quality that great qb's have. The defense executes the game plan to perfection.

Miami though is gonna have to play error free football to win. Now this isn't meant to flame but let face it; Miami should have won last year's game at the Medowlands but at the first sign of trouble it was "Here we go again with the Jets" Same thing in Miami for the rematch. Ball bounces off a helmet into the hands of Aaron Glenn and the Jets are off to the races again.

They'll be thinking about this all week

Me thinks not, here's why...

Originally posted by shawn306

Miami though is gonna have to play error free football to win. Now this isn't meant to flame but let face it; Miami should have won last year's game at the Medowlands but at the first sign of trouble it was "Here we go again with the Jets" Same thing in Miami for the rematch. Ball bounces off a helmet into the hands of Aaron Glenn and the Jets are off to the races again.

They'll be thinking about this all week

Here is the thing that it seems like almost everyone seems to be overlooking...

This IS not the same Dolphins team from a year ago. Their identity has changed from a defense dependant ball control play it safe team to a "Fun-N-Gun", mix-it-up type of offense. Norv and Ricky weren't here for the streak and the scheme was different...

Its not the same mindset. We are the Jets bitches no more.

it doesn't matter, as with all of our afc east foes, i take one scary game at a time. any given sunday the jests could be a worse team and still win...hell, buffalo gave everybody fits last season and they finished 2-14.
sunday's game against the colts reminded me of the last couple of jests debacles...glad we got that out of our system!
we need to play all 4 quarters to beat the jits, not 2 and "hold 'em" like yesterday! hell, i thought chan gailey had relieved norv after the first half!

I'd hardly call us Fun-n-Gun....our leading receiver has less than 100 yards receiving in 2 games, and most of the throws are going to backs and TEs.....

Don't get me wrong, we are efficient as hell, i just wouldn't throw around a word like fun-n-gun....yet.....

You're right, this isn't the same Phins team, but it hasn't benn the sme for 4 years in a row, and we have still succomb to this damned Jets curse.......we just need to whip them, and whip them good. They have all the confidence in the world against us!

All in all, I predict we win this game rather handily...their Defense hasn't tackled anybody this year, and RW is great at breaking tackles.

I think Sunday is gonna be very interesting. The Jets can ill afford to fall two games behind Miami and New England (Who is against K.C.) this week. This could be a game that defines the season for them.

Miami offensively looks alot better than last year but like I said earlier I'm really gonna be interested in seeing how they react to adversity. (For that case both teams cause right now the Jets are really facing adversity following the beating they took yesterday)

It's gonna be real fun to see who get's to chase the Pats for the division.

right now the Pats llok like the best team in the AFCE, then the fins. Although the bills lost to the Jets, we dominated them and I think we will get better.

If history repeats itself like it did last Sunday (when the Colts can't beat the fins at home) the Jets might still own the fins. As much as I hate the jets, I hate the fins more. Hope the Jets win.

Originally posted by justafan
right now the Pats llok like the best team in the AFCE, then the fins. Although the bills lost to the Jets, we dominated them and I think we will get better.

If history repeats itself like it did last Sunday (when the Colts can't beat the fins at home) the Jets might still own the fins. As much as I hate the jets, I hate the fins more. Hope the Jets win.
Lets be honest every body in the division hates the phins the most because we win the most. Maybe not the big game but most consistantly through out the years.

I think we as fans are blessed. Our division is generally the toughest in the league, and as fans we have an honest dislike for the other teams in the division. I think that is great, makes all the games that much more fun.

Just imagine if you were a Jags fan, do you really hate the Texans, Titans or Colts? Honestly?

We are in great division, and I for one love it.

I hate the Bills, Jets, and Patriots!!!!!!! But I love the AFC East!!!

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I think we as fans are blessed. Our division is generally the toughest in the league, and as fans we have an honest dislike for the other teams in the division. I think that is great, makes all the games that much more fun.

Just imagine if you were a Jags fan, do you really hate the Titans or Colts? Honestly?

Here! Here!! :drinkers: :happydrin :rocker:

Jeeees, all this division unity is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Seriously though, its great when Bills, Jets and Phin fans can actually conduct a sensible discussion about football, rather than resulting to childish insults and dismissing the other teams players. I actually visited the ESPN Jets message board yesterday, and was highly amused to see a Jet fan declare that "Chris Chambers consistently drops passes and is a third reciever at best". I didn't even bother responding to that one.

Above all, I think that most of us are football fans. Its why we can apreciate play by Curtis Martin, Drew Bledsoe or Tom Brady despite the fact that we may secretly WISH that they were simply average, because they don't play for our team. I don't know about any of you guys, but when I can find the time to come on to these message boards it is a kick in the nuts to find smack talk of the most juvenile variety. Its very refreshing to hear some honest talk from a Jets fan, or the Colt fan who returned yesterday and said "congrats on the win". That is classy....and to me thats what it should be about.

Here is to the AFC east....the best division in football

Originally posted by Bodzilla29

Just imagine if you were a Jags fan, do you really hate the Texans, Titans or Colts? Honestly?

I wouldn't mind having the Bills or Jets being eliminated from the NFL. Anyways next week is going to be tough but we have a shot.

Re: Me thinks not, here's why...

Originally posted by 13isgr81

Here is the thing that it seems like almost everyone seems to be overlooking...

This IS not the same Dolphins team from a year ago. Their identity has changed from a defense dependant ball control play it safe team to a "Fun-N-Gun", mix-it-up type of offense. Norv and Ricky weren't here for the streak and the scheme was different...

Its not the same mindset. We are the Jets bitches no more.

I am with you there - this is a completely new team and offensive mindset. Only mistakes on O and Mare missing the FG made the indy game a nail biter. Not to say we have a dominant O, but an agressive OC who will try to score for all 60 minutes.

Kudos to all the AFC E fans for such a civilized discussion. Personally, unless Rich Kotite is on the sidelines for the Jets, I am worried about playing them, but in Sept in Miami and after the way the 2 teams played last week, I see no reason why the streak will not end :D

Back
Top Bottom