my take, an honest opinion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my take, an honest opinion

ch19079

Dolphin, its whats for dinner
Reaction score
ok, first off, im a bills fan, but im not one of those trolls here just to rub it in. i acutally want to give my take on the game.

i have been saying for a week now how the fins would not change offensive gameplans to run the ball. i was wrong. they did run, and were effective doing so. but they were stopped on 4th down twice early which i feel were the game changing plays/calls of the game. and after that the running game was slowed and harrington didnt complete many 3rd downs.

the fins secondary is the weakest link in the fins D. they didnt give up to many plays, but the ones they did give up resulted in points. i dont think that was a surprise to many since everyone in the nfl knows the safety position needed improvement. i see the fins signing a big name beast at safety in the offseason to correct that and lead the secondary like JT has for the D-Line and ZT has for the LBs.

the fins limited McGahee and even put him on the sidelines for a while. the fins D did what they were supposed to. The fin offense screwed up today.

I have been a big fan of harrington ever since the bills wanted to draft him. but the fin offense seemed to struggle all day. the bills were playing the pass all day, and actually slowed the runnig game down after the 1st quarter and managed to keep the fins from completing 3rd downs, even if that was due to a few drops and poor passes from harrington. i knew harrington would throw some INTs which would determin the outcome of the game, but a 0 passing rating was unexpected to say the least. nothing went well for him. dropped passes on 3rd down by one of the best afc TEs, really turned the mommentum to the bills.

in the end the fins, with harrington, could not pass the ball effectively. lemon did ok, but that was really just junk time and the only thing he ended up doing was trying to break the shut out.

i will give saban credit for going for it on 4th down on the bills goaline. that was something i can respect.

this was the bills superbowl. we are "still in it" but i am still in touch with reality and understand that this was our only real playoff game. i was very worried going in to this game, but it turned out to be one of my best memories of bills football.

the fins D-line played well, and the fins D played well. especially Thomas who is a god damn beast. JT had some good plays, a sack and defelcted pass on a 3rd and 1. but overall i think the bills O-Line playing ok agenst a very good fin D-line, JP making accurate passes, and the bills D stopping the passing game on 3rd down resulted in the bills win. :D

Losman keeps getting better and better, he's impressed me.

as for Harrington, well, it just wasn't his day.

congrats on a great win.

The only thing I would add is that it was a very poor decision to ever let Evans go one on one. I realiZe that it exposes you to a second receiver, but the BILLS have yet to really establish a #2.

Anytime you put Evans on single coverage, he will burn your aZZ.

Obviously.

wyobilzfan said:
The only thing I would add is that it was a very poor decision to ever let Evans go one on one. I realiZe that it exposes you to a second receiver, but the BILLS have yet to really establish a #2.

Anytime you put Evans on single coverage, he will burn your aZZ.

Obviously.
i agree with everything. i thaught Price could become that #2 he used to be, but maybe next season... :( .

after everything i read this week, i thaught for sure the fins would double evans on every single play. he really only made one play, but it set up the TD. :D

I'll have to watch the replay, but I thought Evans had more than ONE important play. He certainly had single coverage on more than one play.

Very bad decision making to let him go on single coverage.

part of the bills o-line success was due to the tiring of our d-line..but still a good job nonetheless

ch19079 said:
lemon did ok, but that was really just junk time and the only thing he ended up doing was trying to break the shut out.
every1 says it was junk time but its not as if the bills defense gave up...u wanted to keep the shut out and lemon fit a lot of throws into tight spots...a couple times i thought he was going to get picked but he fit it in nicely...he has to start over joey next week...we kno what we have in joey (a good backup) now we need to see if lemon can emerge...good qb's don't have days where they can't even throw past 5 yrds w/o getting picked

harrington can not turn over the ball

Yes he can. He's actually quite good at it.And although not kicking the field goal from the 24 was a big play, I think the pick right after getting the fumble was THE play today.

Hey guys.The originator of this thread did not come to talk smack.I would hate to move this thread to the depths because a couple of posters are doing it.

So please comment on the post and not the poster.Some posts have been deleted.

I wish I had an opportunity to comment, but living in the Blackout Area, made it impossible for me to see the game. From what I read, I am probably better of for it.

I just can't figure out how a team so with it last week can show up so deflated the next.
Oh well, there is always the anticipation of the draft and next year.

CrunchTime said:
Hey guys.The originator of this thread did not come to talk smack.I would hate to move this thread to the depths because a couple of posters are doing it.

So please comment on the post and not the poster.Some posts have been deleted.

I was gonna say.. Damn this thread is pretty good!

Buffalo just outplayed us. We didn't capitalize on our Turnovers and when the D made big plays . . .Joey gave it right back. It gets frustrating after a while. The D is our candy jar just like Marino was Jimmy's candy jar . . . u can't keep digging into the candy jar and expecting to get your favorite treat all the time, and today the D wasn't perfect . . . but damn it would be nice to have some offensive help to give this D confidence. This D had to be perfect for us to win today, that is shameful to ask that from them every week.

Back
Top Bottom